Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Rush Fake It?
Yes 26 25.49%
No 70 68.63%
Undecided 6 5.88%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 04:23 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,111 times

Advertisements

Note: Please read entire post with disclaimer before replying. This is NOT a bash on Conservatives or Rush Limbaugh, but rather a general question about the realities of the ENTERTAINMENT industry as well as the recent events. If you are of the opinion that the answer is that Rush didn't fake his alleged heart attack, then please simply Vote "NO."

------------------------------

Honolulu, Hawaii (CNN) -- Tests that were performed on Rush Limbaugh after he was admitted to a Hawaii hospital for chest pains "found absolutely nothing wrong," the conservative talk show host said Friday.

Doctors gave Limbaugh an angiogram Thursday that revealed no evidence of arterial or coronary disease, he said.

The cause of his pain -- which he called "real" -- has not been determined.

----------------------------

Leaving politics or any of his controversial views aside, he's an ENTERTAINER. For entertainment purposes, what better way to rejuvinate a listening audience or to create a new one, than to have your name THROUGHOUT the news?

Afterall, one of the first declarations that I heard made from the Rush Limbaugh camp was when his next show would be on.

And for those that reply with, "I can't believe you'd question this..." etc, save it. You may be that naive, but most people aren't.

So, do you believe Rush Limbaugh faked it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 04:26 PM

1,179 posts, read 976,094 times
Somebody should ask Michael J. Fox I guess...

Old 01-01-2010, 04:27 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,790,947 times
I believe he did. He has proven himself to be a deceiver and a wicked man, and a stunt like that would not be out of line with his immoral character. Just as he lied and hid his drug addiction and illegal drug dealing, and then later brushed it off as nothing and even defended himself and made up more lies aboout it, I'm sure this heart attack was a stunt.

I believe he probably had chest pains, but calling them "serious" was the stunt. He didn't need surgery or anything and as you said the first thing his people did was hawk his next show.

I'm sure ratings are down because more and more people wake up out of their stupors and stop listening to him every day. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more similar desperate stunts like this from him in the upcoming year.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:28 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Nah, he was just hoping that Obama would visit him in the hospital.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:29 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
I think he's been faking it for years

Old 01-01-2010, 04:29 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Note: Please read entire post with disclaimer before replying. This is NOT a bash on Conservatives or Rush Limbaugh, but rather a general question about the realities of the ENTERTAINMENT industry as well as the recent events. If you are of the opinion that the answer is that Rush didn't fake his alleged heart attack, then please simply Vote "NO."

------------------------------

Honolulu, Hawaii (CNN) -- Tests that were performed on Rush Limbaugh after he was admitted to a Hawaii hospital for chest pains "found absolutely nothing wrong," the conservative talk show host said Friday.

Doctors gave Limbaugh an angiogram Thursday that revealed no evidence of arterial or coronary disease, he said.

The cause of his pain -- which he called "real" -- has not been determined.

----------------------------

Leaving politics or any of his controversial views aside, he's an ENTERTAINER. For entertainment purposes, what better way to rejuvinate a listening audience or to create a new one, than to have your name THROUGHOUT the news?

Afterall, one of the first declarations that I heard made from the Rush Limbaugh camp was when his next show would be on.

And for those that reply with, "I can't believe you'd question this..." etc, save it. You may be that naive, but most people aren't.

So, do you believe Rush Limbaugh faked it?
Please post a thread. Do Liberals Envy Rush Limbaugh?

Old 01-01-2010, 04:33 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Do you have any idea how many people are admitted to the hospital with severe chest pains, only to be later released with a diagnosis of "nothing was wrong", or "heartburn" or "panic attack" or some other non-heart attack related diagnosis?

I loathe Rush Limbaugh, but this kind of speculation is disgusting.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:34 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Please post a thread. Do Liberals Envy Rush Limbaugh?
I'm not sure what one's political lean would be. I envy multi-millionaires. Rush has always been honest about being a greedy man and I'm fine with that. To me, he's a little more honest than Glenn Beck - it's all about the Benjamins, baby. I'd gladly switch spots with Rush, but you somehow avoided the question and turned it to politics: did he fake it?

Old 01-01-2010, 04:38 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
like Rush needs publicity or money. sheeesh

Old 01-01-2010, 04:39 PM

8,894 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Plenty of people are admitted to hospitals for chest pain and later released ... could be anything from stress to gallbladder disease. Nothing new .... besides Rush doesn't need the publicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies