Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 06:51 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Could someone perhaps explain to me how the bolded portion was extrapolated in such a way that Kean meant it would benefit the GOP.

Are we assuming he meant it would benefit the GOP because he is a Republican?

Is there another source where Kean went on to say that it would benefit the GOP?

Surely this couldn't be one of those examples of some obscure statement being taken out of context or used as a political tool to assail someone now.
The original poster has declined to defend it so I think we can assume it is a toll thread.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:55 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Could someone perhaps explain to me how the bolded portion was extrapolated in such a way that Kean meant it would benefit the GOP.

Is there another source where Kean went on to say that it would benefit the GOP?

Surely this couldn't be one of those examples of some obscure statement being taken out of context or used as a political tool to assail someone now.
No, surely not!

(thanks for helping keep the discussion sane )

Old 01-03-2010, 06:55 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:

OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!
Republicans are known for this kind of crap. Like finding things even in horrible sad events like terror attacks to advance their agenda.

It doesn't have to be a source. It is common sense.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:58 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!
Republicans are known for this kind of crap. Like finding things even in horrible sad events like terror attacks to advance their agenda.

Sorry, in your exhuberance, I lost you...what is common sense?

Old 01-03-2010, 06:59 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
You are without a doubt the very LAST person to be talking like this.

Go back and read your posts. Then get back to me.

I never wish bad on any American and never hope an event happens that causes someone to lose their or their families lives.

Go back and understand.

So are you defending the original posters idea that the GOP as a whole is wishing of something, I surely hope not.

Even you, one who does cross the line in certain cases does not believe this.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Well for those that didn't bother reading, the "us" he was referring to was the current administration, NOT THE GOP. Here's his words from the link in the OP:

“We had an administration which was not focused, as it should be, on terrorism and that’s understandable,” Kean said. “They were focused on health care and global warming and the economy. That’s very understandable. Secondly, we weren’t really focused on Yemen and the terrible things that are happening there. Now we are and that’s a good thing. And, thirdly, there were holes obviously and the [intelligence gathering] system wasn’t working well. We found out it wasn’t working well and the president understands it’s not working well and now we’re focused on fixing it.”

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!

So in response to Republicans being known to use this kind of tactic, you went and did the same thing? So then wouldn't this now mean that people use these kinds of tactics, not just Republicans?

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!

And to think I believe you have this backwards.

Were you around during the Bush years of the Iraq War?

Old 01-03-2010, 07:01 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I never wish bad on any American and never hope an event happens that causes someone to lose their or their families lives.

Go back and understand.

So are you defending the original posters idea that the GOP as a whole is wishing of something, I surely hope not.

This goes back to my original premise. The only reason someone would post something like this is out of a sense of panic. Their party is imploding and any charge no matter how far out will be hurled. Of course it will be solidly supported by, "everyone knows" or in this instance "common sense"

Old 01-03-2010, 07:02 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
And to think I believe you have this backwards.

Were you around during the Bush years of the Iraq War?
Oh I was.

I have it backwards? Please. As I said REREAD your posts about Obama and the left and then come back. Sound good? awesome!

Quote:

Go back and understand.

Really? So you would not throw liberal kids in a closet?

I do believe that some (not all) Republicans would LOVE a terrorist attack under Obamas watch so then they can say "it was a favor" or "TOLD YOU HE IS WEAK!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies