Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 12:54 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,920 times

Advertisements

"Before the battle began the chefs were able to ask Mrs. Obama a question about the garden. Flay says, "I asked her if there was one ingredient I should not pass up. She promptly said, 'Sweet potatoes.' And the sweet potatoes in that garden are immense. Obviously, we took that cue." The First Lady shared that she and the President are sweet potato lovers."

Michelle Obama reveals secret ingredient on Iron Chef America - Vegsource.com

They are sweet potatoes lovers but failed to list them in their garden plans?

Old 01-04-2010, 12:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Nobody has brought that up except you...
you obviously missed the part of my response about the reporter in Md doing an article on the garden and Michelle. That is what I was referring to...

Nita

Old 01-04-2010, 12:56 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,881 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPeMx6LQxPk

Quote:
WHO CARES? BESIDES YOU?

Old 01-04-2010, 12:57 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Who in here said they hated Michelle Obama?

But when the president tells us we should keep our house at a certain temp then he should be a good leader and keep his house at the temp.

How can you expect someone to listen and follow when you dont do what you are asking others to do? Shouldnt Obama say we should all keep the temp of our house at x and he actually keep his house at x degrees also

I dont get why people support Obama but doesnt think he should be a leader. They are simple followers will do what he says even if he doesnt do what he says. tisk tisk tisk
You have first hand knowledge of the temp in the White House do you?

Old 01-04-2010, 12:58 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,444,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Who in here said they hated Michelle Obama?

But when the president tells us we should keep our house at a certain temp then he should be a good leader and keep his house at the temp.

How can you expect someone to listen and follow when you dont do what you are asking others to do? Shouldnt Obama say we should all keep the temp of our house at x and he actually keep his house at x degrees also

I dont get why people support Obama but doesnt think he should be a leader. They are simple followers will do what he says even if he doesnt do what he says. tisk tisk tisk
what on earth does this have to do with the subject of this thread? Oh wait, I know, you think every thread is an open invitation to spew more hateful crap about the Obamas. Got it. Carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post

"Before the battle began the chefs were able to ask Mrs. Obama a question about the garden. Flay says, "I asked her if there was one ingredient I should not pass up. She promptly said, 'Sweet potatoes.' And the sweet potatoes in that garden are immense. Obviously, we took that cue." The First Lady shared that she and the President are sweet [COLOR=#006633 ! important][COLOR=#006633 ! important]potato[/color][/color] lovers."

News Flash: Hell Still Scaldingly Hot

Old 01-04-2010, 01:01 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:
"Before the battle began the chefs were able to ask Mrs. Obama a question about the garden. Flay says, "I asked her if there was one ingredient I should not pass up. She promptly said, 'Sweet potatoes.' And the sweet potatoes in that garden are immense. Obviously, we took that cue." The First Lady shared that she and the President are sweet potato lovers."

You remind me of a couple of ex-posters on this forum, LogicWings and Kootr, they too kept babbling on ignoring the facts posted prior to their own rambling....did you used to be one of them?

Old 01-04-2010, 01:02 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:

They are sweet potato lovers who added them to their garden plans?

See, that's not such a dubitable claim. Now you can sleep at night, knowing that the sweet potatoes were grown in the White House vegetable garden.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:03 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,444,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

you obviously missed the part of my response about the reporter in Md doing an article on the garden and Michelle. That is what I was referring to...
Hmmm, since when is one reporter in Maryland "the media" that you were whining about? Why did you think it was necessary to paint a picture of our First Lady as a maid cleaning bathrooms when this is a thread about her gardening? What does one article by one writer have to do with "the media" going overboard about "the entire Obama world"?

Nobody missed anything except you. Well, one thing you didn't miss was the opportunity to denigrate our President and First Lady again. Congratulations, you must be so proud.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,885 times
PEOPLE ARE JUST NUTS! How in the world can anyone take seriously anything said by people whose lives and minds are so teeny tiny that they have the time and energy to worry about sweet potatos in the white house garden and the temperature in the oval office? In a world full of war, hunger, joblessness, homelessness, people dying for lack of medical care, etc. etc, we are now all to pause and shake our head in sorrow over sweet potatos. Heaven help us all.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:05 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,917 times
Quote:

This is absolutely the dumbest thread I've ever participated in !!!

Try reading Jill61's link:

First lady Michelle Obama harvests White House garden with D.C. fifth-graders - washingtonpost.com

Pay careful attention to the caption beneath the photo.

And please remember to change the subject again after you are proven wrong once again.

I'll look forward to your next post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies