Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 11:32 AM

26,575 posts, read 14,444,771 times

Advertisements

from what i can find the rumor comes from a 2004 interview with maya where the reporter, not maya, stated that the president was born in queen's hospital.

i can't find a link to that interview but if anyone has it i'd be curious to read it.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:35 AM

217 posts, read 125,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red red rose View Post
Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.
Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

The Kenyan-born Senator will, however, face a stiff competition from his Republican counterpart, John McCain who has taken the presidential battle to the finishing line with vigorous campaign strategies.

Nigerian Observer Online Edition

Kampala — Ugandans have formed a group to mobilise support for Kenyan born-senator, Barack Obama for the US presidency.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200802180051.html (broken link)

She has had to answer questions on her recent fund raising dinner at which she sought to raise N100 million for the campaign of Kenyan-born, American presidential candidate, Barack Obama.

The Sun News On-line | Opinion (http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/opinion/2008/aug/27/opinion-27-08-2008-001.htm - broken link)

Whether it is his race, ethnicity or whatever, Barack Obama had trounced the white-dominated establishment in worldwide polls conducted prior to the election. People everywhere identified with this slim Kenyan-born presidential hopeful.
‘A Hausawi in the White House’

Kenyan-born Obama beat former first lady Hilary Clinton in the race for the party's candidate for the US presidential election later this year.
Gambian politicians elated at Barack Obama's nomination for US president

A Congressional Quarterly (CQ) politics monitored on BBC put the Kenyan born American ahead of his rival, Senator McCain.
AMERICANS DECIDE TODAY. GO OBAMA! - modernghana.com (http://www.modernghana.com/news2/189461/1/americans-decide-today-go-obama.html - broken link)

Radio Jockey: President elect Obama's birth place over in Kenya -- is that going to be a national spot to go visit where he was born?
Ambassador Peter Ogego:It's already an attraction. His paternal grandmother is still alive, and uh ...
Radio Jockey:But his birth place...they'll put up a marker there...
Ambassador Peter Ogego: It would depend on the government. It's already well known.
www.youtube.com/v/zH4GX3Otf14

Little wonder then why Kenyan-born Barack Obama, America's first Black President, converted his major speech at his recent Ghana trip to a scathing upbraiding of Nigeria's irresponsible leadership!
allAfrica.com: Nigeria: Clintonian Branding (http://allafrica.com/stories/200908200781.html - broken link)

At Mama Sarah's compound in Kogelo, Kenya.
Maseno School Group from Nairobi (0:53 - audio):
[principle] "This is Maseno school, all the way from Nairobi. We have come here to see where Pres Obama, USA pres, was born. So we have come because we are proud to be associated with obama, being of kenyan blood like us, so we are happy that we are now at his home… so these students from nairobi are very happy to be here today."
[students] Joann – “bc I want to see where the us president is born and I am here and I am happy.” Michelle – “very proud to be a kenyan, like your president Obama”
Mama Sarah Audio – Musings & Photos (http://www.shannon-jensen.com/blog/?page_id=76 - broken link)

Kenyan born US President, Barack Obama, was able to win the largely white American voters to become the first black president in the history of the United States of America.
2016 Olympics: My brothers vote for me, Obama beg Africans

Kenyan Parliament Official Report
Thursday, March 25th, 2010
If America was living in a situation where they feared ethnicity and did not see itself as a multiparty state or nation, how could a young man born here in Kenya, who is not even a native American, become the president of America?