Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 07:13 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And I still feel that way.

Thank you for your service. You are especially brave to have fought from a Shank. I am impressed.

We've been all over this. I told you I would completely take your word for it. We're covering it again now... why exactly?

I'm certain that your support will mean a lot to him when he is in Leavenworth.

Danger Close is no problem for Ltc Lakin

Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Danger Close is no problem for Ltc Lakin
He no longer needs to worry about that at all.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:29 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
C troop 3/4 Cav 19 June 1969.. some of the KIA's

SGT Carl J. Bieker, Pueblo, CO, medic, HHT 3/4

SGT John H. Priest, Greenville, SC, medic, HHT 3/4

CPT Gary W. Carlson, West Bridgewater, MA (DSC, SS, BSM-V) Cdr C Troop

CPL Stephen D. Van Dyke, Detroit, MI

SP4 Keith W. Larimer, Tulare, CA

You said a flt surgeon should never go to the field. I was TC of a Sheridan 19 June 1969. I burned 4 50 barrels. Depleted my ammunition..main gun, 50, 60, .45, m16, m79 and grenade launcher.

The flt surgeon came to the battleground. The battle began in the morning and ended the next day.

Ltc Lakin was assigned to the 3/4 Cav. We support him.
A very sincere Thank you DC, I hope you are doing well. I support Ltc Lakin too.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:50 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
He no longer needs to worry about that at all.
We had an AO adjusted fires simultaneously from 5 separate arty batteries. Not an easy feat. When he was the troop FO..he liked the fast mover napalm strikes. We knew to throw the smoke as far as we could cause it was coming.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 PM

122 posts, read 104,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Unintended irony????

"Birthers" wouldn't travel all the way to Kenya to dig up someone willing to say Obama was born there?

But a young girl, pregnant with her first baby, would travel to Kenya, a much more arduous journey in 1961, to give birth, and then, because it was of the utmost importance to her, would travel that same arduous journey back to Hawaii to embark on a conspiracy to ensure her infant natural-born status?

Because?
She married a Kenyan national.
If her husband asked her to travel to be presented to his family, how likely is it that she would say no?

I don't think that there was any conspiracy. That young girl's mother simply gave slightly altered information to the local registrar to get a Hawaii birth certificate filed. If she hadn't, her grandchild would not have been a citizen of the US.
US Citizenship was valued.
Why wouldn't that young girl, her husband, and their child want to go home to Hawaii? After all, he needed to finish his schooling.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red red rose View Post
If her husband asked her to travel to be presented to his family, how likely is it that she would say no?

I don't think that there was any conspiracy. That young girl's mother simply gave slightly altered information to the local registrar to get a Hawaii birth certificate filed. If she hadn't, her grandchild would not have been a citizen of the US.
Why wouldn't that young girl, her husband, and their child want to go home to Hawaii? After all, he needed to finish his schooling.
The birth certificate was issued 4 days after Obama's birth. You are saying with a straight face that a mother with a two day old baby would get on a plane in Nairobi and undertake a 35 hour flight to Honolulu to arrive at the vital records office before closing time on August 8. In those days, even in the US, mothers spent 5-7 days in the hospital after delivery.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:03 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
if she had the funds to do it, if she had a passport, if it was a convenient flight/trip, if she had any previous knowledge of kenya, if she wasn't pregnant, if there wasn't a risk of yellow fever, if she didn't require shots ( either coming or going ) then.........

yep. that's a likely scenario.

that is not the situation in this case though.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:17 PM

26,582 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
If she hadn't, her grandchild would not have been a citizen of the US.
in this scenario obama could have easily come back with his mother, lived as a resident alien, then at 18 become a citizen of the US.

it makes no sense to commit fraud ( and risk prosecution ) for something that will be, almost, automatically eventually inevitable.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:44 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:

How likely would Obama Sr., who was already married to another woman back in Kenya---and not divorced from her---want to present another wife to his family back there?

Old 05-25-2010, 07:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:

Why would the young girl's mother lie to get a Hawaiian birth certificate? Did she think that naturalization of the baby was difficult? The baby's mother is an American. The father is studying in the United States. The baby could have easily been naturalized as an American, and in the meantime, there was nothing wrong with having British citizenship. British citizenship was just as valued as American citizenship. Nothing would have stopped that young girl, her husband and their child from returning to the United States (except that it was a long, difficult journey, Hawaii not having an international airport, Kenya having so few connections to other airports, having to climb up and down those mobile staircases to get on the plane with a newborn infant, and a diaper bag, and your purse, and an overnight bag because with four or five international connections and a 24-hour plus journey you're going to need a lot of stuff handy). So why de-fraud the state? Did Mrs Dunham habitually commit fraud?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies