Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you rate President Obama's first year in office?
Success 40 31.50%
Failure 77 60.63%
Don't know 10 7.87%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

Excellent and getting better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 03:07 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
Health care is an important issue.

You know, people must also be healthy enough to work.
Think.

Get real, the majority of voting liberals have generations of welfare families who wont go to work if you took them to work.

Nice try, but we are not going to fall for that one.

Besides, arent you already working without HC as Obama keeps telling us?

GET A JOB and BUY YOUR OWN HC.

It is not my job to buy your HC, food, housing and pay your internet connection.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:12 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Get real, the majority of voting liberals have generations of welfare families who wont go to work if you took them to work.

It is not my job to buy your HC, food, housing and pay your internet connection.
Are you also pissed that you pay for roads you don`t use, pay for schools you don`t attend anymore, pay for the police you might never call etc?

Or are you just pissed in general, cause your posts are always so...angry?

Old 01-13-2010, 03:14 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
Quote:
Health care is an important issue.

You know, people must also be healthy enough to work.
Think.
Quote:
That's why the health care reform will also benefit medicare.
Quote:

Actually, I did not say that Health care would produce jobs.
All I was quoting in my response is that health care is also an important issue, as Obama is making it right now just as he promised. This was in response to "Cyber Queen's" post, listed below, that stated the health-care issue was not important right now.
Please do not try to re-word my posts just to get the last word.
Sure looks like what you are trying to imply. Another liberal try to change the conversation and say what they did not say, even though they did.

Health care, if unpaid for as it appears it will be, is less important than getting people back to work. Period.

Once again, you fail.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:15 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Get real, Sarene, the majority of people on welfare don't even vote or take an interest in national or world politics. Most liberals are educated people who work every bit as hard as you neo-cons.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:52 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Get real, Sarene, the majority of people on welfare don't even vote or take an interest in national or world politics. Most liberals are educated people who work every bit as hard as you neo-cons.
Sanrene? Are they the same person? That would explain a lot, though.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
most of the republicans online and on fox/talk radio: obama is a complete failure. he's tanking!! look, he's failed again!! terrorism!! job market!! economy!!!

democrats in congress: ... (nothing to say. everybody is quiet)

liberals in the media: halfway fight for him.

the ppl: eh...all i know is i don't have a job and i want one. i'm desperate.

what his grade should be: I (incomplete)

he can't get anything done with the dems not doing anything and the republicans saying no to everything. he has no support. seems like those hidden agendas came to the forefront a month after he swore in.
I hear you. Sounds just like you dems did when Bush was in office. Say no to every little thing, scream out "he lied, he played on our fears." Bush was/is an idiot a Hitler, yada yada yada. So why should the republicans behave any differently? Oh, and don't hold your breath waiting for a job.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:08 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why don't you get real? You are absolutely selling the "stupid people" on welfare waaaaay short. It takes a lot of thinkin' to figure out how to do nothing all day and get paid for it. In a serial kind of a way.

Come to my business for a day. The majority of my clientele are welfare recipients, repeat UE recipients, repeat disability recipients (get a job for as long as it takes them to qualify for disability and will either inflict self-injury on themselves or have someone else take a golf club to their shin). They ALL know who is in office. They ALL voted for him based on the color of his skin and his promise (in their minds) to keep them from having to lift one more finger than they already do - he was a shoe-in.

The democratic party not only goes into projects to look for people to hand out "vote for Obama (or liberal of the day up for election)" flyers, the democratic party also hosts party buses on the way to the polling places.

So yeah, they vote. All the time.

Makes no sense? YA THINK?

Old 01-13-2010, 10:14 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Why don't you get real? You are absolutely selling the "stupid people" on welfare waaaaay short. It takes a lot of thinkin' to figure out how to do nothing all day and get paid for it. In a serial kind of a way.

Come to my business for a day. The majority of my clientele are welfare recipients, repeat UE recipients, repeat disability recipients (get a job for as long as it takes them to qualify for disability and will either inflict self-injury on themselves or have someone else take a golf club to their shin). They ALL know who is in office. They ALL voted for him based on the color of his skin and his promise (in their minds) to keep them from having to lift one more finger than they already do - he was a shoe-in.

The democratic party not only goes into projects to look for people to hand out "vote for Obama (or liberal of the day up for election)" flyers, the democratic party also hosts party buses on the way to the polling places.

So yeah, they vote. All the time.

Makes no sense? YA THINK?
If you dont mind me asking, what type of business do you have? I am sincerely curious. That seems cool. I have been considering a business too but don't know where to start in this economy.

And before you say it, YES! Welfare abuses make me very very VERY .

Old 01-13-2010, 10:22 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
I'd give him a solid B+. He's had to deal with a very bad economic situation and a bunch of sore loser Republicans, but he's still done a pretty good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies