Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Who are they protecting, I wonder? And this, from the most transparent administration....evah?

SEC order helps maintain AIG bailout mystery | Reuters

Quote:
NEW YORK, Jan 11 (Reuters) - It could take until November 2018 to get the full story behind the U.S. bailout of insurance giant American International Group (AIG.N) because of an action taken last year by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

In May, the SEC approved a request by AIG to keep secret an exhibit to a year-old regulatory filing that includes some of the details on the most controversial aspect of the AIG bailout: the funneling of tens of billions of dollars to big banks like Societe Generale, Goldman Sachs (GS.N), Deutsche Bank (DBKGn.DE) and Merrill Lynch.
Truly amazing. How can this be allowed to stand?

Geithner’s Fed Told AIG to Limit Swaps Disclosure (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

Quote:
Jan. 7 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York, then led by Timothy Geithner, told American International Group Inc. to withhold details from the public about the bailed-out insurer’s payments to banks during the depths of the financial crisis, e-mails between the company and its regulator show.
Obviously, this is one they are shielding.

SEC Orders AIG Info Sealed Until November... 2018!

SEC Orders AIG Info Sealed Until November... 2018!

This is criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 11:05 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Welcome to the Liberal Movement...

Old 01-13-2010, 11:35 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
LOL! And Barry said this would be the most transparent administration ever! What a freaking joke.

I have long thought that what ever charge the dems were making against republicans, that is exactly what they were doing or were planning on doing.

This furthers proves the point. Barry and the liberals said GWB held too many secret meetings and hid stuff from the American people. Now this.

FYI, the next time you hear a liberal saying something about republicans start looking. I bet you will find the liberals doing exactly what they are denouncing.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:39 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
the SEC is completely useless.

no wonder they wouldn't get madoff even after they were tipped off, with tips starting in 1999! (or enron or stanford, etc.). it should come as no surprise since they failed to adequately supervise either the investment banks or the ratings agencies.......

Old 01-13-2010, 12:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
There's a huge storm brewing. Smaller scandals have taken down politicians. I predict someone's head will eventually roll over this.

As a side note, it has not escaped notice the absence of liberal input on this thread. Transparency is dead, and they know it.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:38 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the SEC is completely useless.

no wonder they wouldn't get madoff even after they were tipped off, with tips starting in 1999! (or enron or stanford, etc.). it should come as no surprise since they failed to adequately supervise either the investment banks or the ratings agencies.......
It really is. Being in the industry in a position where I have to answer regulator inquiries; I will tell you the regulators are completely embarrassed after the exposure of the ponzi schemes.

They are compensating by running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Their inquiries are completely useless and only demonstrate the incompetence that permeates their offices.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:45 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
Absolutely disgusting. The liberals should be outraged by this action to protect the Wall Street/FRBNY scum, yet they claim it's the Republicans who are corrupt? Please.

Timothy Geithner is neck deep in this scandal, as are many other important liberal politcians. They wait until 2018 so as not to shine the Obama administration in a negative light.

Where is the liberal outrage?????

Old 01-13-2010, 02:29 PM

85 posts, read 110,366 times
Where is Saganista to put the usual Marxist spin on this to justify it?

Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM

631 posts, read 720,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
There's a huge storm brewing. Smaller scandals have taken down politicians. I predict someone's head will eventually roll over this.

As a side note, it has not escaped notice the absence of liberal input on this thread. Transparency is dead, and they know it.

I'm a liberal, I'm here. And I have bad news. The SEC is a independent branch. Sorry, try again its not the Lefts fault.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:47 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
this thread has been up for hours, with zero 'progressive' participation.

what gives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies