Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:49 PM

49 posts, read 31,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Oh alright. He was making a joke. Involving 100,000+ lives lost and countless maimed in a horrific natural disaster. Somehow I fail to see the humor. Do you?

Paul Farmer's organization Partners in Health has been doing important work on the ground in Haiti for many years. Please show your appreciation for Rush's razor-sharp wit by donating to earthquake relief here: https://donate.pih.org/page/contribute/haiti_earthquake?source=earthquake&subsource=homepa ge
He is up there (or down there) with the morons who deny / make jokes about the Holocaust. Human garbage, at it's finest.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Classic example of the thought process of the typical Rush listener. They just don't get it.
I'm not a Rush listener, I just went and found a transcrip with the whole conversation in it, and as usual, the media just cut a piece out and went to town with it. I found out a long time ago that while Rush is frequently full of crap, and often wrong, he is no where near as bad as the liberal media makes him out to be. And they get to make him out however they please because they cut little soundbites, play them to their viewers, then tell the viewers how outrageous it is. The viewers can't think for themselves, so they just assume the media's portrayal is correct. Pretty sad, and it appears most of the liberals in this thread so far are the same type, they have their thoughts spoonfed to them by the media and are too lazy to dig into it.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:57 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Yea, I'll be sure to tell my roommate who can't get in touch with his grandmother in Haiti. Real hysterical stuff right there
I don't think Rush was speaking about your roommate. He was making a joke about the blatant double standard the left displays on race, how they swept Harry Reids negro comments under the rug and said it was no big deal at all, with no regard for what other blacks might think about it, particularly dark skinned older blacks who don't care to be called negro.

If you think Rush's comments were about Haiti, you are 100% totally clueless, which wouldn't be surprising.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I don't think Rush was speaking about your roommate. He was making a joke about the blatant double standard the left displays on race, how they swept Harry Reids negro comments under the rug and said it was no big deal at all, with no regard for what other blacks might think about it, particularly dark skinned older blacks who don't care to be called negro.

If you think Rush's comments were about Haiti, you are 100% totally clueless, which wouldn't be surprising.
Yeah, the one where he complained that Obama responded to Haiti faster than he responded to the underwear bomber was absolutely not about Haiti. However would one get that idea?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Here is the pig talking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mdx_...=youtube_gdata

Old 01-13-2010, 07:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
It's nice to see a thread full of liberals who obviously know nothing about Christianity. There is only one (yep, only one) unforgiveable sin in Christianity, and I can assure you it has nothing to do with insensitive comments on a TV or Radio show.

You folks have no idea how ignorant you look commenting on something you know nothing about.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:06 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's nice to see a threadful of liberals who obviously know nothing about Christianity. There is only one unforgiveable sin in Christianity, and I can assure you it has nothing to do with insensitive comments on a TV or Radio show.

You folks have no idea how ignorant you look commenting on something you know nothing about.
Yes only Aero is an expert on Christianity. Yawn.

I'm a recovering Catholic. Went to Catholic School and had a Sister who was a Nun. No doubt that makes me ignorant as to Christianity.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=757RW...eature=related

Old 01-13-2010, 07:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Yes only Aero is an expert on Christianity. Yawn.
Nope, not an expert, but plenty knowledgeable. I know enough to say definitively that comments like "on the Hell Express" for comments made on TV/Radio are about is wrong as it gets.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times

Rush is really showing his true colors on the Haiti tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies