Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should "gay behavior" be criminalized?
Yes 9 8.57%
No 94 89.52%
Maybe 2 1.90%
I'm not sure 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:24 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times

Advertisements

Not sure about this...something tells me that it will only be criminalized for men but not for women. And it would really depend on why it would be criminalized. For instance, ancient Greece actually mandated heterosexual relationships with women at one point because too many of the men had turned gay and werent mating with women, which was obviously leading to a decrease in population...if it were being criminalized for the reasons that Ancient Greece had to criminalize it, well then yes it should be.....but aside from that reason, no...I dont think it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 11:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Not sure about this...something tells me that it will only be criminalized for men but not for women.
It's true that in many countries around the world, female homosexuality is legal but male homosexuality is not.

LGBT rights by country or territory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-02-2010, 11:33 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Agree with Thomas Jefferson..male sodomites should be castrated.
DraggingCanoe, every time I read one of your amazing posts, It reminds me of an episode back when I wasn't much bigger than a Tick. Ten years old, maybe. It was my first official job: although I was still off the books.

I had attached myself to the richest couple in the county: the elderly Bootlegger and his wife. I was fast, and could run around and fetch things...and I would sit on the giant crushed velvet armrest in the back of his black Fleetwood Talisman, when he drove around collecting money from people. I wanted to to use the built-in writing pad in the front armrest, oh so bad, but that was too special for just a snot-nosed little gal like me, so I had a pad to hold, and would count the money after Mr. Vic had counted it, and scribble the amount down with the names, etc... and stash it in the compartment inside the armrest. Keeping books was easy, back then.

Anyway, Mr. Vic's wife wanted a Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Biarritz, and there was one in her color, down in Greenville, Mississippi. And was that thing gorgeous when we finally saw it! Banana yellow, inside and out, with padding on the Landau top that must have been three inches thick! So, Mr. Vic drove all the way over there, and I Massaged his wife's feet some (you should have seen the shag carpet on those footrests!), then would crawl up in front, and read Mr. Vic the totals. I always got those totals right, too.

So, Mrs. Vic and I were sitting patiently at the salesman's desk, while Mr. Vic had the salesman out on the sidewalk, doing a good job of scaring the man into giving us a better deal. But at the next desk, there was some sort of manager, and two salesmen, talking about a man who had come to buy another Cadillac from the salesman whose desk it was. I heard about how the man was just a school teacher, but had been driving Cadillacs for like forever (seemed like forever to me, anyway). "Well, you know, he's never married. And personally, I think he's one of those Milquetoast Males." The speaker was the salesman who was about to sell the man a Cadillac. But it sounded like some old woman talking.

I noticed a subtle change in Mrs. Vic's expression, when those words came out. It was like when her husband had decided to do something about someone, and it was eating her up, but she knew to keep quiet. So I knew it was a really bad thing the salesman had said, and I looked over at him. He was so scrawny and old and pitiful...and kind of womanly, but not in a good way. So I stretched up, and whispered a question into Mrs. Vic's ear, and she whispered to me what Milquetoast meant.

And I looked over at that salesman, and thought he must be one of those, too. I didn't know the words, or even the concepts, for what was going on. But I knew it was dirty, what that salesman was doing. Then, the customer came in. I wanted to tell him what had just been said about him. But I needed that job, and needed to eat regular, and didn't want to screw up Mr. Vic's deal and get fired. So, I kept quiet. And I still regret it.

Why do you think your posts remind me of that moment, DraggingCanoe?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:37 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Criminalizing gay behavior is for dictatorial governments that have no human rights code. Consenting adults' choices of activities are no business of the government; save when they harm a non-consenting individual. It amazes me that those against the human rights of consenting adults usually call themselves conservatives. I guess they're only anti-government when it would hurt themselves. Real conservatives please stand up.

By the way, it sickens me that some people voted yes to criminalize 'gay behavior'. Would they be happy to enact Shariah law? Stone the gays to death? What would be the punishment? What do they think the government should have the right to do to people just for consenting to "gay behavior"?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 PM

768 posts, read 942,943 times
A very effeminate older gentlemen named "Aubrey" has issues with gay men.

We've never seen how stuff like this ends before...

Old 02-03-2010, 12:36 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Maybe you should be swept into an insane asylum.
Bigotry is clearly a mental illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Some gay behavior should be swept into an insane asylum. They're mentally ill, but that behavior isn't criminal unless it interferes with someone who does not consent to engaging in that behavior.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
What exactly is "gay behavior". Is he talking solely sex or how a gay person has awesome decorating skills? I am being sarcastic, the man is a moron. I could care less what gays, straights green, blue, or purple do in their bedroom, so long as it is adults and they consent, have at it.

I know, criminal behavior, come on now. I have to laugh, yes you are right, my gay friends, are marvelous at decorating, and rearanging furniture, just love that about them, and let me tell ya they have some darn good taste. Hey as long as they keep it in the bedroom, no one should have a problem with it.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:02 AM

11,256 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Gay behavior criminalized - NO

Gay marriage legalized - NO

What people want to do behind their own closed doors is their own RIGHT. That goes for sex as well as drug use.

In the same respect, traditional marriage is between a man and a woman.

If you want to indulge in sins of the flesh, go ahead. But please, do not interrupt the laws regarding traditional values in the process.

Last edited by ditchlights; 02-03-2010 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: Political correctness

Old 02-03-2010, 01:08 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
In the same respect, traditional marriage is between a man and a woman.
Without quoting any religious sources, who said traditional marriage is between a man and a woman?

Sure the pieces fit together, but so does the front and back man bits

Old 02-03-2010, 01:16 AM

11,256 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Without quoting any religious sources, who said traditional marriage is between a man and a woman?

Sure the pieces fit together, but so does the front and back man bits
The course of history did. It is why a man has a penis and a woman has a vagina. Sex was designed for the purpose of procreation.

If you want to play outside of the normal boundaries, by all means, go ahead. But don't expect the world to conform to those standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies