Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
CSG

201 posts, read 383,212 times

Advertisements

Hopefully, we'll start hearing less from the lapdog MSM and the Obamaites how brilliant and what a wonderful public speaker he is because he isn't. His gaffes are showing the world what a buffoon some of you elected. This is why so many of us were so against the idea of affirmative action; it elevates people into positions they are ill suited for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 09:06 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Funny how the liberal media ripped Bush a new azz because he didnt speak "proper" but this DOPE of a Pres. cant even say Corpsman right and will get a free pass.
Remember Dan Quail, they killed him for his spelling
potato, potatoe

Okay with the one sided dems

Old 02-06-2010, 12:08 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,300,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
Remember Dan Quail, they killed him for his spelling
potato, potatoe

Okay with the one sided dems
Potatoes are not prepared to go into battle and assess the wounded.

3 times, he said it 3 times.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:31 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,917 times
Unless you use a word like "corpsman" in your every day life, you are not likely to know it's pronunciation.

Only in the English language would we spell a word so completely different than it is pronounced.

When I first read this thread title, I said to myself "corps - man".

I rarely ever see the word myself.

Then after looking at it a bit more, I realized it was "core-man".

Like someone previously said, Obama wasn't in the military, so he likely did not see that word written much in his past.

And now as Commander in Chief, he probably doesn't see it written that often either, since he deals mostly with higher ranking officers.

And who knows how often it comes up when he visits troops?

Obama's mis-pronunciation is nothing compared to the typical Bush vocabulary where he used made up words, like "mis-underestimated".

Old 02-06-2010, 12:36 AM
CSG

It's interesting that so many leftist and rabid Obama supporters come from a completely failed state - California. Is this what we have to look forward to for the whole country with the bright minds or the electorate that have elected the loony local, state, and federal representatives and then lecture us on Obama's brilliance?

Old 02-06-2010, 12:48 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG View Post
It's interesting that so many leftist and rabid Obama supporters come from a completely failed state - California. Is this what we have to look forward to for the whole country with the bright minds or the electorate that have elected the loony local, state, and federal representatives and then lecture us on Obama's brilliance?
And who has been governor of California for the past 6 years? A Republican.

But please feel free to make assumptions about Californians as you wish.

Also keep in mind that California was hit the hardest hit state from a global-wide recession whose origins began while Republicans were running the country !!!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:54 AM
CSG

Again, the purse strings are controlled by the legislature in California and Arnold is hardly representative of a republican in any event. Take your blinders off. I lived in California for over 35 years and watched a steady decline starting during the "free speech" movement in Berkeley. I was involved in law enforcement and finance . You just have no credibility with your comments as you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. But don't let that stop you from embarrassing yourself on a public forum.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:37 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,300,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Unless you use a word like "corpsman" in your every day life, you are not likely to know it's pronunciation.

Only in the English language would we spell a word so completely different than it is pronounced.

Like someone previously said, Obama wasn't in the military, so he likely did not see that word written much in his past.

And now as Commander in Chief, he probably doesn't see it written that often either, since he deals mostly with higher ranking officers.

Obama's mis-pronunciation is nothing compared to the typical Bush vocabulary where he used made up words, like "mis-underestimated".

Obama "knew" he was going to speak at the prayer breakfast and honor mention the Navy Corpsman.

Didn't he know?

So now he's incompetent when specifically referring to military rank?

Not once - not twice - three times.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:25 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
Quote:

seriously? You've never seen a war movie either? are you also just now noticing that the English we speak in the U.S. is the most difficult language in the world to learn? I guess this means the guy also had a hella hard time learning how to count to ten? I mean those words are nearly impossible to figure out...
Quote:
And who has been governor of California for the past 6 years? A Republican.

But please feel free to make assumptions about Californians as you wish.

Also keep in mind that California was hit the hardest hit state from a global-wide recession whose origins began while Republicans were running the country !!!
hit hardest because of their own stupidity and greed. Nobody, except a PRC resident, feels sorry for california. You reap what you sew and that's sew as in so, not sue. That was another über (pronounced oober for the linguistically challenged PRC residents) complicated one there...

when will people learn that making excuses for others actually brings both down to the same level?

Old 02-06-2010, 05:44 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
My God, even Bush was able to pronounce corpsman.

YUP! He led us down a cherry-picked intelligence path of lies and half truths into a costly, unnecessary war of choice but by golly he could pronounce some words correctly. WHAT a guy! THIS is now the #1 priority of the NeoConfused when choosing a candidate, make absolutely sure the empty promises and fear-mongering rhetoric can be pronounced correctly!

I'm guessing the market had a shortage of full length straws today?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies