Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 12:11 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You left leaners really believe that bit of crap. Don't you?
Huh? The first time she opened her mouth it was obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 12:17 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She's pounding obama real good.

All the cable channels are covering it AND CSpan!

No teleprompter needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Yeah...

Palin's never used a teleprompter.
sanrene surrenders

Old 02-07-2010, 12:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
Sarah Palin has two speeds, one where she is on the attack and one where she is playing the victim. It is good to get a crowd worked up, but not much for an actual leadership position.
Are you trying to say that Obama didn't do just what you say about working up a crowd with rhetoric? Why yes he did just that as was obvious at all the young female voices that cheered him at all his work them up campaign speeches.

I don't think you know a lot about politics and what they use speeches for. Do you not remember the Keynote speech at the 2004 Democrat National Convention that was made by a not so well known, young party member. Like all keynote speeches it was meant to work the people up and now you tell us that Palin, hired to do just that, was doing something dishonest.

Why don't you look up some of the better know political meeting keynotes speech of the past and see what they were intended to do?

Old 02-07-2010, 12:20 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,404,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Actually it had more to do with McCain's inept campaign in general. But she was the icing on the cake, yes.

If McCain can choose her to be a heartbeat awy from the Presidency, what does that say about his judgement.
I agree. I think the fact that McCain was older and had some health issues and Palin would be next in line scared too many people.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:24 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

In the words of other NeoConfused misleadership: BRING IT ON!

Old 02-07-2010, 12:25 PM

Bob, you didn't take some liberties with your post by highlighting the word the that was never capitalized and therefore was inserted by somebody because to say the term without the modifier the would sound silly. Yes, I do believe that you misread if you read at all.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:28 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She's pounding obama real good.

Like a marshmallow on a railroad spike......................................

Then again, her following frequently chooses sound bites over substance, no thought required.

2,404 posts, read 4,404,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you trying to say that Obama didn't do just what you say about working up a crowd with rhetoric? Why yes he did just that as was obvious at all the young female voices that cheered him at all his work them up campaign speeches.

I don't think you know a lot about politics and what they use speeches for. Do you not remember the Keynote speech at the 2004 Democrat National Convention that was made by a not so well known, young party member. Like all keynote speeches it was meant to work the people up and now you tell us that Palin, hired to do just that, was doing something dishonest.

Why don't you look up some of the better know political meeting keynotes speech of the past and see what they were intended to do?
I did not say the speeches were unimportant in politics or that Obama was not a good speaker. I believe he is one of the most eloquent speakers I've heard in politics. I personally don't think that Palin has a lot to offer beyond her speeches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The abbreviation of neo-con is no different than your continued use of the abbreviation of progs. Why are you throwing stones when you live in a glass house?
When Glenn Beck started talking about progressives last week, I stopped the use of prog and started calling the farthest left of the lefties progressives to denote that I see them as being like Wilson and Roosevelt in their left leaning. I have gone to calling Dems who are sucked into thinking that the far left hasn't taken their party away from just Dems or left leaners. You haven't been reading me the past week or so, I see.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Actually it had more to do with McCain's inept campaign in general. But she was the icing on the cake, yes.

If McCain can choose her to be a heartbeat awy from the Presidency, what does that say about his judgement.
I hate to be seen as being as stupid as a RINO like McCain, but I did, in fact, vote for Sarah and that white haired guy who ran with him. I just couldn't vote for their competitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies