Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 06:02 PM

622 posts, read 1,666,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I'd be okay with lowering taxes for small businesses.
I have no sympathy for behemoth corporations.

Another thing that would help out small businesses is universal health care....another thing I'm for.
No thanks.. I dont want the govt being in control of my health care, thanks.. Right now, we pay for our employees' health coverage.. 100% through blue cross blue shield. Cant get much better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 06:10 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,240,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
It has been proven that when you lower taxes on successful people with money that the government collects more money.

Rich successful people invest in things such as jobs and other items that put more money into the system.

Tax them to death and you will see the money going into the system going down.

Not a smart thing to do.

47% of losers in America pay ZERO money into the system. This is wrong!

How about going after them as I believe every single person 18 or older who can pass a physical should be paying into the system every single week. Even if you make 7.00 phr you need to be paying YOUR FAIR SHARE.
LMAO! Yeah, we just tried that for 8 years and the economy is flying high, the middle class is doing great.... oh, wait. That was the '90s when Bill Clinton raised taxes on the rich. I guess facts and proof just don't work on you righties. Or maybe you're paid to post BS all over the Internet by rich fat cats who don't want to pay taxes.

When you lower taxes on the rich, the rich put it in the bank and get richer. I think that's quite apparent by now.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:11 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
Question: how many of you have ever had a poor person offer you a job?

Old 02-13-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaMaria View Post
No thanks.. I dont want the govt being in control of my health care, thanks.. Right now, we pay for our employees' health coverage.. 100% through blue cross blue shield. Cant get much better than that.
Then I assume you'll refuse Medicaid and SS when you retire??? Don't want that darn government all up in your personal finances, do you?

We have United Healthcare and they SUCK with a capital SUCK! Our kids had to spend about an hour in the emergency room and we ended up paying close to $2K OUT OF POCKET! What's the point of insurance? We literally spend thousands per year out of pocket. This has got to stop.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Question: how many of you have ever had a poor person offer you a job?
Here's what you people don't get. Yes, we need rich people. I certainly think my CEO deserves much more pay than I do. HOWEVER, since the '60s, CEOs keep making more and more. How much is too much? I think we can see now that the ultra rich have succeeded in robbing the lower and middle classes to support their greed. I'm not going to google the statistic on how the average CEO makes 300 times his lowest paid workers compared to something like 30 times more in the '60s.

No one's arguing that the rich shouldn't be rich. The argument is over how their greed is sucking the life out of the middle class. Apparently for some people, there is no limit to how much money they think they deserve.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:22 PM

So if CEO's make too much, why do you want to smack the vast pool of those among us who are most valuable to the rest of us--the professionals, the successful business people in your community, the hard working? $250k is NOT $36 million! The Charlie Rangels of the world talk about obscene CEO salaries and then tax the heck out of people who make 1% of the obscene salary. Face it--there are only 500 CEO's of Fortune 500 companies. This is a smokescreen to cover up the plunder of hard workers to benefit the shiftless.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:24 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
That stupid stuff is going nowhere and he knows it which is why he proposes this non sense. I am sure as hell not going to pay 8% more in a Federal sales tax.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
So if CEO's make too much, why do you want to smack the vast pool of those among us who are most valuable to the rest of us--the professionals, the successful business people in your community, the hard working? $250k is NOT $36 million! The Charlie Rangels of the world talk about obscene CEO salaries and then tax the heck out of people who make 1% of the obscene salary. Face it--there are only 500 CEO's of Fortune 500 companies. This is a smokescreen to cover up the plunder of hard workers to benefit the shiftless.

If you're making $250K, you're plenty well off, unless you're trying to buy a condo on the Upper East Side overlooking Central Park. Our household income is around $150K and we're living quite well in a half million dollar house. If we're fortunate enough to bump up to $250K, I have no problem kicking in more tax money. I think at $150K we're already in the top 15% of wage earners in the U.S.

What's alarming is how many families live off well under $50K in this country. Look at how many jobs require degrees, yet want to pay $30 - $40K. Then look at what that money gets you these days. Not much.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:33 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The rich are already paying I believe 85% or higher of ALL TAXES collected.

What more do you want from them?

By the way, there are MANY reasons to support the republicans.

As is there are multi-millions of reason not to support liberals ( the party of no values ), there are millions of reason to follow the conservative republicans.

Start with personal responsibility and work your way from there. Its the republicans who support that YOU are personally responsible for yourself and not suck off the government like the other party believes you should.
I don't suck off the government. The government sucks off me. But before you start trying to cut Social Security, why not cut a few things Republicans say we can't live without?

The Associated Press: Latest plan to cut farm subsidies likely dead

Area lawmakers trying to save C-17 transport planes | recordonline.com

US senators press Pentagon on Lockheed F-22 fighter | Reuters

Old 02-13-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
If you're making $250K, you're plenty well off, unless you're trying to buy a condo on the Upper East Side overlooking Central Park. Our household income is around $150K and we're living quite well in a half million dollar house. If we're fortunate enough to bump up to $250K, I have no problem kicking in more tax money. I think at $150K we're already in the top 15% of wage earners in the U.S.

What's alarming is how many families live off well under $50K in this country. Look at how many jobs require degrees, yet want to pay $30 - $40K. Then look at what that money gets you these days. Not much.
In a free market, the cost of everything including labor pretty much goes for what it is worth. What is alarming is that there are so many people who are worth so little to the rest of us. The political issue should be how to motivate people to unlock a higher fraction of their own potential, and how to improve that potential. Tolerating a dysfunctional education system by bowing down to the teachers unions, and raising marginal tax rates, are two steps that make the underlying problem worse.

Our incomes are about the same, but I'd rather invest additional income into my business than send it off to the big black hole that is the federal budget, and the little black hole that is the state budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies