Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:51 PM

203 posts, read 162,937 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if President Bush has decided to become a Liberal or has he always been one? I am trying to think of one conservative thing he has done for this country and I cannot. Heck, it was even Hillary who gave a speech demanding we go to war in Iraq, because she felt Iraq was a threat based on her own seperate sources.

Now the President wants to pass this insane amnesty bill and says anyone who oposses it is anti-American. I submit now that President Bush may possibly have been a Liberal from the beginning and has been working with left in an effort to destroy the Republican party.

Will the real conservatives please stand up and fight for our country, before it is too late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 07:59 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
I am wondering if President Bush has decided to become a Liberal or has he always been one? I am trying to think of one conservative thing he has done for this country and I cannot. Heck, it was even Hillary who gave a speech demanding we go to war in Iraq, because she felt Iraq was a threat based on her own seperate sources.

Now the President wants to pass this insane amnesty bill and says anyone who oposses it is anti-American. I submit now that President Bush may possibly have been a Liberal from the beginning and has been working with left in an effort to destroy the Republican party.

Will the real conservatives please stand up and fight for our country, before it is too late.
El Presidente Bush and his dad;
Have been the worst traitors in American History...

Old 05-29-2007, 08:00 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:

President Bush never was a principled conservative, he has conservative tendencies and is fairly conservative on some issues. But he has appointed, it appears, two very conservative supreme court justices, and for that we can and should be gratefull!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 PM

923 posts, read 3,512,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
President Bush never was a principled conservative, he has conservative tendencies and is fairly conservative on some issues. But he has appointed, it appears, two very conservative supreme court justices, and for that we can and should be gratefull!
Grateful for that while we are overrun by Mexican Peasants...

Old 05-29-2007, 08:10 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
Not sure what the major issue with Sr, but Jr seems to have been a disaster..... Can't argue that.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:09 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Proof that labels mean nothing. The Republicrats and the Demopublicans are one and the same, as they have been for many years now. Expect the next few years to be completely confusing as ideologies and divisions become blurred. Eventually, when the truth hits the fan, our country will be in ruins and our borders will be relocated and made of barbed wire.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:18 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,757 times
Quote:

Oh no you don't I speak for the liberals when I say: You keep him, he is all yours

Old 05-29-2007, 09:21 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
No I disagree, not the worst in US history, maybe worst in world history.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:18 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,771 times
Default Well, I think this is the correct thread.

Bush slipping his leashes and moving toward the center is not a bad thing, Southpoint. Or are you satisfied with virtually half the population being ignored while the other gets its way depending on the issue? Bush, at this point, cannot possibly be a uniter as Presidents should be, but he can at least be less of a divider.

Here’s another question that might make a good thread: Are people in discussions giving too much responsibility for policies to the President that don’t really belong? Is that why it appears so many people believe that the President runs the country? I don’t think our founders intended it to be that way; are we really there?

Yep, Bush is responsible for many bad things that have happened to America, his watch has been tragic, but what items might those be that he had complete control over? Why are we not giving a lot more blame to corporatists improperly involved with elected and appointed officials? And what about a House and Senate controlled by Republicans since 1994? And what about a Supreme Court that can acknowledge that a law leans a political direction and then not strike it down and tell the legislature to go back and get it right? Talk about bad behavior in Justice! Are the derogatory comments about Clinton, Bush, Carter, any of them, really meant to apply to the whole bunch of supposed governmental miscreants responsible, but it’s much simpler to refer to the President as a conversational simplification device? Is it proper to do that?

The way your comments/questions are phrased in your post made this come to mind, Southpoint. And then the thread about Hillary Clinton being trusted as President. And then the fact that I don’t have any clue as to your definition of liberal and conservative.

Maybe the original post was tongue-in-cheek.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:37 PM

90 posts, read 264,595 times
you can't turn to the dark side when you are from the dark side
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies