Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do we work too much?
Yes, a 21 hour work week would make everyone better off 21 19.81%
No, we must work 40 hours a week to maintain this standard of living 31 29.25%
Neutral 8 7.55%
A 30 hour work week sounds more reasonable 46 43.40%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 AM

631 posts, read 1,290,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
This idiot doesn't propose how to meet our bills on less money, talk about stress. If this moronic idea ever came about I'm sure employers everywhere would figure out how to cram even more work into less hours via that wonderful crock of zhit called "multi tasking". I'm sure that was brainstorm of the left wing brainiacs. These idiots must sit around and think of ways to screw peoples lives up even more. Don't they have anything better to do???
And if the right would let us invest in renewable energy and solar/wind/water power we could do away with bills altogether! It's an investment, yes, but a worthwhile one.

Not to say that the left could solve all the worlds problems and create a utopia but your way of thinking can go both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 11:18 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
And if the right would let us invest in renewable energy and solar/wind/water power we could do away with bills altogether! It's an investment, yes, but a worthwhile one.
Not to say that the left could solve all the worlds problems and create a utopia but your way of thinking goes both ways.

Who exactly is stopping you from investing in those things? This country always needs new companies. VCs and Angels would love to invest in renewable technologies right now.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Who exactly is stopping you from investing in those things? This country always needs new companies. VCs and Angels would love to invest in renewable technologies right now.
I don't have the money to invest in those things, or anything for that matter. I'm still in school. My post was a bit facetious as I was just responding to something another person had said, go back and read the whole thread.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:24 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,280,191 times
Quote:

Not to say that the left could solve all the worlds problems and create a utopia but your way of thinking can go both ways.
Don't worry, when you get older, you will realize what a crock the left wing ideology is.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Don't worry, when you get older, you will realize what a crock the left wing ideology is.
I haven't heard that before

Old 02-15-2010, 11:26 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,049 times
Quote:
When you get a little more experience in the real world you'll learn that if something WORKS, someone will put money into it. If a product or program works, someone will figure out how to make money off of it.

When the government needs to step in and fund things, because businessmen and women with common sense see it as a failure, it's a failure.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
When you get a little more experience in the real world you'll learn that if something WORKS, someone will put money into it. If a product or program works, someone will figure out how to make money off of it.

When the government needs to step in and fund things, because businessmen and women with common sense see it as a failure, it's a failure.
I fully understand that. But should we just let these businesses push everyone around like cattle or should we fight for our constitutional AND human right to enjoy life (pursuit of happiness). Maybe we just have different outlooks on life.

And so you're saying that schools, the police, firemen, post office, medicare/medicaid, social security, overtime laws, etc were all failures?? Sorry but not everything the government does is a complete failure. If government wasn't necessary, we wouldn't have it.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
I don't have the money to invest in those things, or anything for that matter. I'm still in school. My post was a bit facetious as I was just responding to something another person had said, go back and read the whole thread.

I undersand your point, and I have read the thread. I think you missed MY point, however. You spoke as if someone else should do the work to make alternative energy feasable. I was just suggesting that if you feel strongly about that you should do something about it yourself. Also, do you know what a VC or Angel is? You don't need money to accomplish something like what you suggested. I can tell you are still in school too

Old 02-15-2010, 11:39 AM

Another thing, in the 50s one working parent was enough to support an entire family. What happened?? Maybe we could use a little more government intervention in our lives.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I undersand your point, and I have read the thread. I think you missed MY point, however. You spoke as if someone else should do the work to make alternative energy feasable. I was just suggesting that if you feel strongly about that you should do something about it yourself. Also, do you know what a VC or Angel is? You don't need money to accomplish something like what you suggested.
Actually I was suggesting that the government should invest in those things, so maybe you missed MY point.

And no I didn't know what vc angel was but a simple google search fixed that.

And do you even remember what I suggested (let me say again that I was being facetious)? Well, I suggested entirely getting rid of energy bills by investing in renewable resources and solar/wind/hydro power - so how exactly would one not need money to accomplish that end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies