Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,817 times

Advertisements

I'm all for people having opinions. Both with and against what I believe in.
However, I never understood how someone could be so passionate in something so negative. AKA "hating" on homosexuals. I can't imagine why? What goes through their heads that make them care so much to disagree and hate so much?

I mean, if you're gay that's your business. Why do other people care what you are and what you wish to do? I love theories that "If a teacher is gay, they are going to teach about gay sex". Yes. That always happens! Whenever I am around people I can't wait to teach them how to deep throat! I never talk about ANYTHING else instead of sex---GAY sex! not even just SEX! It has to be about dirty gay sex!

Amazing.
Well, whatever. Eventually most of these hateful dinosaurs will die and gays will be treated like people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 09:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
I'm all for people having opinions. Both with and against what I believe in.
However, I never understood how someone could be so passionate in something so negative. AKA "hating" on homosexuals. I can't imagine why? What goes through their heads that make them care so much to disagree and hate so much?

I mean, if you're gay that's your business. Why do other people care what you are and what you wish to do? I love theories that "If a teacher is gay, they are going to teach about gay sex". Yes. That always happens! Whenever I am around people I can't wait to teach them how to deep throat! I never talk about ANYTHING else instead of sex---GAY sex! not even just SEX! It has to be about dirty gay sex!

Amazing.
Well, whatever. Eventually most of these hateful dinosaurs will die and gays will be treated like people.
It's okay. Even homophobes have their use: They produce homosexual offspring just as easily as non-homophobic heterosexuals.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:46 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Gays should leave all the children alone instead of educating them on unnatural acts.
1) Gays aren't doing the teaching. Teachers are simply informing: "this exists".
2) It's the straights who should be leaving the children alone, they're more likely to pose a threat.
2a) Children should be protected from things that pose a real danger.
2b) Children should be empowered to protect themselves from real danger.
3) Practically everything human beings do today amounts to an unnatural act. We exited the natural world long ago.
4) Homosexuality occurs in nature. Some animals eat their mates or offspring. Should these be allowed while homosexuality is not?

My view is that bringing up the subject of homosexuality, its occurrence in society, and how it's viewed in the world is a tough one, and even as a gay person myself, I think it's something that should be brought up at the appropriate age OR when the child becomes inquisitive enough to ask about it themselves OR when they express bigotry towards this or any other minority. In short, there can be no stated curriculum. It is, like most things in life, something that simply will be bumped into and reacted to. Hopefully, those educating the children will inform them with care and love, will dispel ignorance and stereotypes, and will be supported in this effort by the larger community.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:19 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
This might help shed some light for some of you, I understand of course that some of you could not dare to read it and will automatically prejudge.......................Amazon.com: Healing The Masculine Soul (9780849932571): Gordon Dalbey: Books
Are you male, heterosexual, married and religious?

Then you fit the profile of the vast majority of child molestors.

Our children need to be protected from people like you.

Just sayin'

Old 02-25-2010, 06:25 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
homos is an abbreviation, like hetero's and many others, thats not really that hard to understand is it , or would you like to go ahead give a dissertation on how it is code for hate
No, just go ahead and tell me that you haven't heard "homo" used as a derogatory term for homosexual people all your life. Then I'll call you a liar, because there is no way that you don't know what you're doing when you say it.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:35 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Let the hater's spout their nonsense; all data supports that the majority of the younger generation (30 and under) support gay rights, have no problem with gay marriage, gays serving openly in the military, etc. The hater's can continue to spout their distorted views but it's only a matter of time before gay, lesbian and transgendered Americans have full and equal rights and protections afforded all other citizens. Time is on the side of justice and fairness.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:21 AM

23 posts, read 32,499 times
The one common thread I see running through this thread is polarity; not much middle ground on this topic and I guess that should be expected. Human sexuality is a topic about which even "experts", many of whom have devoted the full measure of their adult lives studying, have disparate views. Then throw in "religion" (quoted because I believe the word is so misapplied) and human rights and rubber duckies . . . well you get the idea, eh?

Hating someone is never "right" nor civilized even if one may have "the right" to hate someone else or their conduct. Yes that's two separate topics but I'm a professional digresser (not to mention amateur word maker-upper). For better or worse I have a rather unique perspective on most of the subjects being discussed.

I am a bisexual man, happily married to a wonderful woman, and I profess Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Saviour. But "Christianity" isn't my "religion". I don't really have a religion label. I have my personal spiritual beliefs and gave up years ago trying to find a "group of believers" that interpret all things spiritual, the same way as I.

I also happen to have conservative values from a societal standpoint and I believe the "ills" we're seeing manifested in our society can be attributed directly to the lack of a moral compass. Yes I know that's a buzz phrase but it really sums up a lot of things. When groups of people want to elevate themselves above other or even all other groups it quickly deteriorates into societal mayhem.

At the core of human interaction is ego, whether or not it's admitted by a person or group of persons. I use ego in the sense of id not image (or delusion). So being driven by this id thing usually renders most of us incapable of truly i.e. "honestly", seeing more than our own desires or even needs.

A good argument could be made that I'm a very confused man, looking from the outside. But from my view all this bickering about who should be allowed to get married and who shouldn't is all just a big bunch of hoopla. If gay men are truly concerned about the bond of marriage itself they don't need the state to be involved. In fact the state has no place in a union between two people. Whether or not they believe God, or their god/s acknowledge their union is their business not ours.

If on the other hand gay men want their marriage to be acknowledged for taxing/insurance/credit etc. purposes who can blame them? Personally I don't agree with gay marriage in any sense but I understand why they might want the official seal of approval for all the reasons mentioned, and others not mentioned.

When they (or any group of like-minded's) march in the streets with the militant (yeah I know another buzz word) attitudes and conduct raising their collective fists and spewing hate and profanity, that to me just hurts their cause more than anything. But it wouldn't do me any good to lob insults at them even then, and certainly wouldn't do me any good to hate them back. In fact hatred for any reason harms the hater, and often when manifested that hatred usually hurts others most of whom are unintended victims, and always undeserving of that wrath; who wants to cast the first stone?

Societies change and that's an inexorable force that can't be stopped. Ours is certainly morphing into something that even 50 years ago would seem unthinkable. From my study of the historical nature of this country's (and culture) founding, there's no doubt at least in my little tiny brain, our society was based upon the writings of the majority of the founders whom openly expressed Judaeo–Christian beliefs. But we see those tenets of our society being removed by a minority of groups (I believe it is clear that a vast majority of Americans do not want to remove school prayer, and God from our society) who have used our very system of liberty and freedoms "against us" in the sense they have achieved (and are achieving) the change/s in society they seek.

Did I mention I'm also ADHD? This is an asset inasmuch as I can type/talk in circles for hours on end without ever finishing a single point, and not give a rat's ass if I do or not.

I think my point, at some point, was going to be that there's no point in trying to force your point on anyone else unless you realize it does nothing other than to allow you to vent. Like this post.

And finally, not that anyone cares to know, but for the handful of homophobes who've posted their hate in this thread and who may determine to verbally eviscerate me, I am happily married to the woman of my dreams and haven't been with a man since February of 1985 - but not because I don't want to on occasion! Does that mean I am "less evil" in your eyes than a practicing gay man?

Old 04-17-2010, 08:23 AM

23 posts, read 32,499 times
I don't check in very often but . . . . it look's like I killed this thread!

Nah, I think that we all just ran out of things to say.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:32 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Listen up, as the left keeps trying to cram their distorted warped views down our throats they are just pulling that pendulum farther and farther to the left, so when it swings back it is going to swing hard and fast, so keep it up.......................

Hold on, let me read your post again...

...yep...I thought so.

LMAO!

Pull it to the left. Swing it to the right. Hard and and fast. Cram it down your throat.

Nice to see you come out of the closet.

(j/k Be careful with your choice of words.)

Old 04-17-2010, 08:34 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
I was gonna ask how this thread was still open? Some of the remarks written by posters (by which I'm am not surprised at all) are disgusting, totally unAmerican, hell even unChristian.

Their world is marked by narrowmindedness and bigotry. One day they will wake up in a world in which they are no longer welcome.

Protecting gay individuals is just like protecting African Americans with civil rights. It needs to be done because certain people, some of whom are members here, wouldn't give a sinlge right except to straight WASP's. They are both civil rights issues.

If there was no hate there would be no anti-discrimination laws, now would there be?

Religious Conservatives would have a much funner time in Iran or Saudi Arabia, so maybe they should move, and let those of us with a level head and an ounce of intelligence and common sense govern and live here in peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies