Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 05:52 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,149,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I like everbody princess until they **** me off by acting special.
Don't use derogatory terms with me, professor.

You only prove the very bigotry and discrimination that's out there. The world is changing, and dragging you (and your knuckles, apparently) along with it.

I don't know where or how you were raised where you think its appropriate to call other people names because their lifestyle is different than yours.

It's very low class. Luckily in the circles I run in (enlightened, educated, progressive, community focused professionals) I don't run in to the likes of you much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 05:52 PM

10,835 posts, read 14,947,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
Don't take away people's GOD given right to HATE!
Amen to that!

Old 02-23-2010, 05:53 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,871,220 times
Quote:
I'm a heterosexual.
In your own words, why do gays need special accommodations/legislation?
For the same reason other minorities do. ohh wait. You're a supporter of slavery??? Sorry, then you won't understand.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I took my children out of the schools to get them away from the rabid intention by these people to convince chikdren that abnormal behavior is acceptable. I didn't send my children to school to learn about everybody's sexual preferance. It has no place in the schools.
That's right. Abnormal behavoior is not acceptable. It's time for you right wingers to realize what you are. Once you realize where your problem lies you can fight it. Again, I'm very sorry, but slavery and the age of hate are OVER.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:59 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,530,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Gays should leave all the children alone instead of educating them on unnatural acts.
Being gay is natural for many people. Forcing them into having sex with a member of the opposite sex is sick and perverse. The next thing you know, homophobes will be watching on tape their children having sex with members of the opposite sex to make them feel good about their children.

Rather than be so hung up on sex, homophobes should try, just try, to focus on love. That if two people of the same sex love each other that it is a good thing for themselves and society. That is unless the homophobes what a society like Iran. But the homophobes, like the leaders of Iran, thrive on hate and oppression.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:59 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,320,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
For the same reason other minorities do. ohh wait. You're a supporter of slavery??? Sorry, then you won't understand.
I have yet to make a derogatory comment about anyone's lifestyle choice and I am opposed to the legislation because it promotes favoritism!
Who knew I'd be the tolerant one promoting equality on this thread?

The irrational, militant, intolerant gays ruin it for the rest.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:02 PM

3,582 posts, read 3,087,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Look, the term "sexual orientation" is akin to the term "climate change". It all boils down to nonsense and we ought not be making laws, to punish, shame and persecute any one who believes so. Remember the battle cry? (Keep politics out of our bedroom). Will do..... as long as you keep your perverted sexual agenda away from the classroom and innocent children.
So, then, you do not believe that such a thing as "sexual orientation" exists? Most people are only drawn to the opposite sex, but apparently there are some who are not. If, as you believe there is no such thing as sexual orientation, do you refer to yourself as asexual or bisexual - or, as I advocated earlier, you can tell me it is none of my business.

And, by the way, I have no agenda other than resolve to call out idiocy, intolerance and hypocrisy whenever I see it.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I have yet to make a derogatory comment about anyone's lifestyle choice and I am opposed to the legislation because it promotes favoritism!

Great description of yourself. Now tackle your issues.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:11 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,716,145 times
Quote:

I'm sure on some level, once you get out of the spin zone, you realize that when a segment of society is institutionally discriminated against, it requires institutional changes to provide them the equality you seem so eager to tout.

Women were institutionally discriminated against - in the work place, in government, in the military, etc...

Blacks were institutionally discriminated against.

Homosexuals are still, but not for long. Love, like God, always prevails. Join us.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:14 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,096,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Great! So if only exposed to your obviously bigoted views, your children will adopt the same narrow perspective.

I hope you can protect them from the real world as adults... There are all sorts of people out there. Many will do things you disagree with. I hope they can sort it out on their own instead of just hating everyone whose different and passing judgement on their lifestyle.

It has nothing to do with hate but good judgment. There are a lot of drug users out there too and I tell my children to stay away from people like that or people of low charater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies