Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2010, 10:44 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,123,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post

Yet you yourself have admitted that you haven't even read the whole Bible yet. And that you have only become a "Christian" about a year ago. What does that tell you?

There are also uninformed Christians who misuse the Bible to condemn gay people. Most of the ones I have come across have not even read the whole Bible (like you), let alone studied it or the languages and cultures in which it was written. Most of these also cherry-pick the parts of the Bible that suit them and ignore the parts that don't (not that most of them would even know what is and isn't in the Bible)In my experience, most of these also take it on themselves to declare that they "know" what God does and doesn't approve of and call other Christians who don't agree with their particular version of Christianity "not true Christians".

I would prefer that you didn't "pray for me" thank you, as I do not feel that your "prayers" are in any way positive or in the true spirit of Christ's teachings.
It tells me that God can change ANYONE's heart.

It takes a long time to read the Bible. As an adult, I have not been Christian long enough to read the entire thing. But don't you dare tell me that what the Holy Spirit is telling me is wrong. I'm not cherry picking anything, I have read what I have been led to read, surely you can understand that.

I will pray for anyone I please. You are not a true Christian if you would EVER deny someone the opportunity to pray for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Uh no. What was mentioned was a threat of rape of the "strangers' (angels) after the angels had been sent to warn Lot and his family of the impending destruction.

Do you seriously not know that heterosexual men have often used rape of other men to humiliate them and show their power over them throughout history? Do you think that men who rape men in prison are all gay?

Could you please tell me what this has to do with gays? Especially gays in loving relationships?

Please read this link from the Jewish encyclopedia about the laws of hospitality at that time if you want to know about the story of S & G.

Please read Ezekial 16:49 if you want to know why S & G were destroyed. "'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."

Please read the story of the Levite in Judges 19 if you want the next instance where men threatened to rape strange men. They ended up gang raping the Levite's concubine (female) all night. Does this sound like "homosexuals" to you?

-------
Abraham (the father of the Judeo-Christian religions) had an incestuous marriage with his half sister Sarah. Clearly this was okay with God as he caused Sarah to get pregnant (at age 90 no less). Abraham also had sex with Hagar, Sarah's slave woman. Abraham also had many concubines with whom he had children.

What does that tell you? That incestuous marriages are okay with God? That owning slaves and having sex with them is okay? That having many concubines and having children with them is okay?

Lot offered up his two young virgin daughters to be gang raped rather than turn over the strangers (angels) under the protection of his roof to the angry crowd.

What does this tell you? That it's okay with God for a father to do this? God saved Lot, so what does that tell you?

Most religions have creation myths. They are not meant to be taken literally. The Hebrew word translated into English as Adam, just meant "man" and the Hebrew word translated as "Eve" meant "life giver".

“Gayness was not pleasing to the God so he destroyed the people who were committed the sodomy.”? LOL

It’s clear you haven’t even read the story.

If you think heterosexual men threatening to rape angels has anything to do with “gays” or “gayness” then you need to check your critical thinking skills, because it makes no sense.

The aroma of burnt flesh from sacrificial offerings was also pleasing to the Lord.

When you do finally get to read the whole Bible, you’ll find a lot of things which we find horrific or criminal today were “pleasing to the Lord”.

I have read Genesis, where the story of S&G takes place. Men raping men is gay, is it not? If a man rapes another man, he is GAY! Prison or not. The receiver may not be but no straight man could possibly get his jollies on raping another man unless he is...wait for it...GAY. Check Genesis 19:4-5 for the men raping other men stuff. Angels appear as males, if you didn't know.

Your Lev comment is out of context. They are talking about a sheep or goat, not human flesh.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:58 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,757,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
1) We were put here to procreate.
Says who? Since not everyone CAN procreate, how did you come to the conclusion that's "what we're here for"?
Quote:
2) They have children through adoption, not biologically. I was referring to the fact that you need a sperm and an egg to create a baby, not two sets of sperm or two eggs.
Actually, you'd be wrong about that for several reasons. First, because gays and lesbians have been marginalized for so long, many of them married those of the opposite sex in attempts to either hide who they really were or deny it to themselves. Have you never heard of the ones who divorce and "suddenly decide" that they are gay? Nothing sudden about it. Marriage was just how they chose to hide it. And with the current reproductive technologies many gays and lesbians are having natural offspring with out ever having sex with the opposite sex. Never heard of a turkey baster? Or a surrogate mother?

Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,198,452 times
Quote:
I have read Genesis, where the story of S&G takes place. Men raping men is gay, is it not? If a man rapes another man, he is GAY! Prison or not. The receiver may not be but no straight man could possibly get his jollies on raping another man unless he is...wait for it...GAY. Check Genesis 19:4-5 for the men raping other men stuff. Angels appear as males, if you didn't know.

Your Lev comment is out of context. They are talking about a sheep or goat, not human flesh.
You should stop reading that RIGHT NOW!....You are poisoning your mind. None of it is true.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I will pray for anyone I please. You are not a true Christian if you would EVER deny someone the opportunity to pray for you.
I don't think Jaymax has ever claimed to be Christian, just that, along with several other religions and religious texts, she has made a lifetime of study of Christianity and the Bible and the culture and times of it's writing.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Says who? Since not everyone CAN procreate, how did you come to the conclusion that's "what we're here for"?

Actually, you'd be wrong about that for several reasons. First, because gays and lesbians have been marginalized for so long, many of them married those of the opposite sex in attempts to either hide who they really were or deny it to themselves. Have you never heard of the ones who divorce and "suddenly decide" that they are gay? Nothing sudden about it. Marriage was just how they chose to hide it. And with the current reproductive technologies many gays and lesbians are having natural offspring with out ever having sex with the opposite sex. Never heard of a turkey baster? Or a surrogate mother?
God wants us to continue the species. Thus, we were put here, in part, to procreate.

I know several gay people who have children from previous relationships. I actually know a woman who was gay and wanted a child with her partner and actually went and had sex with a man. She has two kids from this method. Not exactly a great idea if you ask me. Many others have done the "turkey baster" method (not an accurate term, btw). Also note that many were not gay when they first got married, they were married then "turned" gay, probably out of frustration with the other sex. That doesn't mean they were ALWAYS gay or were only married to hide it.

What you're not understanding is that even if a lesbian gets pregnant using another man's sperm, or a gay couple uses a donor egg and surrogate mother...THE CHILD DOES NOT BIOLOGICALLY BELONG TO BOTH!

Old 12-19-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:

No it is not! What Jaymax said is the truth - men, because they believe it calls into question the victim's masculinity, will use rape as a way to humiliate other men. Ever see the movie "Deliverance"? You should watch it some time.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I don't think Jaymax has ever claimed to be Christian, just that, along with several other religions and religious texts, she has made a lifetime of study of Christianity and the Bible and the culture and times of it's writing.
Seeing as how he/she claims to have read the Bible that many times, I would imagine he/she was at least Christian at some point.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
No it is not! What Jaymax said is the truth - men, because they believe it calls into question the victim's masculinity, will use rape as a way to humiliate other men. Ever see the movie "Deliverance"? You should watch it some time.
Doesn't mean it's not gay. Most guys I know are disgusted by homosexual acts. They would never rape another guy just to humiliate him. I'm talking about real life, not a movie here. A man putting himself inside another man is gay, there is no question about that.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:11 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,025,350 times
Quote:
I have read Genesis, where the story of S&G takes place. Men raping men is gay, is it not? If a man rapes another man, he is GAY! Prison or not. The receiver may not be but no straight man could possibly get his jollies on raping another man unless he is...wait for it...GAY.
You are 100% wrong... you apparently read the Bible with biased eyes, and I imagine you've NEVER read a psychological report on homosexuality and/or rape. I have, and it's been proven that rape has no connection to sexuality - it's an issue of power, and straight people can & do rape people of the same sex. The act itself doesn't make one gay, it only makes them a power-tripping rapist. If these men in prison had a woman available to assault, do you think they'd choose a man instead? No? Then they aren't gay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies