Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 07:29 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I seriously doubt the republicans wanted to sit at the back of the bus, so to speak.
Dont you think, if they have something intelligent to say it doesnt matter where they sit?

Typical frightened-rightie choice of words btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 07:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
NO, on the contrary, the republicans will be proudly saying no-and would love to have their faces shown- they have to make sure the Insurance companies know that their lobbyist money was well spent in trying to take down any real health care reform-
I think you're on to something here

I for one am glad they got the table thing worked out. We can't have anything standing in the way of any more non-progress.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Um.. so much for the accuracy of this story.. They arent sitting in either proposed seating arrangement, but its much closer to what Obama wanted than Republicans..

I guess Obama whined the most..

Old 02-25-2010, 08:26 AM

527 posts, read 467,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Would this be the very same bs partisanship which caused you a minute ago to ignore facts when you proclaimed Republicans were being bought by the insurance companies, when indeed its Democrats received the most money recently?

There is a reason after all the insurance companies are supporting a UHC plan.. MORE CUSTOMERS.. If you dont understand how this means more customers for the insurance companies, then you havent educated yourself enough on the plan to be qualified to speak about something as little as the arrangement of the chairs..
I didn't say they were getting more than the Democrats, just that they were getting it- all of Congress is bought up by lobbyists- I am not a Democrat or a Republican to be honest, I vote for who I feel is the least of two evils in any election- although most of my attacks here have been against Republicans more due to their holier than thou attitudes and the fact that they have been in the White House 29 years out of the last 42-also the fact that they seem more hypocritical to me- Republicans claim to want less government unless it involves shoving their religious or social values down everyone else's throats-they claim to be the party of family values, but don't seem to realize that the typical American family is very far removed from the Ozzie and Harriet idyllic 50's sterotype that is locked in many of their heads-they also seem to be more geared towards making the rich richer and through backing industry over all other factors-Democrats have been very inadequate in getting accomplished the things they promise, and yes they too are bought and paid for by corporate America, but I feel they are usually the lesser of the two evils-

Old 02-25-2010, 08:44 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,470 times
Its quite clear that the democrats in congress and this president are unwilling to be bi-partisan. They say one thing, and then do another as exposed in this story. I still don't think they get it. The left LOST a blue state because people were tired of having policy shoved down their throat while the only opposition to a back seat to the dictator and his cronies.

Well, good news is, the party is over for the left. YOU WILL provide true bi-partisan debate and work on compromise in an effort to deliever policies to the American people.

You all can act like juvinile little kids here, and slander the right, but the fact remains that neither President Obama, nor most of you, understand the importance of political compromise and bi-partisan efforts. Sadly, many people on the left believe so wholey in their agenda, they are unable to even understand the importance of having two sides to the story.

Its time to grow up children.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:46 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its a shame that the insurance companies have given more money to Democrats than Republicans. There goes your argument...
Specialrequest, feel free to acknowledge your error at any time.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Its quite clear that the democrats in congress and this president are unwilling to be bi-partisan. They say one thing, and then do another as exposed in this story. I still don't think they get it. The left LOST a blue state because people were tired of having policy shoved down their throat while the only opposition to a back seat to the dictator and his cronies.

Well, good news is, the party is over for the left. YOU WILL provide true bi-partisan debate and work on compromise in an effort to deliever policies to the American people.

You all can act like juvinile little kids here, and slander the right, but the fact remains that neither President Obama, nor most of you, understand the importance of political compromise and bi-partisan efforts. Sadly, many people on the left believe so wholey in their agenda, they are unable to even understand the importance of having two sides to the story.

Its time to grow up children.

You know your post would definately have merit if your recognize that NONE of them are acting in a bi-partisan way, NONE. Your post would also have merit if you recognize that both sides are acting like children and need to grow up. Your post would have merit if you recognized that NEITHER side realize that there are two sides to the story.
For anyone on the Right or Left to honestly believe that those IDIOTS in Washington want to work together your really delusional.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
And the more likely person doing the throwing would be a lobbyist, tossing coins in the air to keep the playful legislator’s attention. The other day, the non-partisan Center for Responsive Politics reported that more than 15,600 companies spent at least $3.2 billion on federal lobbying last year. Five hundred thirty-five members of the House and Senate, more than 13,000 registered lobbyists in DC – you do the math.
Bill Moyers Journal: Michael Winship: Lobbyists Retreat But Never Surrender

Don't fool yourself into believeing that members on both sides of the aisle do not need to be replaced with actual representatives. I can use one hand to count the true Statesman. Maybe one and a half.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 02-25-2010 at 09:11 AM..

Old 02-25-2010, 08:57 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,054,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
You know your post would definately have merit if your recognize that NONE of them are acting in a bi-partisan way, NONE. Your post would also have merit if you recognize that both sides are acting like children and need to grow up. Your post would have merit if you recognized that NEITHER side realize that there are two sides to the story.
For anyone on the Right or Left to honestly believe that those IDIOTS in Washington want to work together your really delusional.
The ones who believe our problems are pinned on one party or the other are the problem themselves.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
GOP leaders want to avoid giving Mr. Obama the upper hand... First they said they didn't want the president at a podium where he might lecture them like when he took questions from House Republicans last month.

While the White House wanted the table to have the president at the center, the Republicans said the table should look make everyone a bit more equal...

Before Health Care Summit, GOP Wants Its Table - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I don't know why Obama is wasting his time on this. I'll be shocked if he gets one Republican vote for health care reform.

hopefully they can stall enough for time until november to be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies