Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 04:40 PM

13 posts, read 51,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcop View Post
I do not know how O'Reilly became the topic? CNN, CBS, and MSNBC all reported the same thing with the same comments. The video, which I saw on CNN, speaks for itself. O'Reilly did not make it up. The school dstrict administration made a huge blunder having those speakers on campus in a high school setting, mandatory or not. The lawsuts will change the admin, but not the damage done. Hopefully the school board will take decisive action, or be replaced.
It is easier for the liberals to pick on Bill, he hits them with the truth and they can't take the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcop View Post
I do not know how O'Reilly became the topic? CNN, CBS, and MSNBC all reported the same thing with the same comments. The video, which I saw on CNN, speaks for itself. O'Reilly did not make it up. The school dstrict administration made a huge blunder having those speakers on campus in a high school setting, mandatory or not. The lawsuts will change the admin, but not the damage done. Hopefully the school board will take decisive action, or be replaced.
Isn't is amazing how the lefties say how they can't stand Bill O, yet they must obviously listen to him.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Wow... so I'm living in a quack asylum?? Somehow I've missed all the fun, because it seems like I'm living a pretty normal existence here in CRAZY LEFTY SAN FRAN!! Have you ever been to these cities?
Most crazies in an asylum don't think they are crazy, but everyone else is. Yes I have been to San Fran, beautiful city, just too bad it has been overrun with the nut cases.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:46 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimes View Post
Most crazies in an asylum don't think they are crazy, but everyone else is. Yes I have been to San Fran, beautiful city, just too bad it has been overrun with the nut cases.
Well, then call me a NUT, because I love the people of San Francisco... I've been here since childhood, and even after traveling extensively around the world, I think it's among the greatest cities that exists. Anyway, what you perceive as "crazy", I might consider completely normal - and vice versa. Wouldn't the world be boring if we all acted & thought alike?

Old 06-04-2007, 08:32 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
I know a lot of you don't like The O'Reilly Factor, but did anyone catch it tonight? What a show...I think Bill won the argument, but would like to see if anyone else saw it. The people that came on to defend Boulder looked like idiots. I hope I'm not the only one that saw it that way.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimes View Post
Isn't is amazing how the lefties say how they can't stand Bill O, yet they must obviously listen to him.
Nope, but nice try... only time I've heard/seen him is through clips you guys (or other message board people) post, and on the Daily Show. That's enough for me, though!

Old 06-05-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Nope, but nice try... only time I've heard/seen him is through clips you guys (or other message board people) post, and on the Daily Show. That's enough for me, though!
But that's the problem, they cherry pick the show and it's a lot different than what you really see. Besides, O'Reilly only yells every 3 seconds JK, give it a try...you can do it!

Old 06-05-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
But that's the problem, they cherry pick the show and it's a lot different than what you really see. Besides, O'Reilly only yells every 3 seconds JK, give it a try...you can do it!
LOL... maybe if I'm feeling sadistic one day, I'll give it a look. But I doubt I'll be changing my mind & becoming a Fox news fan anytime soon - I have watched the channel, and usually can't take it for more than 5-10 minutes!

Old 06-05-2007, 12:39 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
In this thread as well as many others the rightists, for lack of a better term, are always screaming about some slight, insult or absurdity and always blaming the evil leftists for the problem no matter what it is. The crazy lefties mostly seem to respond with calmness and reason. Calmness and reason don’t influence the rightists very much but I’ll try anyway.

I think the panelists did the kids a favor. Straight talk about sex and drugs is way better than the “thou shalt not” nonsense. Teenage humans have been having sex since the beginning of time. Sometimes with each other and sometimes with predatory adults. Teenagers have also been using drugs since the about as long. When I was a kid many, many years ago beer was the preferred drug and girls were the preferred sex. I survived having both before high school. I was way too drunk to remember the beer but I do remember the sex.

I am always amused to here the rightists scream about having their individual freedom challenged but are they ever willing to take freedom away from others. Oh my. Don’t touch yourself. Oh, dear don’t touch the neighbor girl. The funny part is these “adults” think the kids believe them. The kids are experimenting to get the facts because the adults are speaking such obvious nonsense.

BTW – Speed was my favorite drug because the government gave it away for free in ‘Nam. Neat stuff but it makes you too jittery to shoot accurately. A little vodka takes the shakes away until the fear hits and the real rush happens.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:32 PM

Greg, I'm at a loss of words. Stay away from children. Hope I can put that lightly enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies