Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 03:37 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,900,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
Whether I agree with the outraged posters or not, it’s good to see concern, but several of the posts would indicate that some think the answer is to subject children to education in Plato’s Cave.
The ancient Greeks had caves and flames. We have public high schools and fluorescent lights. Both work equally well as prisons, for the body and the mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Hopefully those looking to file criminal charges will have ther day in court.

I know there is a big push to get as much propaganda into children well before the age of reason and maturity. Get em' young, get em' dumb

Old 06-11-2007, 04:14 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
The ancient Greeks had caves and flames. We have public high schools and fluorescent lights. Both work equally well as prisons, for the body and the mind.
But participating in changing the schools and the lights is the answer, not crawling into shelter.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:53 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I came across a speech on YouTube that really breaks it down about the agenda in the schools. It's long but well worth listening to. It is one of the most common sense speeches I have heard.

"How Modern Liberals Think"
What a bloody hateful video this is. He spends 47 minutes attributing completely heinous views to the opposition and passes it off as believable and sensible. He speaks about his enemies as if he understands them and he is wrong on EVERY issue!

If you love enemies, if you are stupid, if you are ignorant, if you can't connect two dots together, this video is for you!! When he attacked John Lennon's "Imagine" lyrics, he should've been shot in the head (yes, I realize that's not very nice of me). How ridiculous!

He doesn't describe anyone I've ever encountered in my life. Why? Because the enemy in this video simply doesn't exist! Utter neocon propagandistic crap!!

Last edited by mhouse2001; 06-11-2007 at 08:04 PM..

Old 06-11-2007, 08:35 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
He doesn't describe anyone I've ever encountered in my life. Why? Because the enemy in this video simply doesn't exist! Utter neocon propagandistic crap!!
Isn't that something?! That link was first brought out in the thread Online Lefties Intolerant? on page 5. What a place for it, huh? The guy is what he rants against.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:36 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
What a bloody hateful video this is. He spends 47 minutes attributing completely heinous views to the opposition and passes it off as believable and sensible. He speaks about his enemies as if he understands them and he is wrong on EVERY issue!

If you love enemies, if you are stupid, if you are ignorant, if you can't connect two dots together, this video is for you!! When he attacked John Lennon's "Imagine" lyrics, he should've been shot in the head (yes, I realize that's not very nice of me). How ridiculous!

Woo-hoo!! You almost make me want to watch the video...... almost. But if he's ripping on John Lennon, I'm afraid my computer screen might suffer the wrath of my anger.

Anyway, I guess some people will believe anything, if it provides "fuel for their fire"... hate to say it, but that makes me think of the old Nazi propaganda videos (which I've seen in documentaries).

Old 06-12-2007, 08:09 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
[quote=gizmo980;870525 the old Nazi propaganda videos (which I've seen in documentaries). [/QUOTE]

You don''t need to see these in documentaries any longer, just watch any left wing speech and you will have it all over again!

Old 06-12-2007, 08:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Left wing speech? Just what side created the "Patriot Act" that violateds more parts of our Constitution than I'll bother to list. Which side has created secret prisons and authorized torture?

"ein Volk, ein Stadt, ein Furher, zeig Heil!"

Sounds a lot more like the neocon ranting than any of the liberals or conservatives I know.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
The O'Reilly Factor will have more news on Boulder tonigt. They sent reporters to the meeting. I guess there was another meeting at another school that advocating smoking dope everyday to kids and that they should smoke it with their parents. It will be interesting to see what else has been uncovered.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:43 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
The O'Reilly Factor will have more news on Boulder tonigt. They sent reporters to the meeting. I guess there was another meeting at another school that advocating smoking dope everyday to kids and that they should smoke it with their parents. It will be interesting to see what else has been uncovered.
I saw the O'Reilly report on Boulder HS tonight. Can you believe some parents in Boulder are so liberal/Secular-Progressive (SP) that they LIKED that their kids are being indoctrinated to use illegals durgs, specially Ecstacy (which by the way kills a ton of kids every year as they 'overheat' because of all the jumping around and die of dehydration and heart attack) and to have gay sex WITHOUT using condoms!!

It is unreal ONLY O'Reilly is reporting this story. The liberal-controlled media is OK with a future generation of kids that contract HIV, have no morals, do not know right from wrong, and are drug users. That way the next generation will be so stupid that they will continue to elect the Kennedy's, Clinton's, and Obama's of the world.

We need to watch so our generation of kids don't become corrupted by liberal/SP schools like in Boulder.

Boulder, CO is a national disgrace. I am serious, people should move out of that cursed liberal hippie town and live in rational places of Colordo (which is a great state).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies