Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 03:29 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
being a citizen of wisconsin and even though we do not have CCW we do have open carry. the cops here cannot arrest us anymore for disturbing the peace just for having a firerarm on our hips in open carry. milwakee had to shell a chunk of cash to pay off someone for that screwup by some cops, and our state supreme court ruled that the cops screwed up.

open carry now is alot more open now, even if the cops do or dont like it.
Yeah, but it took a lot of illegal arrests to get to that point, and your state's school zone law is still a problem...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 03:31 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Yeah, but it took a lot of illegal arrests to get to that point, and your state's school zone law is still a problem...

I live across the street from a school, anytime the cops come close to my property I tell them to get off my property.
plus I open carry on my property all the time.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:36 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
For the record,I am completely against this ill spirit of "uncontrolled liberty "...

Weapons are hazardous,the issue is passionate & sensitive,we must not provide ...ammo to the anti-gun...
Now,many criminal elements will get a CCW & start commiting crimes.Then the anti-gun,will blame the whole "gun culture " of USA.

We,the good,must stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

Instead of such blind, blanket "liberties ", let's try to win the fight for CCW in campuses,where we suffered humiliating defeats...

Let's restrict or eliminate the "gun -free" zones,public or private.
Gun carry is a civil right,noone can prohibit entry to his private property ( for public use ) to a woman,or a black,or a homo,or a disabled,so the same should happen for gun carrying persons......

Let's create various licenses for various calibres of weapons,like the motor vehicles & pilots' licenses.

Let's try to lower the age for a CCW permit only for.22 cal pistols,to 16,so that high school students can carry at school...

These are the right fights we must win...

Population control ? Give us all guns then **** us all off at each other , sounds like divide and conquer to me .

Why are the FBI not doing a run on the muslim camps filled with convicted criminals carring weapons of all kinds ?

Old 04-18-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I live across the street from a school, anytime the cops come close to my property I tell them to get off my property.
plus I open carry on my property all the time.
But if you step foot off your property with a gun not in a case you're in trouble...WI is not a good state for gun rights right now...it's better than IL, NJ, NY, MA, RI and MD but not by much...

Old 04-18-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
But if you step foot off your property with a gun not in a case you're in trouble...WI is not a good state for gun rights right now...it's better than IL, NJ, NY, MA, RI and MD but not by much...

yeah I know artic, but the wife and I are planning on moving to another state pretty soon.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
yeah I know artic, but the wife and I are planning on moving to another state pretty soon.
That's good...freedom is a very nice thing...

Old 04-18-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
That's good...freedom is a very nice thing...
the wife and I are heading out to Miles City Montana to look at a home next month.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:04 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
We're trying to do the same thing here in AZ.

Here I sit.

Locked, cocked, and ready to rock......
This is as it should be. Lock and Load!

A man should be allowed to protect his family, his land and his possessions without government interference.

When they take the guns away from law abiding citizens, only the criminals will have guns.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

A man should be allowed to protect his family, his land and his possessions without government interference.

When they take the guns away from law abiding citizens, only the criminals will have guns.

I personally think that a castle law should exist in each and every state.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:11 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

You have guns, they have missels ,drones and cameras in every town . The best protection you can have is freedom of speech because silence is the greatist sin of all . They know this and thats why is so important to pass all the hate crime laws and infiltrate the nation with enemies from all over the world .

A nation of sheep will be goverened by wolves .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies