Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Then I would say you are very naive or purposely ignoring the historic and present racial connotation of calling a black person a monkey, ape, feral, or sub-human.

It's an insult whomever is called that name but we both know the meaning when a black person is addressed as such.
Not to continue to take this off topic, but pointing out that someone is behaving in the same manner as a chimp is just pointing out the truth in what they see. Have you taken a look at some of those videos where the black teens are causing chaos in fast food restaurants? Did you see the one where the girl got up on the counter and started acting up and throwing things? Did she not look like a chimp doing that? I thought the resemblence was astounding, black or white. It was their body language and animation, not skin color. If I see that, I will call it out no matter who it is, so if people want to not be equated to a primate, STOP ACTING LIKE ONE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 12:48 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Page 195 "Sankofa Moment: The history of Trinity United Church of Christ"

We did not need any lawsuits against "Trumpet" that would affect the church or that would pierce the corporate veil of the church. The word "Trinity" was dropped from the title and "Trumpet Newsmagazine" began to be published as an independent magazine and setup as its own corporation.

Jeremiah Wright's 'Trumpet' | The Weekly Standard

In September 2005, Trumpet officially separated from Wright's church and became an independent entity,
that's an interesting link, but if you think that reverend jerry and his church were not still deeply involved with the trumpet, you're dreaming.

Quote:
In September 2005, Trumpet officially separated from Wright's church and became an independent entity, with Wright as CEO and his two eldest daughters managing the magazine.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:48 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Not to continue to take this off topic, but pointing out that someone is behaving in the same manner as a chimp is just pointing out the truth in what they see. Have you taken a look at some of those videos where the black teens are causing chaos in fast food restaurants? Did you see the one where the girl got up on the counter and started acting up and throwing things? Did she not look like a chimp doing that? I thought the resemblence was astounding, black or white. It was their body language and animation, not skin color. If I see that, I will call it out no matter who it is, so if people want to not be equated to a primate, STOP ACTING LIKE ONE!
Right on. It's not the color of skin, it's their actions.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:45 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Because people like you and our media don't call him out on it, yet you are ready to pounce on someone like Beck in an instant. No talk show host is as dangerous as this guy.
I don't call him out because I don't pay attention to him. beck is thrown in my face by people like you. I wouldnt even know about this speech if not for you.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
So what if someone calls a white person a monkey?
Tea party pos. Thats what he is. The racist on here will come right in and defend him though.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:49 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that's an interesting link, but if you think that reverend jerry and his church were not still deeply involved with the trumpet, you're dreaming.
I've read enough of Kurtz's work to know that if he could have spun the story that the Trumpet was still being produced by Trinity UCC he would have done it. Fact is the magazine was being produced by an independent entity and not under the governance structure of the church.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:54 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,140,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I don't call him out because I don't pay attention to him. beck is thrown in my face by people like you. I wouldnt even know about this speech if not for you.
Well now you know and do you realize you just contradicted yourself a bit.

But go on ahead and ignore this and go back to defending your messiah and bashing Beck.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:00 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Warm your brain up, here comes a fast ball. At what time has the commander in chief of these United States of America acted like a monkey??!!!

I don't care what some girl in a restaurant did, that has nothing to due with Obama.

Have you seen some of the skinhead videos where they have gone to various concerts or football {Europe} and acted the same way and in some instances even worse??!!

Have you not seen the videos where they taunt the black players by throwing bananas at them or howling likes monkeys...I guess that's just an inconvenient truth.

So no, your statement did not address the question of why the CIC was likened to that of a monkey.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Warm your brain up, here comes a fast ball. At what time has the commander in chief of these United States of America acted like a monkey??!!!

I don't care what some girl in a restaurant did, that has nothing to due with Obama.

Have you seen some of the skinhead videos where they have gone to various concerts or football {Europe} and acted the same way and in some instances even worse??!!

Have you not seen the videos where they taunt the black players by throwing bananas at them or howling likes monkeys...I guess that's just an inconvenient truth.

So no, your statement did not address the question of why the CIC was likened to that of a monkey.
He knows what that guy meant. Not surprising when you go through his history of post. Not one positive comment on any thread or person black. The guy could have said monkey N*(*&^* and he would say it was not racist. Nothing said or done to black people is racist to c-d right wingers. Believe that.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Well now you know and do you realize you just contradicted yourself a bit.

But go on ahead and ignore this and go back to defending your messiah and bashing Beck.
I will bash that fool beck everytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies