Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:12 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I will bash that fool beck everytime.
Gee, what a shock, I never would've guessed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 02:25 PM

950 posts, read 1,516,010 times
TV One which is a Black channel actually embraces Louis Farrakhan with open arms and treats him very nice whenever he goes on that network. Can you imagine of one of the Caucasian networks did that with David Duke. There would be protests and boycotts.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Mention Beck and their eyes roll all the way to the back of their heads, their heads spin around 3 times to the right and once to the left and hair starts growing on their palms.

The guy has their number and is all up in their business.
Classic Beck phobia.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:48 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I've read enough of Kurtz's work to know that if he could have spun the story that the Trumpet was still being produced by Trinity UCC he would have done it. Fact is the magazine was being produced by an independent entity and not under the governance structure of the church.
ok, not under the governance structure of the church, but by obama's friend reverend jerry and his immediate family.

sound about right?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:59 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Um, doesn't anyone here remember all of the comparisons of George Bush to a monkey?

There are dozens of such websites out there....

Uncurious George Bush: Links: Primates

Old 03-30-2011, 10:05 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
I think it's important to note that Farrakhan is no fan of Obama....duh!!!!!!!!!!!

So trying to smear Obama with flimsy links to Farrakhan is quite frankly transparent political tripe.

With that said, people that laughed and laughed when Bush was compared to a monkey need to grow some thicker skin even if the people making comments about Obama are racist. You can't roll around in the feces of political and then cry that someone else smells bad. (and for you students of history there are many "WHITES" that have been considered lesser in our recent history by others including the Irish, Asians, Italians....so to give people a pass for rude ape comparisons solely based upon skin color is guess what?

Racist. Some of you need to take a good look in the mirror.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:18 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
i don't know if louie is currently a fan, but he did call obama the messiah.

remember that?

see also: FinalCallMedia.Com - BET Interview

"I talked about him — but, in very beautiful and glowing terms, stopping short of endorsing him. And unfortunately, or fortunately, however we look at it, the media said I 'endorsed' him, so he renounced my so-called endorsement and support. But that didn’t stop me from supporting him."
-louie f.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:40 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
It is noteworthy when someone who once called Obama "the Messiah" has turned against him.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It is noteworthy when someone who once called Obama "the Messiah" has turned against him.
Ordinarily, I'd say you had a point there. But when Louis Farrakhan is that 'someone,' you've got to take it with more than one grain of salt. You notice that all he had to do was make the comment, and voila! His name gets mentioned in the mainstream media again. He'll say whatever he thinks will get him attention.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:42 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Ordinarily, I'd say you had a point there. But when Louis Farrakhan is that 'someone,' you've got to take it with more than one grain of salt. You notice that all he had to do was make the comment, and voila! His name gets mentioned in the mainstream media again. He'll say whatever he thinks will get him attention.
I take everything Farrakhan says with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, he does have many supporters who think he has significance and that what he says is important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies