Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are we a Christian nation?
Yes 90 24.26%
No 212 57.14%
To an extent 69 18.60%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 07:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
If it brings you knowledge of American history...please, go ahead.
No, not for history, for you that you would find your way.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:12 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
I see what the problem is. You have no knowledge of American history.
How old are you michael.. been around a while or just a few years?

Old 07-11-2012, 07:13 PM

908 posts, read 1,119,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, not for hhistory, for you that you would find your way.
Condescension gets you no where.

You don't know me, nor have I used any of Jesus' words incorrectly. In fact, I have used logic and reasoning to arrive at the conclusion - not flawed American history, emotional blind patriotism, and idolatry.

So no, you need to pray for knowledge and discernment. I would suggest you do that immediately. Prayer isn't a tool of condescension.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
For my lost friend, Michael:

Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How old are you michael.. been around a while or just a few years?
I've been around long enough to learn and not long enough to forget.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
"America is a Christian nation." - Finn

That would mean that everything in the nation is "of Christ".

This is basic logical deduction. America is a whole thing. If America is "Christian", then everything that is contained within it is "of Christ". This is simple, basic reasoning.

No it doesn't.. Christian nation only means that this country has more Christians than muslims or any other religion period... don't mean much else other than the founding fathers knew Christianity was the main religion .

Old 07-11-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
For my lost friend, Michael:
Thanks. It will strengthen my position. Now after you're done, spend a little time reading a history book.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
No it doesn't.. Christian nation only means that this country has more Christians than muslims or any other religion period... don't mean much else other than the founding fathers knew Christianity was the main religion .
LOL! What kind of crap logic is that?

"We gots the most Jesus so we're all Jesus!"

"Christianity" is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT A STATISTIC!!! IT IS NOT A LABEL!!! IT IS A RELIGION WITH QUALIFICATIONS!!!

Jesus sets forth the ability to identify what is "of God" and what is not "of God". This isn't hard stuff - this is basic "Christian" theology and exegesis.

This country has VERY few Christians! I've already pointed this out so many times I could puke. Some of you are so closed off to knowledge it's like trying to shout over a 50 foot thick wall.

If "Christianity" is so shallow it is a numbers' game then those who advocate such a kiddie pool and throw the name around so loosely...wow. Unreal.

"You don't know one speck of Jesus' teaching but you claim you're a Christian! Another one for the Christian nation!"

Old 07-11-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I've been around long enough to learn and not long enough to forget.
If you weren't around in the fifties or before than your concept is not the same as mine.. life was simple, respect abounded, tv had good family shows, and there was no blatant sexual talk or actions on tv whatsoever. We have fallen from the decent days where people were refined and family was important.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
If you weren't around in the fifties or before than your concept is not the same as mine.. life was simple, respect abounded, tv had good family shows, and there was no blatant sexual talk or actions on tv whatsoever. We have fallen from the decent days where people were refined and family was important.
I don't disagree with that.

But none of those things make a "Christian nation" - none of them don't. None of them have anything to do with anything but culture. The are irrelevant and unrelated.

Beyond that, in the fifties blacks were treated like trash and the mob was causing corruption in every major city in the country. McCarthyism was raping political discourse, J. Edgar was stomping around like a tyrant. Racism was highly prevalent in society and civil rights were disregarded.

Yes, the fifties were a different time indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies