Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 02:37 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,294,817 times

Advertisements

A lot of posters here say that gays are "shoving their sexuality down America's throats" and that all gay people do is make their sexuality an issue. It would be all you were about too if it were the main reason you were discriminated against.

Would these gay issues be in the news if gays were afforded the same rights as heterosexuals? (Not just marriage--in many states it is legal to fire gay people because of their sexuality). The reason the lifestyle you hate is even being discussed so much is because of legislated discrimination and the vocal backlash against it.

Do you realize that by opposing equal rights you are perpetuating the constant flow of all things gay to your fragile minds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 03:04 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,096,110 times
We all have the same rights. Gays want special rights. If a hooker worked for me and she flanted her sexuality, I would fire her but if she expressed herself in a manner that did not expose her sex life, it would not be an issue. Gays demand we accept their bent that goes against normal, like a "pregant man" or some cross-dressing confused person.

While gays feel they have a right to force their ways on people, we have the right to reject it. It's all about freedom of choice.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:08 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,294,817 times
Tell me how being able to marry the person you love is a special right above and beyond what heterosexuals have.

Tell me how living without the possibility of your sexuality getting you fired or denied a home to rent is a special right above and beyond what heterosexuals have.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:25 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,649,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
We all have the same rights. Gays want special rights. If a hooker worked for me and she flanted her sexuality, I would fire her but if she expressed herself in a manner that did not expose her sex life, it would not be an issue. Gays demand we accept their bent that goes against normal, like a "pregant man" or some cross-dressing confused person.

While gays feel they have a right to force their ways on people, we have the right to reject it. It's all about freedom of choice.
Bet you never met any ***** (PC?) person in your life because what you are spouting off is ignorant propaganda. Next time, skip FOX and ask the gays for their opinion instead

What are these "special rights" you speak of? Right to get married? Right to walk down the street without being called slurs? Right to working in a job environment without being afraid of getting dismissed due to your orientation? Right to live life like a normal straight people without getting beaten up or shot? Name a special right gays demand, I dare you Chances are, those "special rights" are already taken up by the straights

Just to be clear, you have to right to reject it and disagree it all you want, but you don't have the right to deny them their rights

Last edited by Le Lune; 03-05-2010 at 04:12 AM..

Old 03-05-2010, 04:30 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,283,745 times
Default Okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Bet you never met any ***** (PC?) person in your life because what you are spouting off is ignorant propaganda. Next time, skip FOX and ask the gays for their opinion instead

What are these "special rights" you speak of? Right to get married? Right to walk down the street without being called slurs? Right to working in a job environment without being afraid of getting dismissed due to your orientation? Right to live life like a normal straight people without getting beaten up or shot? Name a special right gays demand, I dare you Chances are, those "special rights" are already taken up by the straights

Just to be clear, you have to right to reject it and disagree it all you want, but you don't have the right to deny them their rights
Using your argument, should we then give respect, and rights to pedophiles? Who are we to say it is wrong, just because we find it grotesque doesn't mean the persons doing it think it is. Let's allow NAMBLA to flourish, eh?

Old 03-05-2010, 04:49 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post

So now you're confusing homosexuality and transsexuality, huh? The so-called pregnant man was never a gay man, but a female-to-male transsexual. And cross dressers are not necessarily gay.
And you have said many times that you think gays are asking for 'special rights'. Why don't you list some of the 'special rights' you think gays are asking for?

Old 03-05-2010, 05:05 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Using your argument, should we then give respect, and rights to pedophiles? Who are we to say it is wrong, just because we find it grotesque doesn't mean the persons doing it think it is. Let's allow NAMBLA to flourish, eh?
Let me be sure I understand you here - are you honestly attempting to compare the consensual, adult relationships of homosexual men and women with what the pedophile does to a child? That you don't seem to understand the difference is downright scary!

Old 03-05-2010, 05:14 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,088,293 times
It's not the gays who always bring sexuality into the debate...it's the homophobes.
Their demand for rights has nothing to do with sex.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:22 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,320,384 times
Default Crazy talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
It's not the gays who always bring sexuality into the debate...it's the homophobes.
Their demand for rights has nothing to do with sex.
The term "gay" is a statement of sexuality

Stop with the everyone who isn't gay and disagrees with us must be a homophobe routine.
Americans are sick of it.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:25 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,088,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
The term "gay" is a statement of sexuality

Stop with the everyone who isn't gay and disagrees with us must be a homophobe routine.
Americans are sick of it.
So what....when women were fighting for the right to vote...people like you fought against it, same with civil rights...cause you know those black people would just take over and have sex all over the place...right? There are always people like you who want to keep some group of fellow humans down to lift yourself up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies