Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

I just say quite jumping in front of my face so often screamign and acting a fool. I don't do that to you ;so quite the harrassment and live your life. One to put something on a ballot;do it. If you loose then work at improving your image and try again.Maybe read more on how to win friends and influence people.Your ceretainly not doign it now and are making more enemies really.In arsyguys post substiute Gay for texas and see how you would feel about helping that perosn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I just say quite jumping in front of my face so often screamign and acting a fool. I don't do that to you ;so quite the harrassment and live your life. One to put something on a ballot;do it. If you loose then work at improving your image and try again.Maybe read more on how to win friends and influence people.Your ceretainly not doign it now and are making more enemies really.In arsyguys post substiute Gay for texas and see how you would feel about helping that perosn.
Not sure if it's just me, but you're making no sense at all. You might want to rephrase some parts

Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
The gay people who flaunt their sexuality are doing so because of the bigots (here on this thread and elsewhere) who want them to be invisible. The affected behavior becomes a part of themselves because society tells them that they can't under any circumstances be "normal". That's a pretty horrible thing to tell someone, don't you think? Some flaunt their being gay as a part of the process of self-acceptance after years of denial and suppression. Some gay people have no role models and adopt the mannerisms of the only thing their peer groups convince them they must be.

You bigots, the collective I encountered on this thread that will now be ignored, don't get it at all. Your focusing on the sexuality of others makes your vision impaired. You will only see gay people as sexual beings and not as human beings. It's YOUR fault because it's YOUR problem.

Now grow up, learn how to spell and stop being ignorant. Get that education you promised your kids you'd get! The world needs love and you're not holding up your part of the deal.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:29 PM

530 posts, read 780,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Oh well that explains everything. Texas is backward as ****. Although nobody wants to admit it. It has some good cities but the culture is still really warped over there.

How did they know he was gay??? Was he a drag queen?
It was a pretty small town, when he came out his family, well his dad and uncle, his mother died when he was young of breast cancer, was "disappointed" to use their word at first but eventually was accepting his older brother on the other hand not so much, he called him names and basically was an alcoholic who would get drunk and not so politely inform people to his brothers' orientation, after that he would not deny he was gay if asked. He was not a drag queen or flambouyant as some has put it but still...

Old 03-05-2010, 10:59 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
Texas, and it was a bunch of rowdy teens mostly with a few adult men thrown in the mix. Seriously I do not understand what the problem is, my friend was one of the kindest, most gentle people I have ever met, so why do some people feel the need to be cruel or hate someone based only on who they choose to love? Hopefully they will realize the pain they cause.
It's sad that today, "Christians" are the ones that would be disagreeing with your take on this.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:20 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Tell me how being able to marry the person you love is a special right above and beyond what heterosexuals have.

Tell me how living without the possibility of your sexuality getting you fired or denied a home to rent is a special right above and beyond what heterosexuals have.
Tell me how a dog is a good reason to be upset about water flowing, and that a shovel stuck in the sand provides shade for the planes that fly in winters day and smell the road and drive through burgers making salads appealing? Is that right? I mean, can you deny such?

Confusing isn't it?

Kind of the same thing as taking the word marriage and then changing its meaning to fit something it doesn't historically fit. Who cares though, words are meant to be changed though right?

So when you up in your down and you have no idea side left is grating that the windshield is craggy? You know what I mean? Its like side left ya know?

Old 03-05-2010, 11:29 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Tell me how a dog is a good reason to be upset about water flowing, and that a shovel stuck in the sand provides shade for the planes that fly in winters day and smell the road and drive through burgers making salads appealing? Is that right? I mean, can you deny such?

Confusing isn't it?

Kind of the same thing as taking the word marriage and then changing its meaning to fit something it doesn't historically fit. Who cares though, words are meant to be changed though right?

So when you up in your down and you have no idea side left is grating that the windshield is craggy? You know what I mean? Its like side left ya know?
It is believed that same-sex marriage was a socially recognized institution at times in Ancient Greece and Rome, some regions of China, such as Fujian, and at certain times in ancient European history.

These gay marriages continued until Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire, when same sex marriage was banned and parties to them were executed (no special rights there!).

So it sounds like the Christians were the ones to change the meaning of marriage....

Old 03-05-2010, 11:36 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I agree with you. It's all about sex. Their attraction to the same sex which is what really sets them apart from normal society. If you saw what Britebart recently exposed about what they expose children to in the schools and what books are suggested reading for kids. It is all about sex. I believe they are a danger to society and our children. They sure seem to make sure they are in positions to influance them.
It's ironic that you fear homosexuals influencing kids so much, because you're by far the biggest danger to any kids out there; you're going to end up passing on this same warped, hateful bigotry to them.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:03 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
when women were fighting for the right to vote...people like you fought against it
Gays have the right to vote, how stupid to draw a parrallel. East coast, west coast and all the cities and urban areas in between, no one cares if you are gay. Just no slaves at work, don't come to work in drag or pretend you're a guy and then get knocked up. Oh, and don't try to redefine marriage.

I live in California and gays have all the state rights that hetro couples do. There is absolutely no discrimination here. Every office I've worked at, I've had openly gay colleagues. No one cares. I worked in DC, Philly, NYC too, again no one cares.

But even having achieved parity in California, you wanted to redefine marriage to be that between two sexes. Never in a dozen milleniums has marriage been between the same sex. Instead of California being a template, you made it a battle ground. And you lost the referendum and marriage was not redefined. Make California the template and stop pushing to redefine marriage.

Last edited by mossomo; 03-06-2010 at 12:09 AM.. Reason: !

Old 03-06-2010, 01:08 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

But even having achieved parity in California, you wanted to redefine marriage to be that between two sexes. Never in a dozen milleniums has marriage been between the same sex. Instead of California being a template, you made it a battle ground. And you lost the referendum and marriage was not redefined. Make California the template and stop pushing to redefine marriage.
You know, in the animal kingdom, there is no such thing as marriage.

Marriage is a social construct created by humans. Therefore, it can be changed by humans.

Also, from your post, it seems like you don't even know any gay couples (or gay people, for the matter) at all. It is very ignorant to flap out gay stereotypes which further discredits your post and your opinion.

Have you ever took the time to sit down with them and asked them how they feel about the "no marriage for gays" issue? Or even wonder what their life was growing up/being gay? And California, DC, Philly, and NYC are probably one of the more liberal State/City out there. Go to the conservative states and announce being gay and then come back.

What's the difference between Civil Unions and Marriage? The only thing is the "separate but equal" feel to it.

Even if we redefine the word marriage from "male + female" to "two consenting adults", would it hurt your life in any way? Do you sleep well at night knowing that someone out there can't get married? Do you go about life happy knowing that you are making someone else's life miserable? Are you jealous because a gay couple is having a happier time than your own relationship?

Read up on the hardships gay couples have to deal with and then come back

Last edited by Le Lune; 03-06-2010 at 01:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies