Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:16 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
I would love my child but I would not agree with my childs gay lifestyle.
And I wouldn,t want to be around my gay child if he decides to start acting flaming or flamboyant because that is just an act to justify a lifestyle.
Ya know, some people are just 'flaming' and/or flamboyant even if they aren't gay. Flamboyance has nothing to do with sexual orientation. And sexual orientation is NOT a lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 11:01 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I agree with you. It's all about sex. Their attraction to the same sex which is what really sets them apart from normal society. If you saw what Britebart recently exposed about what they expose children to in the schools and what books are suggested reading for kids. It is all about sex. I believe they are a danger to society and our children. They sure seem to make sure they are in positions to influance them.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:07 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
I don,t care to be around gays. Its that simple. If there are gays around I don,t want me or my kids to be subjected to their sexual ideology. I agree with don,t ask don,t tell. I find gays and gay sex objectionable and I don,t care to be around it. If im a bigot so what. I know the type of life I want to be subject to and *****s aren,t one of them.
There is a very good chance that you are around gays more than you know.

As a gay man I have no idea what "sexual ideology" is...perhaps you can fill me in...

Old 03-05-2010, 11:11 AM

241 posts, read 267,471 times
Honestly, I am tired of social conservatives, period. They think *they* are the only ones with the truth, and that they are "righteous(tm)," and then they go on and talk about freedom. what the heck?!

Old 03-05-2010, 11:13 AM

100 posts, read 244,740 times
Quote:
I would love my child but I would not agree with my childs gay lifestyle.
And I wouldn,t want to be around my gay child if he decides to start acting flaming or flamboyant because that is just an act to justify a lifestyle.
I hope you're not teaching your children your values. God forbid they would come out of the closet if they were born gay. I would hate to think of my child bringing home their new boyfriend and girlfriend with the same point of view. Although I seriously doubt my children would consider anyone who shared your point of view on the world. They are being raised to be accepting and loving of people regardless of their race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:23 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
It's really the anti-gay crowd that causes the problems. Example:

In California, during the few months when it was legal for same-sex couples to get married, over 18,000 same-sex couples got married, and almost nobody noticed. Everything was peaceful. And then came the anti-gay crowd with Prop. 8.

Suddenly, gays were demonized and told that they were "ruining" the country. The anti-gay crowd yelled and screamed about how their children were going to be "recruited into homosexuality" because of same-sex marriage. The measure passed by a small majority (52%), and understandably, a lot of Californians were angry - gay, straight, and in between.

The drama now continues in a federal court to strike down Prop. 8 as unconstitutional. The silver lining in all of this is that the anti-gay crowd's initiative may end up backfiring on them - big time. If Prop. 8 is struck down, it will open the door to making same-sex marriage legal throughout the entire country, not just in California.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:54 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
What, in that I have some?

p.s. I never offered up an "opinion on gays", so yes, please remain silent.
Sorry, but I don't bow down to the likes of you....you remain silent...there are enough bigots on the planet already.
I love that you keep posting these mean hearted posts though...it only proves my point...over, and over and over......no integrity, no character.
And I saw the little troll comment as well.....aren't you a little sweetheart?
So filled with love....come on under my bridge...we don't discriminate here darlin'.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:29 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Using your argument, should we then give respect, and rights to pedophiles? Who are we to say it is wrong, just because we find it grotesque doesn't mean the persons doing it think it is. Let's allow NAMBLA to flourish, eh?
Sweetie, pedophiles, rapists, and murderers are primarily straight. By your logic, we should hate all straight people

The difference between gay relationships and the other scenarios are that the two gay men are consenting. The others obviously aren't

Quote:
I happen to have a few Gay relatives, so my masculinity is not threatened by Gays.
Sure, you do. And sure you aren't

Quote:
Using the same reason you gave, and the fact that there are sick deviants who made this NAMBLA group, why should anyone say that NAMBLA is wrong? It is a group of men who like boys, and it is consentual.
Let's see here...children are not mentally and emotionally developed. That good enough a reason to disregard the whole "boys give consent" argument?

From your logic, sick straight people who brutally murder people and ruin our country should be accounted for right? That gives me a good reason to hate all straights then?

Old 03-05-2010, 04:32 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
Does it bother you that their are gay teachers that teach your kids?

ohhh, the humanity!

No gay teachers teach my kids and never will. I love my children and spend the money to assure they are taught by normal people that are more interested in my children's education education and not their personal agendas.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:57 PM

530 posts, read 780,107 times
It amazes me that with all the real threats to their children out there (violence, drugs, disease pick one there are plenty) some people are terrified at the thought of their children seeing examples of love and acceptance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies