Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 06:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times

Advertisements

No apologies, no respect for the will of the people, no shame about making back door deals to bribe a vote. This is change I can't believe in.

Last edited by pommysmommy; 03-14-2010 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: deals not bills
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 06:39 PM

170 posts, read 270,943 times
They don't care what the American people want. With some of the people who voted for Obama saying they wouldn't vote for him again. He is stuck on the John Kerry way of thinking, They voted for me BEFORE the they wouldn't vote for me.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:46 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Oh, come on. Are y'all completely oblivious as to how the people's business gets done? That's how Congress operates and always has, it's nothing new.

Not only is not new, but the Obama administration isn't even very good at it. Were Barack Obama someone who knows how to wield power and influnce, like Lyndon Johnson, we wouldn't still be talking about health care reform. It would have been done months ago.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:47 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Astounded at the Obama/Emanuel thug machine, no. Astounded that their seems to be a significant percentage of posters on CD find this wholly acceptable, yes. I fear for my country and its future. The future generations appear to be ready to extinguish the flame of liberty post haste.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
The corruption of the process, the dirty deals, the payback to supporters is truly unprecedented.

But when you are desperate, the lengths you will go to get a "victory" knows no bounds. He told us months ago if his obamacare didn't pass, it would destroy his presidency. I think he read that wrong. The behavior of obama and the democrats, to get a win at all costs, is what will destroy his presidency.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:01 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The corruption of the process, the dirty deals, the payback to supporters is truly unprecedented.

But when you are desperate, the lengths you will go to get a "victory" knows no bounds. He told us months ago if his obamacare didn't pass, it would destroy his presidency. I think he read that wrong. The behavior of obama and the democrats, to get a win at all costs, is what will destroy his presidency.

Unprecedented? LOL Not hardly! Unprecedented ineptness maybe.

Heck, the adminstration was virutally uninvolved in the whole process of crafting the health care reform bill. The President told Congress what he wanted, then sat back did not nothing for months. He didn't send HIS bill to the Hill, he didn't dispatch his operatives to guide and manipulate the process, as any reasonably astute President would have done. He did no arm twisting, no back scratching...nothing for months on end. In essence he let Congress write whatever bill they wanted and that's how we got this 2400 page monstrosity loaded with lard. What else would anyone expect Congress to create with any guidance?

Y'all are blaming Obama for something he had very little input into. Now, of course, that the whole thing is about to collapse around his ears, he's come up with something akin to his own bill and is having to twist arms and break heads WITHIN HIS OWN PARTY just to get something passed.

Instead of bemoaning the tactics used (mostly by members of Congress and it's leadership, not the President), you ought to be concerned about his almost total lack of leadership during the whole process.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:24 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
I am not concerned by his lack of leadership because I knew from the very beginning that Obama was a puppet President. He and his puppeteers are brazen enough to think they can ram legislation through against the will of the people. They can but the American people will sound off loud and clear on election day.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Heck, the adminstration was virutally uninvolved in the whole process of crafting the health care reform bill.
Totally, completely false.

Who do you think was closeted behind closed doors for months, crafting these bills? The WH, pelosi and reid AND their representatives.

If you buy that load of garbage that obama/WH was hands off, I got a bridge for you.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:49 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Oobama and his crew are the most corrupt of any to date! Nov cant come soon enough! Then some dems will be out on their arse! Ha

Old 03-14-2010, 08:00 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Gee, I wonder if all the whiners were equally upset at Dick Cheney's response when told 2/3s of the American people didn't support the Iraq war.

Just to remind the short memoried Neo-Confused, that response was : "SO?"

Or are they all just hypocrites who believe only those of one party should act according to the will of the people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies