Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:35 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The essence of your argument:

Damned if he does

Damned if he doesn't

Where have I heard that before?

hummmm --

Bush. We had to listen to the racist people whine about Bush for 8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 06:39 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Invading/occupying a country that's done nothing to you and poses no imminent threat to you is by no stretch of the imagination 'defense'. Especially when recent events have created no doubt as to where the real threat lies.
And just, in your opinion, is the real threat to our lives? They can come back you know. In fact, they never left.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
And just, in your opinion, is the real threat to our lives? They can come back you know. In fact, they never left.
And they, in fact, never had a toe hold in Iraq.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Where have I heard that before?

hummmm --

Bush. We had to listen to the racist people whine about Bush for 8 years.

Please, do explain that statment

Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Those Dems, always concerned with themselves and not the greater good of foreign peoples....

Yeah, right Unlike the bleeding heart NeoConfused, always concerned with everyone except Americans as well as more concerned over diploid cells than living, brathing people, eh?

Old 03-15-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There isnt a dam thing you can say to justify the war in Afghanistan that cant be said about Iraq..
No? There was much more evidence of training camps in Afghanistan than in Iraq, that doesn't count? Get a clue, our attackers were terrorists, NOT anyone from/trained in Iraq.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiery23 View Post
Nope, not this member of the Millenials. I am not proud in the least of the direction in which our country is going, and I have taken plenty of time to educate myself on the issues. Several of my friends are also in tune with what is going on, and they are dumbfounded at the rampant corruption and power grabs occurring in our political system.

It may take a few more years, but I think we are getting close to a tipping point at which Americans will demand true reform and change for our system, and I am hopeful we can make it happen. There's a lot of dissatisfaction bubbling up in the heartland. I care too much about this country to see our freedoms compromised and our republic taken away, and I'm sure there are a lot of folks who agree with me.
The problem I see with this is too many Americans disagree with one another. It's apples and oranges. With out any agreement to what is right---, it'll never happen. No one has a clear definition of what is, to work with. We all believe we are right and every one else is wrong, soo...with that comes insanity. Not a united front. We have labeled ourselves into huge disagreements. Can we say, confusion? I know what I say when I listen to all--the tower of babble.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I have noticed that about the Democrats...

Talking about the US, they use 'benefit those less fortunate' as justification for everything and anything, but when it comes down to international affairs, its all about 'me'...

selfish!!!

As I notice the continual hypocrisy of the NeoConfused: "Let's go half-way around the world to allegedly help others while telling Americans 'You're on your own' "

Old 03-15-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Why you think?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
YES THEY DID, and STILL DO...
Quote:
No? There was much more evidence of training camps in Afghanistan than in Iraq, that doesn't count? Get a clue, our attackers were terrorists, NOT anyone from/trained in Iraq.
If of course you want to ignore all of those terrorists training camps IN Iraq.. And you tell me to get a clue.. why dont you bother to read reports before you open up your mouth and prove who doesnt have the clue..

Last edited by pghquest; 03-15-2010 at 08:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies