Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:50 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
No apologies, no respect for the will of the people, no shame about making back door deals to bribe a vote. This is change I can't believe in.
Not to defend Obama...but for purposes of assessing the balance of your reasoning, were you also astounded by the overt strong-arm tactics employed by Bush and his puppeteers during his eight years in office? I mean, that guy all but wiped his ass with the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 09:51 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
We have a Constitutional mandate to provide for the common defense. No war is ever popular after the first two years, but they, unlike a government takeover of health care, are necessary.

Just look at what these blood thirsty, war mongering Democrats had to say on the subject.

YouTube - Democrats before Iraq War started....

No arm twisting going on here.
You hit a grand slam with this video! Thanks for posting!

Another reason liberals are the laughing-stock of the nation.

You should start another thread with this video so that we can rub liberal noses in the dog sh*t that they deposit on this forum.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Not to defend Obama...but were you also astounded by the overt strong-arm tactics employed by Bush and his puppeteers during his eight years in office? I just have to ask for purposes of balance.
Bush was not a puppet President unlike Obama. The Bush administration does not even compare to this administration when it comes to arm twisting and behind the scenes deals for votes.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:10 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Bush was not a puppet President unlike Obama. The Bush administration does not even compare to this administration when it comes to arm twisting and behind the scenes deals for votes.
L O L

Way to go...be all shocked and outraged by the strong-arm tactics of the Democrat in power...and follow like a sheep when it's the strong-arm tactics of a Republican in power.

Between the carrying on of two pointless Vietnam-like quagmires, the trampling of human rights and torturing of people in secret overseas prisons, the spying on citizens and secretly eroding Constitutional rights behind the scenes, the pushing through of huge tax breaks for the very rich via reconciliation while the middle class watched their jobs be outsourced overseas...tell me which of Bush's policies WEREN'T strong-arm and highly despised by the vast majority of "the people" by the end of his presidency?

Your credibility on anything to do with "the will of the people" and strong-arm tactics is precisely ZERO. Thank you, play again.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:20 PM

60 posts, read 65,418 times
I agree that thug politics is from old school but the submission level the people are returning is unprecedented. Is this because of the new way of thinking instead of old blood and guts from WW2?

For instance, I'm pretty sure if Emanuel Rohm approached LBJ in the shower like that, he'd be a squaking a few octaves higher pitch by now.

Speaking of which, what's the deal with Rohm's buddies over in Israel thumbing their nose at Mr. Obama so blatantly and in such an embarrassing manner? That was not necessary and I see a pattern here.

Someone needs a knee... or two..

Old 03-14-2010, 10:22 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,956 times
Oh boy, the conspiracies are thick here!

Dope companies can't produce enough psych meds for this group.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:27 PM

60 posts, read 65,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Oh boy, the conspiracies are thick here!

Dope companies can't produce enough psych meds for this group.

you forgot to say anti-semite. You must be slipping.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:39 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The corruption of the process, the dirty deals, the payback to supporters is truly unprecedented.

But when you are desperate, the lengths you will go to get a "victory" knows no bounds. He told us months ago if his obamacare didn't pass, it would destroy his presidency. I think he read that wrong. The behavior of obama and the democrats, to get a win at all costs, is what will destroy his presidency.
Oh my! I think I my faint as well!

All those people charged with crimes!

Unlike the Bush Adminstration who was so clean and open!

Like Scooter Libby! And admitted torturer Dick Cheney!

And these felons

Thomas Noe, October 27, 2005
Noe, Chairman of President Bush's 2004 re-election campaign in northwest Ohio, and a major fund-raiser for Bush's re-election campaign, was indicted by a federal grand jury on three counts for allegedly laundering money into President Bush’s re-election campaign.

Per the Toledo-Blade newspaper, "The three-count indictment says that beginning in October 2003, Mr. Noe contributed to President Bush’s election campaign 'over and above the limits established by the Federal Election Campaign Act.' The two other counts were for conspiracy and filing false statements.

The indictment alleges Mr. Noe’s actions caused false statements to the Federal Elections Commission and defrauded the United States and that he directed his conduit donors to fill out the false statements. Mr. Noe faces the maximum penalty of five years in prison on each count."

David H. Safavian, October 2005
Per MSNBC, "In October 2005, David H. Safavian, the top procurement official for President Bush, resigned. Three days later, he was arrested and indicted on five felony counts connected to criminal investigation of lobbyist Jack Abramoff. At the time the indictment covered, from May 2002 to January 2004, Safavian had been serving as the chief of staff at the General Services Administration. Case pending. "

The majority leaders of both houses of Congress, both close associates of the Bush Administration, are also currently facing criminal charges or pending investigation of criminal charges.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:40 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
And those strong arm tactics of the elected majority telling the minority they are going to do it there way!

The nerve!

What's a white, bitter, disenfranchised redneck to do????

We're "entitled" to run the government don't you know? We're the "real Americans"....LOL

Old 03-14-2010, 10:49 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,350,606 times
I can't think of a time when the House of Representative ever attempted to pass a bill without actually voting on it. It will be interesting to see if they actually go through with trying to use the "Slaughter Rule."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies