Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is voting for the health care bill on a Sunday an "affront to God"?
Yes 14 22.95%
No 46 75.41%
Not sure 1 1.64%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:27 PM

4,081 posts, read 5,611,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He would be proud of the U.S. for taking steps to take better care of all of its citizens.
By citizens, you mean Health Insurance Corporations right?

The Bill cost $950,000,000? right?

Those are tax dollars (citizens money)

Who's going to receive the money? yep.

This bill makes zero sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 07:28 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Holy crap when is this Beck jackass going to be irrelevant again?
He IS irrelevant to those amongst us who aren't brainwashed...

Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,231,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Maybe you shouldnt be posting on an open board if you dont want people to comment on your post
No..my problem is when you make it personal. Comment on the subject at hand...not on what you perceive to be my personal beliefs. In that respect mind your business and don't make this personal.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
This bill makes zero sense.
If you're concerned about having your health insurance revoked by your insurance company, or getting health care with a preexisting condition, the bill makes a lot of sense.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:33 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Religious groups doing it free of any tax burden is more sickening
Tax burden? What tax burden?
In the USA, all taxes are limited to that which is not a right.
No government has the power to tax a right, that it is obligated to protect.
The question you should ask of "your" representative :
"When did my right to own, work, spend, and live become a revenue taxable privilege?"

What privilege, granted by government, empowers their tax of your right to life, liberty and private property ownership?
What privilege, granted by government, empowers their tax of your remuneration for your labors?
Or your contracts? (transaction taxes, i.e., retail sales tax)

In my own experience, they tend to not answer these questions. So I looked into the law books. You may rest assured that they have never, ever violated the natural and personal liberty of the people.

But [expletive deleted], I pity those poor subject peons, that have consented to be governed, taxed, and regulated unto death.

Remember, pursuant to the Declaration of Independence, governments have two jobs:
1. Secure rights, and
2. Govern those who consent.

And once consent is given, job #1 is waived.
(Look up the court rulings on obligatory military duty - it's not "involuntary servitude"!)

Old 03-18-2010, 07:33 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,231,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If you're concerned about having your health insurance revoked by your insurance company, or getting health care with a preexisting condition, the bill makes a lot of sense.
Also, if you care about losing your insurance because you got laid off or changing jobs...this bill makes sense.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:35 PM

289 posts, read 311,437 times
Quote:
Government doesn't "give" us rights. It protects the rights we received from our Creator.
Now if only we could decide which "Creator" is the real one....

Old 03-18-2010, 07:36 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
Quote:

Also, if you care about losing your insurance because you got laid off or changing jobs...this bill makes sense.
But what does not make sense - is ignoring the cause of the skyrocketing cost of buying medical care.

Who else but government created:
[] inflation,
[] malpractice tort abuse,
[] "defensive" medicine,
[] administrative overload (which requires an office staff - at our expense),
[] restriction and regulatory abuse,
[] taxation (which migrates to the retail price for buying care), and
[] bureaucracy costs.

Funny thing about "health care reform" - it does little to reduce the government created problems.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:37 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
No..my problem is when you make it personal. Comment on the subject at hand...not on what you perceive to be my personal beliefs. In that respect mind your business and don't make this personal.
This is an open forum sorry.

I am able to post my opinion just as you are long as I dont violate the rules.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:42 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
We once when househunting and signed a contract on a house on Sunday. I will try my best to never let that happen again. That house purchase was a nightmare from day one. We ended up selling it and losing about $9,000 on the sale.

Our country is run by a bunch of heathens. They would do better to get down on their knees and pray than to be trying to make laws on Sunday. Especially when a majority of the people in the country do not want this health bill passed. I saw the statistics tonight and 48% do not want the bill passed and 38% do. I am surprised that many people in the United States want us to change to communism and this health bill will be the first step to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies