Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 02:55 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

I will cut to the chase.

We have a HUGE underground cash economy.

IMO, the government asked for it.

Many people are drawing unemployment and working for cash.

The same with welfare and SSI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 02:55 PM

68 posts, read 45,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
How are you planning to hide your inheritance? We had to pay taxes on my mother's estate, after she died. Dad died first, no taxes were due as all went to mom. The income on her investments was reported to the IRS. You'd be in deep s*** not to pay the taxes. Again, use all the legal means you can to reduce the amount you owe.

Im not planning anything i just want to have a debate about if its immoral to not pay taxes to a corrupt government.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:57 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is it patriotic for our government to take our earnings from us and re-distribute it to non-producers?

Is it patriotic for the Federal Reserve to keep their accounting books closed from our elected representatives?

So I guess your answer is "Yes", and you are just finding ways to validate not paying your taxes?

Old 03-21-2010, 02:58 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Honestly, I don't care if nobody pays their taxes. In fact I'd love to see it, everyone refuse to pay and crash the system. we started a revolution over less taxes than we have now. But do beware of the dangers of doing so. I use a lot of legal loopholes myself, but avoid anything illegal because it's not worth the risks...

Old 03-21-2010, 03:06 PM

This is the best way.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040sc.pdf

Old 03-21-2010, 03:09 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I will cut to the chase.

We have a HUGE underground cash economy.
And it will grow MUCH larger.

Quote:
IMO, the government asked for it.

Many people are drawing unemployment and working for cash.

The same with welfare and SSI.
Expect that to increase... exponentially.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And it will grow MUCH larger.

Expect that to increase... exponentially.
I agree.

I paid cash for two new trucks. I got a great deal.

Of course, I have no idea what they will tell the IRS.

Don't care.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I agree.

I paid cash for two new trucks. I got a great deal.

Of course, I have no idea what they will tell the IRS.

Don't care.
We've paid cash for most of our cars. That is not "underground". Are you saying you didn't pay tax on these trucks?

Old 03-21-2010, 03:19 PM

839 posts, read 982,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMaine View Post
What do you guys think?
If patriotism is understood as love and support of country, then the answer is obviously no. In today's world, country and state are inseparable, the US is it's government. If you are patriotic, then you are a supporter of your government which entails paying the price for living in a highly-developed, modern state. Modern life in a developed-country entails paying taxes; our society, our country is so complex in terms of its economic system, it's social system, it's infrastructure, that you have to have a strong state with substantial economic power to maintain it. If you look at the worlds approximate 30 or so highly-developed countries, we have some of the lowest (and most regressive) tax systems. In most developed countries people pay more in taxes and, in at least 10 of those countries, the standard of living is higher than it is here!

I've always been perplexed by radical right-wingers who profess a love of country while simultaneously professing a hate and distrust of government; these are contradictory views. What they really have is a love of anarchy and an aversion to authority, yet all the while they reap the benefits of government (largely without their knowledge). The guns, food, electricity, water, vehicles, gas, etc. that these individuals buy... are only able to be bought with the ease that they are because of government regulation, payments, etc. The roads they drive on, the laws that make those roads relatively safe when compared to developing countries, the communication infrastructure they rely on, the cops and firemen they call when in danger, all these are provided by government. The financial safety net they rely on exists because of the government.

What's really interesting is that a lot of the so-called private social safety nets that people rely on exist because of government intervention: employer-provided health insurance, 401ks and the like are not natural outgrowths of an unregulated free market. These exist because the government incentivized their creation through a largely subterranean political process known as tax expenditures combined with extensive regulation to ensure a minimal level of reliability.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:21 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Could you guys just start a list with your real names so that it will make it easier for me to report you to the IRS for tax evasion?

Thanks for your cooperation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies