Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 04:51 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times

Advertisements

What a relief to know this coward won't be stationed in the same place as my son-in-law. I wouldn't want any warrior to have to depend on this coward in their time of need.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:52 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"For the first time in all my years of service to our great nation, and at great peril to my career and future, I am choosing to disobey what I believe are illegal orders, including an order to deploy to Afghanistan for my second tour of duty there.

I will disobey my orders to deploy because I – and I believe all servicemen and women and the American people – deserve the truth about President Obama’s constitutional eligibility to the office of the presidency and the commander in chief."

Lieutenant Colonel Terry Lakin (selected for promotion to Colonel)

Not an April Fools’ joke: Army officer defies orders unless Obama shows birth certificate « Iowa Independent (http://iowaindependent.com/31168/not-an-april-fools%E2%80%99- - broken link)
joke-army-officer-defies-orders-unless-obama-shows-birth-certificate
Methinks Col Lakin is the April Fool, unless Obama personally signed his deployment orders. I hear the sound of his career being flushed down the toilet

Old 04-01-2010, 05:02 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
This active duty field grade army officer documented his concerns about Obama's alleged birth certificate. Now he’s acting on them.
What the hell sort of army are you running where you can refuse orders with that sort of excuse? "Sorry, Sergeant, I refuse to attack that bunker until I personally get to inspect the Colonel's commission as an officer. I suspect his grades from West Point were forged."

That'll make for an effective fighting force, all right.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:03 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/Larkin_to_Gen_Casey1.jpg (broken link)

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/Larkin_to_Gen_Casey2.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-01-2010, 05:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
soon to be ex officer.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:04 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
He's an M.D. for pete's sake, he can make a fortune on the outside, this is just a way to get out of the Army, quickly, and get his 15 minutes of fame while he's at it. We probably paid for his education to boot. Shame on him.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
He's an M.D. for pete's sake, he can make a fortune on the outside, this is just a way to get out of the Army, quickly, and get his 15 minutes of fame while he's at it. We probably paid for his education to boot. Shame on him.
Please read paragraph 10 of his memorandum to General Casey.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:19 PM

Some info about the UCMJ, Article 138 that LTC Larkin used and cited in his complaint.

"The UCMJ, Article 138, is another provision for protecting individual rights. Members of the Armed Forces who believe they are wronged by their commanding officer may request redress under the provisions of Article 138.

A member may use Article 138 when a discretionary act or failure to act by a commander adversely affects the member personally.

Examples include acts that violate law or regulation; those that exceed the legitimate authority of the commander; ones that are arbitrarily, capricious, or an abuse of discretion; or those that clearly apply administrative standards unfairly...."

Source: AFPAM 36-2241

Old 04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Some info about the UCMJ, Article 138 that LTC Larkin used and cited in his complaint.

"The UCMJ, Article 138, is another provision for protecting individual rights. Members of the Armed Forces who believe they are wronged by their commanding officer may request redress under the provisions of Article 138.

A member may use Article 138 when a discretionary act or failure to act by a commander adversely affects the member personally.

Examples include acts that violate law or regulation; those that exceed the legitimate authority of the commander; ones that are arbitrarily, capricious, or an abuse of discretion; or those that clearly apply administrative standards unfairly...."

Source: AFPAM 36-2241
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. And your bunch called people cowards who refused to fight because of religious reasons in other wars. And when W lied us into war that took thousands of lives without reason you called people who protested that waste commies and traitors. But this coward latches onto the ravings of a lunatic as a way to try to duck deployment and they are a "great soldier." Too bad that love of country doesn't outweigh the hatred of the President. I know I will never take the neo cons protestations of being "patriots" seriously again.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. And your bunch called people cowards who refused to fight because of religious reasons in other wars. And when W lied us into war that took thousands of lives without reason you called people who protested that waste commies and traitors. But this coward latches onto the ravings of a lunatic as a way to try to duck deployment and they are a "great soldier." Too bad that love of country doesn't outweigh the hatred of the President. I know I will never take the neo cons protestations of being "patriots" seriously again.

Any soldier in his position is faced with a difficult choice between having to submit to his commanders no matter what and the possibility of issuing illegal orders.

Those with the highest sense of morals and understanding of basic constitutional principles will find greater weight with the possibility of issuing illegal orders.

Those who are more likely to follow the crowd and act according to blind faith in their leaders will more likely choose following orders no matter what.

LTC Lakin appears to be a man of particularly strong character, with an extremely high sense of morals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies