Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 09:39 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Yeah, I have nothing better to do than track down an unsubstantiated rumor. I'll get right on that, right after I verify that Elvis sighting in South Park last week...
As far as I know and looking at the general quality of the work done on Investment research | Front Page - The Blacker the Berry, the Smaller the Market Share? September 10th, 2010 by Reggie Middleto It was not an unsubstaniated rumor. He looks at the hard data when he does his thing. My thinking is that he may have been pressured into pulling the article for political reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 06:02 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Amazing how blind people are.

What about Schlage lock company, 100+ years now GONE on Obamas watch.

In my hometown we had several plants that employed anywhere from 200 to 5000 people. Now all gone with the last plant closing announced.

The next town has a tractor parts manufacturing plant with 350 employees and they are saying they wont make it if Obama repeals the Bush tax cuts and they get nailed with the fraudulent HC that will cost them tons of money.

All of this happening on Obamas watch and some people stick their head in the sand and not see what is going on.

Folks, things are getting worse, far worse then any of us have experienced. We are seeing small towns turning into ghost towns right before our eyes.

Record foreclosures, bankruptcies continue month after month.

The economy is firing all right, firing the American workers and taking their homes from them.

Whoever believes things are getting any better should not be allowed to allowed out of their home as they are a danger to society.

And then Obama was not smart enough to force GM to agree not to build anything outside of the US if they get back on track. No wonder he failed as an attorney.

GM IS NOW RUNNING TO MEXICO WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS. Thanks to stupid in the WH.
Vise-Grips are gone to Mexico, Weber (Grills) is thinking about it. Freightliner is gone,.. On Obama's watch... that makes it somehow more upsetting, more criminal, worse somehow that the hundreds, no, millions of jobs that went offshore during the Bush era? I get that you have a hard one for Obama but you seriously need to get a grip because Obama is not your problem. Schlagle chooses to relocate their manufacturing, I don't believe for a second that they aren't rolling in cash; that it isn't pouring out their behinds. Relocating will bring them even more revenue and that is why they are doing it. Period. End of story. All you wingnuts beating on Obama online will deserve unemployment when it comes. Probably, though, you have never had to worry about work. It simply feels good to perform online and sling the trash talk. There is worse than being unemployed, Sunny. The corporations have done much, much worse than twist Obama, they have nuked our air, our water, our food and seen to it that the remainder man's reign on earth will be measured in decades rather than millenia. So go ahead, get that post count as high as you can while warning us of the coming doom. Got news, it isn't coming, its here. Every day 36 children are diagnosed with cancer. Every day a classroom's worth of autistic or otherwise mentally impaired children are born. You think adult unemployment is bad? Teen unemployment in the U.S. is the highest in the developed world. Obama's watch... I sigh in your general direction.

H

Old 09-12-2010, 10:17 PM

Add Harley-Davidson to the list of iconic American companies looking wistfully to Mexico. Tell me that decades of success have left H-D so depleted that they simply have no choice but to use low wage labor south of the border in order to pay outrageous American corporate taxes. I wasn't born 5'10" and 180lbs! If the most successful motorcycle company ever cannot pay it's workforce union scale and laugh all the way to the bank then maybe they need to go out of business. That or leave America entirely. As in, incorporate in Mexico! Adios and good luck? I'd have more respect for them if they simply said "we just can't do business in America so, so long and thanks for all the fish". To build a factory in Mexico and staff it with Mexican nationals and crate the Hog's and truck them into dealerships all over the U.S. and solicit even more in investor dollars on the NASDAQ from their corporate headquarters in Milwaukie, Wis. I'm sorry, anyone who feels sorry for Willie G. and company if they pull something as anti-American as to outsource to Mexico is not worth the arguing with. Stop blaming Obama for what is actually out of control corporate greed!

H

Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Stop blaming Obama for what is actually out of control corporate greed!

H
Can we at least have your permission to blame him for breaking his promise to renegotiate NAFTA?

Old 09-13-2010, 08:50 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
One has to rememebr that the economy has to create 125'000 jobs a month just to comeout even when you consider the new people entering the workforce.
I think you misunderstand.

It's 150,000 to 200,000 new jobs to absorb new entrants into the work force and those who voluntarily left (for school or family reasons). In order to absorb the new people and put all those who lost their jobs back to work (to reduce unemployment down to the 4%-5% range), they'd have to create 400,000 jobs per month every month for the next 36-40 months or so.

Not gonna happen.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:28 AM

Default WARNING: Race Card in Play

Quote:
Can we at least have your permission to blame him for breaking his promise to renegotiate NAFTA?
I was not aware that Obama 'promised' to renegotiate NAFTA. But could it perhaps be a bit premature to claim he has 'broken' said promise only 1/2way through his first term? So, since you are asking, no. America is behind the 8-Ball because Stupid White Men have trashed our collective rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness in favor of Corporate Interests. A brother didn't need to go anywhere near that pile while it was still radioactive. I could blame Obama for further putting the tattered reputation of the black race in harms way for attempting the impossible to satisfy personal ambition. Did he not realize he would be made into a scapegoat for the cumulative mistakes of the SWM in power before him? I have seen several credible analysts go on record saying that Obama's race has galvanized the usual partisan gamesmanship to a degree never seen before. It is beyond ugly and about all that is needed at this point are some electioneering fatalities scattered around the country to bring America fully into the Third World political experience of politics as civil war surrogate. Personally I think America could have done without this inward look at the darkness and backwardness festering in the deep places of the collective heart but we are in the moment. This is the hand we have been dealt. Are we going to be predictable and mindlessly go along with the crowd? I guess some are.

H

Old 09-17-2010, 11:35 AM
C.C

Quote:
I was not aware that Obama 'promised' to renegotiate NAFTA.
H
And yet you show great concern over Harley Davidson moving jobs from WI to Mexico???

Old 09-17-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
And yet you show great concern over Harley Davidson moving jobs from WI to Mexico???
??? What ever are you talking about? What does my not knowing that Obama promised to renegotiate NAFTA have to do with current events? My argument is that the claims by some that unions and taxes are forcing Fortune 500 companies to relocate abroad are nothing but c*ck and b*ll blathering. Ameribusiness is 2 Trillion+ dollars in the black to tide them over till they feel like playing ball again. They don't need anyone's sympathy. I consider the present situation the lockout by which all others will be judged and playing the blame game like you want to do, does not get it solved.

H

Old 09-17-2010, 12:09 PM
C.C

Quote:
??? What ever are you talking about? What does my not knowing that Obama promised to renegotiate NAFTA have to do with current events? My argument is that the claims by some that unions and taxes are forcing Fortune 500 companies to relocate abroad are nothing but c*ck and b*ll blathering. Ameribusiness is 2 Trillion+ dollars in the black to tide them over till they feel like playing ball again. They don't need anyone's sympathy. I consider the present situation the lockout by which all others will be judged and playing the blame game like you want to do, does not get it solved.

H
It just seems odd to me that someone concerned about jobs moving to Mexico could be unaware of an often-repeated campaign promise to renegotiate NAFTA. I would have thought that would be rather important to people in a state like WI - it certainly was in my state...

Old 09-17-2010, 12:29 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
You gotta love these people... lol
We only create money from thin air, to pay for things we dont need and or dont even know what or who we are bailing out. Its like using a credit card to pay off another credit card and thinking you have money to spend. So people decided to spend money this quater BIG DEAL. We have tax cuts that might be extented we are still 14 trillion in debit and think these "new numbers" mean anything.
When you dont have borrow money from china to pay for your govenrment to keep the lights on you might have something.

So while all this is going on and government created the mess with its finincal bubbles and extended banking credits in the first place yet we expect the mess to be solved by more the same.
What have they done other then bailout some banks and some companies with YOUR MONEY!!!?
How is it sales are up form governments sudden actions? What government programs made you go out and spend some money?
Next they will say the christmas temp hirings will be the solution to unemployment.
Just watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies