Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 06:27 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,518,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I hope not, but hon, all the verbal high-fiving and happiness surrounding these dire "predictions" say otherwise.
well, "hon" just trying to lighten things up a little. Everyone is way too serious here, especially considering all are nothing more that everyones best guess.

Lordbalfor, see you in the near future and we will continue this,
my prediction is DOW 10,000 before DOW 12,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 06:28 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Following up Fridays positive job numbers, and the continuing pick up in factory orders and retail sales, todays service sector report shows a surge in that sector as well. This summer things are going to really start to pick up.
The long nightmare is coming to an end.

The U.S. services sector grew in March at its fastest pace in nearly four years, according to an industry report released on Monday. The ISM non-manufacturing index rose to 55.4 in March. The Institute for Supply Management said its services index jumped to 55.4, its strongest reading since May 2006, from 53.0 in February.

News Headlines (http://www.cnbc.com/id/36175964 - broken link)
Ken
YEP, I too believe it is starting to hit ( FIRE) on all cylinders problem is, no one thought water in the radiator , so as before we will race up the road to recovery and we will burn up the motor before we get to the top of the recovery process. so much for that ride.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:31 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
YEP, I too believe it is starting to hit ( FIRE) on all cylinders problem is, no one thought water in the radiator , so as before we will race up the road to recovery and we will burn up the motor before we get to the top of the recovery process. so much for that ride.
Better yet, we're putting in water to dilute the gasoline (printing money). Pretty soon, the car will fail to run and the engine will likely be permanently damaged as a result of the watered down fuel.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:35 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Did I make month to month predictions?
No you didn't - and this after saying "in a few short MONTHS..."
You then turn around and start instead to talk about years.
And YES I know years are made of months - but your know, when someone says "months" I expect then to talk about "months" (not YEARS). Talking about things YEARS away when your earlier prediction had been mentioning MONTHS sounds like rapid backpedaling to me.

But whatever...

Ken

Old 04-05-2010, 06:36 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
Up hill.
With a cracked block, warped heads, and a thrown rod.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
No you didn't - and this after saying "in a few short MONTHS..."
You then turn around and start instead to talk about years.
And YES I know years are made of months - but your know, when someone says "months" I expect then to talk about "months" (not YEARS). Talking about things YEARS away when your earlier prediction had been mentioning MONTHS sounds like rapid backpedaling to me.

But whatever...

Ken
In a few short months there will be signs of a double dip recession, mostly from expanded foreclosures due to the homebuyer credit expiring and home values dropping. A few months might mean 8-9 months as well. The inflation picture and other things are structural problems with our debt and they will begin to surface in the coming years. Might be shorter, but I want to be conservative about my prediction.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:39 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
In a few short months there will be signs of a double dip recession, mostly from expanded foreclosures due to the homebuyer credit expiring and home values dropping. A few months might mean 8-9 months as well. The inflation picture and other things are structural problems with our debt and they will begin to surface in the coming years. Might be shorter, but I want to be conservative about my prediction.
I'll at least give you credit for making a detailed prediction.
I disagree of course, but so what? It's YOUR prediction.

Ken

Old 04-05-2010, 06:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
LOL. Or...they may be more months but shorter ones (like February, which only has 28 or 29 days depending upon the year, after all). Or they may be fewer months but longer ones, or...or it might not happen this year, but...well...when we say "months," sometimes we mean "years" and...well...you know........

Hon, Miss Cleo called. She said you're not even accurate enough for her, but wishes you luck on any future job interviews with other phone psychics.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL. Or...they may be more months but shorter ones (like February, which only has 28 or 29 days depending upon the year, after all). Or they may be fewer months but longer ones, or...or it might not happen this year, but...well...when we say "months," sometimes we mean "years" and...well...you know........

Hon, Miss Cleo called. She said you're not even accurate enough for her, but wishes you luck on any future job interviews with other phone psychics.
I can wait a few months to be rewarded handsomely on my schadenfreude investments.

Any economist who can tell you what's going to go on from month to month is lying worse than a politician.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:55 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Following up Fridays positive job numbers, and the continuing pick up in factory orders and retail sales, todays service sector report shows a surge in that sector as well. This summer things are going to really start to pick up.
The long nightmare is coming to an end.

The U.S. services sector grew in March at its fastest pace in nearly four years, according to an industry report released on Monday. The ISM non-manufacturing index rose to 55.4 in March. The Institute for Supply Management said its services index jumped to 55.4, its strongest reading since May 2006, from 53.0 in February.

News Headlines (http://www.cnbc.com/id/36175964 - broken link)

Ken
The reality is, when you wake up, you will see the nightmare is going to get worse.........from one of your own, Robert Reich (No Jobs Recovery) "Second, since the start of the Great Recession, the economy has lost 8.4 million jobs and failed to create another 2.7 million needed just to keep up with population growth. That means we’re more than 11 million in the hole right now. And that hole keeps deepening every month we fail to add at least 150,000 new jobs, again reflecting population growth."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies