Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Who do those people take their orders from? Somehow I bet Pelosi had Stupak on the carpet many more than one time.

It is that progressive wing that is killing the Democrat Party as the others come to realize what they are doing. Progressive is a nice way of saying far left and they deserve to be called progs.

Fine, call me and other progressives "progs"..Big Deal..We're proud of our standing.

Of course, this stands in sharp contrast to all the RW sniveling I've seen around here when your kind are referred to as "teabaggers" or "rednecks"..

It appears to me like you can dish it out but can't take it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 AM

533 posts, read 318,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Thanks for the info about the region Stupak represented. Now tell us did he represent those he was elected by or some other group when he took his bloc to the Yes group. Somehow it does seem that he got a lot of something from the House and Senate leadership for doing what he did. Changing that vote seems to me to be a slap in the face ti the Catholic Church.

Stupak is about to hold a news conference and some information may come out during it. I will be listening, I assure you.
What "bloc"? he had no more than maybe three to five people.

Look, your imagination...."Somehow it does seem that he got a lot of something" is nothing more than your imagination. Try to find some evidence that there was something given to stupak in exchange for his vote. when you find that evidence, please be sure to let us all know immediately. Otherwise, it's just your "imagination" working overtime, or your believe. How about just saying "I believe" so-and-so?

Old 04-09-2010, 09:27 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,242 times
I think many of you are mistaking satisfaction for hate. I don't hate Stupak..but there's a definite feeling of satisfaction in hearing of his resignation.

We're seeing the very worst of the political machine lately. It's ugly, it's frustrating. Stupak was a man of certain values and morals; held the HC debate hostage for those values. And then sold out for a completely worthless piece of paper. Largely because of him, a bill was passed that the majority of Americans didn't want. So, yes, I'm happy to see him go.

I'll be equally satisfied if Spector loses. Another smarmy politician who will sell out principles to the highest bidder.

Same with Kucinich...sold out for a joy ride on Air Force One. Same for Blanch Lincoln.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if these politicians see that their actions do have consequences, we'll have a more credible government.

So...no hate. Just satisfaction.

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
The liberals eat their own like wolves. Zero loyalty or tolerance for any dissension or difference in beliefs and when someone is no longer an assett, they are cast out. Until that time, of course, they can do as they please and face no discipline.
At least conservatives defend their own, even after they can no longer serve the party. Neither side is to be admired, but at least conservatives look after their own.

8,733 posts, read 15,945,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
He is also associated with the C Street house of which various members/tenants are under scrutiny- and he probably prefers to be well out of that one too.
There is no doubt He was digging a hole hard to crawl out of for himself. I told Bart that personally. I still do believe Bart's problems are based on his religions convictions, and not those of the people he represents as a whole. A very tough place to be , one that has caused Him to become a target, along with his family. being effective in office representing His people would be a hard road to travel from here on out. Not running for office I guess, is his only sane choice.
he will today announce his intentions at the " Dome" in Marquette. The worlds largest wooden structure, a sight to see in itself....Watch it live on TV if you can.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:28 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Libs shouldnt be too worried about old Bart. He will end up with some great job making insane money when the dust settles.

I am sure that was part of the deal he made with the Chicago mad man.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:28 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Coming from a remote, mostly sane District, Bart S. and Family has been overwhelmed with hate mail, midnight obscene phone calls, public harassment on the streets and towns across the Country.
Tough on Bart Stupak.

It's his fault for creating the situation, leading the nation on for weeks and weeks, then folding at the last moment. Stupak didn't have to create this mess. If he was a truly conscientious man he would not have let everything get out of control. He acted like a the moral arbiter of the Democratic party, holding their feet to the pro-life fires, then folded like a cheap suit. Democrats are now firmly the abortion party.

Bart Stupak created this situation and now he has to deal with the consequences of his decision. Tough on him.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:29 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Sounds like an often represented happening, however , you are reading Bart wrong....just not the case. Regardless if you liked him or not , he did represent his People , for 18 years. Now , unless a dark horse steps forward , no one will, and that is a sad case for the People of the UP. The UP IS a place that could use a few folks that can speek loud and carry a big stick , be it money or politics or both.
Are you now saying that the people of that district of Michigan believed in government paying for abortion? I hope not because I thought he was representing them when he spoke out against that practice. Help me understand just what is going on.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:30 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'd have liked to have seen the look on his face when his party bosses told him to vote for Obama care and then to drop out "or else". He may be gutless, but did he deserve to be thrown under the bus like that?
What more use did they have for him. When we are through with you, under the bus you go is what I see from them.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:31 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
That is the goal of the Tea Party. Disrupt, discredit, scare, humiliate, find weaknesses , all in the name of pushing a misguided disjointed agenda...Truly a case of be careful what you wish for , they are playing with the minds of the less informed and those with short attention spans....but , that is another story , not this thread.
Wow, now that is spin. Make up your mind, either the TEA party movement is a joke, or it's a power political movement.

Where has the TEA party been disruptive? Its lefty groups like Code Pink, that disrupt congressional committees, and MoveOn who "disrupt, discredit, scare, humiliate, find weaknesses" and then democratic party presidential candidates give campaign speeches before these same groups. The TEA Party is no where near on par with the groups on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies