Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 03:39 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,021,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Hell, you seemed to be so informed about Fox News so I figured you were as good as anyone.

That could have been one of their little advertising things for all I knew. I checked my channel browser and saw it was the Fox and Friends segment. Lots of networks do that. I've seen Fox do something like that with Glenn Beck's logo.

No, we get it, Fox just blurs the lines when...you know, they air those opinion segments during their news block.
So if they air an interview from an opinion show as part of a segment on their news show, they're blurring the lines.

So if Morning Joe ever used a segment from the Maddow or Olbermann show as part of their news segment, they'd be just a guilty. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 04:09 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,991,373 times
FOX leans farther to the right, CNN leans farther to the left. Just pick one.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:12 PM

968 posts, read 2,066,880 times
I definitely believe that Fox News is fair and balanced. While watching the Fox business news this morning, they reported that 50% of taxpayers are not paying taxes. The business commentators suggested that those not paying taxes need to pay more to relieve the tax burden on the upper income levels. Its fair and balanced if the poor pay as well.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:14 PM

14,574 posts, read 23,130,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
So if they air an interview from an opinion show as part of a segment on their news show, they're blurring the lines.

So if Morning Joe ever used a segment from the Maddow or Olbermann show as part of their news segment, they'd be just a guilty. Right?
Yes, and yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
FOX leans farther to the right, CNN leans farther to the left. Just pick one.
MSNBC is the real left leaning one. CNN is closer to center.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:19 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,306,767 times
I lean to the left, but I still watch Fox news. They are no where near balanced at all though. Anyone who was watching the Glenn Beck show yesterday would agree. They had a bunch of college kids on there who were young Republicans. GLENN BECK FLAT OUT SAID WE ARE THE ONLY CONSERVATIVE NETWORK!

Old 04-10-2010, 04:22 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,943,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
I definitely believe that Fox News is fair and balanced. While watching the Fox business news this morning, they reported that 50% of taxpayers are not paying taxes. The business commentators suggested that those not paying taxes need to pay more to relieve the tax burden on the upper income levels. Its fair and balanced if the poor pay as well.
lol what? 50% of taxpayers are not paying taxes? its fair and balanced for the poor to relieve the tax burden on the upper income levels? nevermind the fact that we're talking about ideological bias, not social equity, but still, wtf?

Old 04-10-2010, 04:24 PM

214 posts, read 131,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I lean to the left, but I still watch Fox news. They are no where near balanced at all though. Anyone who was watching the Glenn Beck show yesterday would agree. They had a bunch of college kids on there who were young Republicans. GLENN BECK FLAT OUT SAID WE ARE THE ONLY CONSERVATIVE NETWORK!
Was that a lie?

Old 04-10-2010, 04:26 PM

14,574 posts, read 23,130,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippydippyman View Post
Was that a lie?
Nope, we're just glad to see them acknowledge that their mantra was a lie.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:27 PM

214 posts, read 131,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Nope, we're just glad to see them acknowledge that their mantra was a lie.
So you agree that the other news outlets are left leaning?

Old 04-10-2010, 04:28 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,306,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippydippyman View Post
Was that a lie?
Was what a lie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies