Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 08:29 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
There you go Katiana.

The Tea Party is just an extension of the republican party.

I still wanna know why the same people that are now Tea Part goers wanted Cloin Powell to run for President in 1996 and 2000.

I betcha a lot of them wanted J.C. Watts to run also. I think he's black. They also opposed Clinton's healthcare takeover attempt. Clinton's white.

If there is one thing Obama has done right is he hasn't played the race card. He deserves credit for that. Too bad his supporters can't follow his lead on that one.

The racism charge is a sophomorish attempt to discredit people that don't agree with Obama politically. It's actually quite disgusting.
This is what you dont get,the tea party wants to label Obama a failure so they can then label all blacks as failures and justify thier feelings that we are lazy and dumb and cant lead. That is what is at the root of this movement. This movement will never I mean never elect one black or other ethnic group to any office as long as a white canidate is on the ballot no matter who that person is. I continue to hear Watts and Powell so why arent they in the white house because republicans knew that thier base would never vote for a black man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 08:30 AM

10,035 posts, read 9,522,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Listen I work with a bunch of these types. They allways put down some other race just not the race that is in the room. No one has said they dont have the freedom to be racist so why do they care anyway.
Ohh please.....

I work in Los Angeles in a huge multi-cultured and multi-racial company. I've heard racist comments from many different races and derogatory comments from different ethnic groups.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:31 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,512,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Doesn't prove anything. Unless of course you have a link proving that the "SAME PEOPLE" who wanted Powell to run for president over a decade ago are now all teabaggers.

That's a ridiculous argument, pathetic in fact. Usually you appear to be fairly sharp. However that's not the case in this thread...

Please try to do better in the future...
Well Tea Party critics say over and over that the Tea Paerty is run by the Republican Party. Dick Armey and Sarah Palin in particular.

And the vast majority of the republican party wanted Colin Powell to run for president in 1996 and 2000. So it isn't a stretch to believe that the Tea Party movement is not based on the fact that we have a black president.

There was a big movement in the republican party to get J.C. Watts to run fpr president also.

Last time I voted was in 1992, I think. I voted for Alan Keyes in the primary. Yet, I have had people tell me I don't like Obama because he is black. I voted for a black man for president before it was fashonable, yet I don't want a black president??????? I didn't like Bush either and he aint black.

The race card is nothing but an attempt to silence political critics. People are scared to death of being labeled racist.

Though I don't necessarily agree with the Tea Party movement I think it's great. People in this country finally getting interested in the role of government. If you believe in free speech then you should be praising Tea Party people.

People on the left are too immature to handle a little criticism so they resort to the race card.

It reminds me iof the 2000 Democratic National Convention. There was a ceremony where Boy Scout Troop brought out the American Flag. What was the delegates response? To stand up and turn around so they wouldn't have to face them. That was the lefts response to a bunch of kids because they didn't agree with the organizations political beliefs. Real mature.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:32 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,239,763 times
Quote:
I see, so we need to make a distinction between teabagger sympathizers and actual members...lol..that's a good one.

This is not the first survey coming up with these kind of results. The only conclusion: the tea party movement is motivated only by their hate for Obama ..the color of his skin being the root cause of that hate.

And THAT is called racism..
Apparently you are willing to read and misconstrue the intent of the material and then draw erroneous conclusions to suit yourself. Sheer ignorance. And then willingly use those conclusions and ignorance for the purpose of race baiting.

Ignorance and racism... you sound like a middle aged white male redneck.

Try doing some research on your own. Rather, make that extensive research and then try to understand the meaning of the material you would have studied.

The TEA Party is motivated by the Constitution of the United States, as intended by the founders of the country.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:34 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,512,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I continue to hear Watts and Powell so why arent they in the white house because republicans knew that thier base would never vote for a black man
Because they never ran. It's kinda hard to win if you don't run.

There are plenty of blacks around the country that ran as republicans and won.

Matter of fact the first black U.S. Senator was Republican.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:35 AM

7,969 posts, read 9,183,974 times
http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/mssrp_table.pdf
It is interesting when you go a little deeper into the study.
Look at the results of those who don't support the Tea Party. Only 55% of them thought blacks were hard working and only 57% thought blacks were trustworthy.
So is it just outright racism by all whites, bad "public relations" by blacks or what?

Old 04-10-2010, 08:38 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,442,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post

The TEA Party is motivated by the Constitution of the United States, as intended by the founders of the country.

If the tea party is motivated solely by the Constitution..then where were they during the Bush administration?

And how do you account for the fact that teabagger supporters think like this:

Quote:
only 35% believe Blacks to be hardworking, only 45 % believe Blacks are intelligent, and only 41% think that Blacks are trustworthy

Old 04-10-2010, 08:42 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Ohh please.....

I work in Los Angeles in a huge multi-cultured and multi-racial company. I've heard racist comments from many different races and derogatory comments from different ethnic groups.
Thats great but Im talking about teabaggers. You know any? I do and Im in the south believe me this movement is all about the black Prez

Old 04-10-2010, 08:43 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,857,288 times
Quote:
If the tea party is motivated solely by the Constitution..then where were they during the Bush administration?

And how do you account for the fact that teabagger supporters think like this:
Final time.

Bushs approval rating shows how little support he actually had

Tea party events stated happening when the guy on cnbc was talking about us paying for other peoples houses and called for a modern day tea party. Then people said Hey I'm not alone and start planning them. Here we are today

So you want people to attend something that wasnt called to happen till after Bush was president. Yeah that makes total sense

Old 04-10-2010, 08:43 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,442,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Because they never ran. It's kinda hard to win if you don't run.

There are plenty of blacks around the country that ran as republicans and won.

Matter of fact the first black U.S. Senator was Republican.

And how many black Republicans are currently serving in the Senate? The House?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies