Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 02:42 PM

199 posts, read 319,501 times

Advertisements

I do not believe Israel will allow Iran to get nukes. Say what you want about Israel, but they will not "ask for permission" before they take matters into their own hands.
If they get the intelligence, they "may" make a few calls to "inform" allies before they strike, but they will not "ask for permission".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 02:46 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekender1968 View Post
I do not believe Israel will allow Iran to get nukes. Say what you want about Israel, but they will not "ask for permission" before they take matters into their own hands.
If they get the intelligence, they "may" make a few calls to "inform" allies before they strike, but they will not "ask for permission".
Agreed but what will happen next is the big IF. Iran could launch missles against Israel and the Arab states that allowed the fly over by Israel. After that Israel opens up and attacks and then...........?!

Old 04-11-2010, 04:19 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Agreed but what will happen next is the big IF. Iran could launch missles against Israel and the Arab states that allowed the fly over by Israel. After that Israel opens up and attacks and then...........?!
It is really not just Israel's problem. It's a threat to the world as I described in posts #2 and 6. Israel and Europe are waiting for Obama, as president of the US, to take the lead in the kind of action that would be effective. The French in particular are very frustrated with Obama. His policy hase been abysmal and toothless.

There are two ways short of military action to stop the Iranian regime. One is gasoline sanctions. The House and Senate have long passed bills authorizing Obama to impose these sanctions: House Passes Legislation Prohibiting Funds to Iran's Gasoline Suppliers
Omama has ignored them.

The other way is to present the credible threat of military action (Iran temporarily stopped it's nuclear program in 2003-2004 when it thought it may be next after Iraq).

Obama is not considering either effective option. The uranium cenrifuges spin on. Instead of leading the world to a solution, he's leading the world to a disaster.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Agree. this is what I have read, the Obama Admin is trying to directly target the so called Revolutionary Guard which protects the boys in turbans. They are doing this to weaken the Revo Guard as they are the boys being used to suppress the current protests. The thinking is social instability will result if the state police can't stop the protesters. I like this idea. How plausible? I have no idea.

I think Israel realizes that if they attack nuclear sites in Iran it will start a war and then it's game on tragically.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:51 PM

946 posts, read 2,604,405 times
The thinking is social instability will result if the state police can't stop the protesters. I like this idea. How plausible? I have no idea.
[/quote]

I do. We tried this with Nazi Germany in WWII and it didn't break the will of the people or turn them against their government. This collective punishment in the hopes of turning the population against their rulers and governments has been tried numerous times, always with abysmal results--including the latest example in the 2006 Lebanon war, where Israel bombed a lot of civilian infrastructure in hopes of turning the population against Hezbollah... and the exact opposite happened, especially when Hezbollah rebuilt the Israeli-caused damage in Lebanon (and don't forget that the Lebanese know who made those bombs next time you wonder "why they hate us.")

Foreign aggression will always unite a people, regardless of how ruthlessly they have been suppressed.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:57 PM

Millions of people actively want to overthrow the gov't in Iran............so maybe we would not be seen as the foreign aggressor.......they want you tube baby !! good luck....trying to repress 21st century will and technology with 20th century force

Old 04-11-2010, 05:06 PM

425 posts, read 366,875 times
More than likely someone is gonna get nuked. Then all of this talk and the reality of just who was what , and did this or that will be clarified. Iran is a terrorist nation by proxy. They intend to bring about holy war and as long as they keep it up that is what will happen sooner than later...

Old 04-11-2010, 05:12 PM

so Jack Bauer does not exist in real life and shut it down...........?

Old 04-12-2010, 12:06 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Agree. this is what I have read, the Obama Admin is trying to directly target the so called Revolutionary Guard which protects the boys in turbans. They are doing this to weaken the Revo Guard as they are the boys being used to suppress the current protests. The thinking is social instability will result if the state police can't stop the protesters. I like this idea. How plausible? I have no idea.

I think Israel realizes that if they attack nuclear sites in Iran it will start a war and then it's game on tragically.
To put it frankly, if Obama continues to follow his failed policy then there will be a nuclear bomb in the hands of Islamic radicals. That would bring on the significant possibility, even probability, of a nuclear war. "Targeting" the Revolutionary Guards would be ineffective and meaningless.

As Lamar Alexander said yesterday, the Islamic Republic is "the most dangerous enemy" that America faces. Incredibly there are those who oppose ANY action, military or non-miltary, to stop the Islamists from attaining the bomb. In fact, there are some who hate America so much, including one or two on this thread, who say they want this enemy of America to get the bomb! The mullahs have always referred to America as "the great Satan". There are those here who feel the same way.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:12 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'd like to know what gives the USA and Israel the right to have nuclear weapons but not Iran?
Is your thinker connected to your typing fingers?

Iran is THE Number 1 State sponsor of terrorism in the world.

good grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies