Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:59 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,541,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Drama aside.

Yes, it has always been this way. That is why the State as a conquering, hired, or elected, thug will always be a bad thing for individual liberty.

I see a big difference between our system and others, as I have said that our original premise was a great leap forward in individual freedom. However, the entirety of special interest law that has accumulated has transformed us into something quite unlike its origin. Now it is merely a matter of style not substance to those who are victims of initiations of force by government. We are not a nation of individual freedom anymore, we are a nation of particular freedom. We have all freedoms that the government does not fear. As soon as any freedom is viewed as dangerous to the system, it will be abolished by those who control it.

As to a "civil society", all that people must do is not initiate force upon their fellow man. Voluntary cooperation without the use of force. If a society has to use force to impose its will and keep prisoners and slaves, it is no longer "civil" in any way. Smaller societies that can reach consensus and voluntary cooperation are needed to be "civil". Large societies that must have large portions of their population being victims to those in power at any given time are a tragedy not just to freedom, but to humanity as well.

Live and let live.
What on earth are you talking about? Please, leave the overdramatic fantasy at the door. I don't know about you, but I'm very free. I'm not a victim nor a slave. Stop whining and get a Harley, dude. Then you'll realize what freedom really is. Crimeny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 12:03 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,541,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why are you so obsessed with SOME OF THOSE?

Are you obsessed with some people who drive. There are car accidents everyday?

Are you obsessed with the millions of peole who legally own guns.

I can never figure out why the left has such fear for people who believe in God.

I'm not on the left, Einstein. I've owned a Walther P38 for over 30 years. I've been shooting since I was a child. Sorry to hurt your good vs. evil worldview feelings, but most humans are more complex than you think they are, your apparent simplistic mindset aside. Your reading comprehension is awful. I mentioned nothing about fear. Just because believers may be guided by fear doesn't mean everyone is.

Last edited by nvxplorer; 04-15-2010 at 12:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies