Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:02 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,048,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am a crippled veteran, and I have lost quite a few friends in the Army in the last 7 years. death and injury is a part of war in case you didnt know.

as far as get over it, pull the troops out, nuke swat valley and get rid of bin laden.

if that doesnt work, put a 50 billion dollar bounty on bin ladens head, that should get some results, and be alot cheaper too.
I am sorry for your losses.

I too have family and friends in the military that have been negatively impacted.

Clinton also apologized for not catching bin Laden.

When are Junior and Lord Sith going to own up to their mistakes?

When are they going to apologize for the horrible handling of Katrina?

They claim compassionate conservatism and personal responsibility but don't live up to it.

Freakin' tea partying Palin made an irresponsible and reckless comment on engaging in yet another war at that convention a while back.

Why hasn't she apologized for such a reckless comment?

If Bristol was liable to be drafted I doubt she'd be spoiling for a fight.

These people have no right to call themselves conservatives OR the party of personal responsibility.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:06 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
I am sorry for your losses.

I too have family and friends in the military that have been negatively impacted.

Clinton also apologized for not catching bin Laden.

When are Junior and Lord Sith going to own up to their mistakes?

When are they going to apologize for horrible handling of Katrina?

They claim compassionate conservatism and personal responsibility but don't live up to it.

Freakin' tea partying Palin made an irresponsible and reckless comment on engaging in yet another war at that convention a while back.

Why hasn't she apologized for such a reckless comment?

If Bristol was liable to be drafted I doubt she'd be spoiling for a fight.

These people have no right to call themselves conservatives OR the party of personal responsibility.

I am the type that believes that until a person has seen combat, they should not be the one that can order troops into combat. it would limit the amount of wars that our country would be involved in, and limit the amount of americans dying for some other countries.

I also do not believe in supporting any country that is not in good relations with the USA, if they have to say something bad about us, then no money, troops or any other type of support going to that country.

as far as katrina goes, look it up, the goverment cannot act until the state asks for help. then fema goes in, and then it usually takes 3-7 days for everything to get going.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
honesty?

clinton was caught with his pants down and being given oral sex by one of his interns and he had the nerve to say he never had sexual relations with that woman.

if anything, clinton is anything but honest. i also notice that alot of people that used to work for the clintons and were standing in their way to the white house sure as heck all had fatal accidents, including people like vince foster.
Clinton was classless, clueless, and without any moral compass. What a disgusting piece of work he was and still is.

Now he's out there trying to paint ordinary American citizens, who are exercising their right to disagree with Obama (I refer to the Tea Party supporters) as being like Timothy McVeigh! Outrageous! What a scum bag.

Even his wife screeched at one rally that we ought to be allowed to disagree without being called unpatriotic! Perhaps Bill should listen to his wife, for once.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:17 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,401 times
Quote:
I dont really care about gw, he is gone from the WH, please get over it, and until pbo realizes that he will never actually be a president.

as far as bin ladin goes i agree with you, I think we should just nuke swat valley and get it over and done with.
So the MILLIONS of people who have/had friends and family members fighting/injured/killed in the TWO wars Bush initiated almost a decade ago, should just get over it?

So the MILLIONS of people who have lost their jobs and/or homes and/or livelihoods over the last two years, should just get over it?

So the MILLIONS of people who lost a great deal of their retirement savings, and had to either postpone retirement or learn to live with A LOT less than they worked for decades to save, should just get over it?

Just because a president left office, doesn't mean that the EFFECTS of his presidency are not still felt. MILLIONS of people in this country, still, today, in 2010, are quite literally suffering as a direct or indirect result of Bush's administration. Frankly, anyone who says, "...he is gone from the WH, please get over it," hasn't got a clue.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:24 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He should never have been put in the position to lie in the first place. It was nobody's damn business, most of all the blood thirsty Republicans that used it to further their agenda and we all know how clean as a whistle, family values above all they are (yeah, right).
Please explain how the Republicans used Bill Clinton's sexcapades to further their agenda? This should be interesting.
Quote:
The right wingers have been after President Clinton ever since he took office in 1993.
And you "left wingers" have been after George W. Bush ever since he took office in 2001!
Quote:
In their obsession to get Clinton they fabricated scandals saying the Vince Foster was murdered because Hillary was having an affair with him. These Republicans, who claim to be morally superior, are such cowards that they have to make up rumors and go after a persons wife to put political pressure on them. What a bunch of cowardly slimeballs! They appointed Kenneth Starr to investigate the President. He spent years and millions of dollars and even after torturing witnesses like Susan McDougall, Starr failed to get anything on Clinton.
And you lefties haven't fabricated scandals and lies about G.W. Bush? LOL Give me a break!

Better check your own house before you start throwing stones, Jack.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:32 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
Yeah, you are absolutely right when ever you hear someone talk about class, Clinton always comes to mind.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:42 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
So the MILLIONS of people who have/had friends and family members fighting/injured/killed in the TWO wars Bush initiated almost a decade ago, should just get over it?

So the MILLIONS of people who have lost their jobs and/or homes and/or livelihoods over the last two years, should just get over it?

So the MILLIONS of people who lost a great deal of their retirement savings, and had to either postpone retirement or learn to live with A LOT less than they worked for decades to save, should just get over it?

Just because a president left office, doesn't mean that the EFFECTS of his presidency are not still felt. MILLIONS of people in this country, still, today, in 2010, are quite literally suffering as a direct or indirect result of Bush's administration. Frankly, anyone who says, "...he is gone from the WH, please get over it," hasn't got a clue.

as far as my comments on the two wars take a look at my previous post.

as far as the rest of it, you can only blame bush for so long before it comes back to bite you on the butt.

do you want obama to blame bush for everything while he is office, so when reelection time comes back all he can say to get reelected is that it was all bush's fault. I dont think he will get elected on that premise.

get rid of most of the federal regulations concerning businesses and get rid of fannie and fanny mae, who I believe are the sole cause for the housing bubble.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:52 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
"It was nobody's damn business'.

This where the problem is. The left see Clinton as doing no wrong. The right just the opossite.

If Clinton had done those things in the privacy of his residence in the White House, I would agree with you. But, he didn't. He engaged in immoral conduct WHILE AT WORK IN THE OVAL OFFICE.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:57 PM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Junior and the Emperor led us into a war at the cost of 3 trillion dollars along the blood, pain and sacrifice of too many middle income and working Americans and their families.

How many times have they changed the reasons for going to Iraq and Afghan?

When are they going to catch bin Laden?

And that's not even going into the role Junior played in the great crash.
Wht do you NOT ever blame the role Clinton and the democrats had in going into Iraq. Pure partisianship, I believe.

I am sure you are aware that Clinton signed an order to have Sadaam removed.

How about ALL the democrat senators that were in office under Clinton and had the intelligent reports BRFORE Bush came into office.

Do you want their quotes again?

Get over it, grow up.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,850 times
Quote:
I notice how liberals always never have a problem when another liberal lies or has sexual innuendo's, but when it is a conservative, you scream that he was wrong for doing so.
There is a very simple reason for this. The Repubic Party claims to be the party of family values which is rich. It's all about hypocrisy. The Democratic Party make no such claims because they know its ludicrous for any political group to make such claims. In other words they are realistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies