Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:23 PM

6,074 posts, read 6,078,695 times

Advertisements

I just have to see this guy has really grown on me over the last couple of months.

A real stand up kind of guy.

"Prominent conservative media critic Dan Gainor has offered $100 to the first member of Congress who punches "smary [sic] idiot" Alan Grayson (D-Fl.) in the nose, reports Media Matters.

But Grayson is not one to back down from a media brawl. He told HuffPost: "I think he's overlooking something important: I punch back."

Old 07-21-2010, 11:01 AM

This cat does not have the tenure like Denny does, but I've got to admit, he's definitely one of the most outspoken political cats out there.

"This is their response. This is how the right wing does it. They pay people to clean for them, to cook for them, to drive for them, and now: To punch for them. Or, more specifically, to punch me for them.

We knew they're crazy. It turns out that they're also lazy. Too lazy to throw a punch themselves.

So here they are, inciting violence against our elected officials. Just as they did during the healthcare debate, when many of my Democratic colleagues -- and my five-year-old son -- got a death threat.

But they're forgetting something. Something very important.
We punch back. We punch back with our votes, and our voices. And we will be heard."

Old 07-21-2010, 11:35 AM

2,603 posts, read 4,858,568 times
Nah, liberals don't punch back, they quietly slink over to a corner to ruminate about what they did to make someone want to punch them in the first place.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:25 PM

59,555 posts, read 27,731,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
This cat does not have the tenure like Denny does, but I've got to admit, he's definitely one of the most outspoken political cats out there.

"This is their response. This is how the right wing does it. They pay people to clean for them, to cook for them, to drive for them, and now: To punch for them. Or, more specifically, to punch me for them.

We knew they're crazy. It turns out that they're also lazy. Too lazy to throw a punch themselves.

So here they are, inciting violence against our elected officials. Just as they did during the healthcare debate, when many of my Democratic colleagues -- and my five-year-old son -- got a death threat.

But they're forgetting something. Something very important.
We punch back. We punch back with our votes, and our voices. And we will be heard."

"This is how the right wing does it. They pay people to clean for them, to cook for them, to drive for them'.

Right, and kerry, all the kennedy's, soros, stristand and all the other rich liberals have no servents to wait on them hand and foot.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:13 PM

I just have to give a nod to Old Man Fritz.

He's another real stand up guy and an unsung hero fighting for fair trade deals and the survival and prosperity of our manufacturing sector.

Quote:
Not just lobbyists but <a href="http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07252008/watch3.html" target="_blank">the politicians themselves admit,</a> that Main Street no longer has much representation in government.<br /> <br /> Even the businesses in the politician's constituency may not have much representation.<br /> <br /> Its time to make public servants, once again public servants.<br /> <br /> We need an amendment to make sure our politicians are 1st and foremost beholden to the actual people that make up their constituencies.<br /> <br /> <b>&quot;The game is money. I got to get the money to heck with constituents, I gotta get contributors. <br /> <br /> That's right. We didn't go home on the weekends. We tried to get out Thursday afternoon or night or at least early Friday morning to go to the West Coast for fundraisers. That's why Hollywood and that's why Wall Street has got that much influence. I'm not going to South Carolina. They got no money for a Democrat. I have to travel all over the country. &quot;</b>
<br /> <br />
Quote:
Not just lobbyists but the politicians themselves admit, that Main Street no longer has much representation in government.

Even the businesses in the politician's constituency may not have much representation.

Its time to make public servants, once again public servants.

We need an amendment to make sure our politicians are 1st and foremost beholden to the actual people that make up their constituencies.

"The game is money. I got to get the money to heck with constituents, I gotta get contributors.

That's right. We didn't go home on the weekends. We tried to get out Thursday afternoon or night or at least early Friday morning to go to the West Coast for fundraisers. That's why Hollywood and that's why Wall Street has got that much influence. I'm not going to South Carolina. They got no money for a Democrat. I have to travel all over the country. "

Old 10-06-2010, 09:24 PM

8,934 posts, read 5,422,418 times
Quote:
The humbleness and honesty of this guy is refreshing.

"Now, on derivatives, yeah I think they were wrong and I think I was wrong to take it because the argument on derivatives was that these things are expensive and sophisticated and only a handful of investors will buy them and they don’t need any extra protection, and any extra transparency.

I’ve said that all along. Now, I think if I had tried to regulate them because the Republicans were the majority in the Congress, they would have stopped it. But I wish I should have been caught trying. I mean, that was a mistake I made."

When will Junior and the Emperor take responsibility for their reckless behavior that nearly brought the US along with the whole entire globe to the brink?
Translation- I didn't do anything about this but it's someone else's fault.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:56 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,113,402 times
Clinton is a sleeze and he disgraced the presidency.

Why does everyone forget this...

For one terrible week in July 1995, daytime temperatures in Chicago soared above 100 degrees; even at night the mercury barely dipped below that. Public-health officials knew the prolonged heat would be deadly, especially for frail seniors, but they were stunned by the final death toll. Altogether, the heat wave killed more than 700 Chicagoans more than double the number who died in the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. As New York University sociologist Eric Klinenberg writes in Heat Wave, his remarkable book about the tragedy, "The proportional death toll ... in Chicago has no equal in the record of U.S. heat disasters." The victims were mostly poor, black and elderly...over 1000 died in Chicago and Milwaukee. Clinton was playing golf...

Maybe Hillary feels that her husband is above blame because local and state officials are responsible for taking care of people during a widespread natural disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies