Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 11:32 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
When did Bill Clinton rationalize McVeigh's actions? When did he blame Limbaugh for OKC. I'd like to see the quotes? Limbaugh has actually blamed Clinton, I've given you the links to his own page, nothing out of context there. Limbaugh isn't just "some poster on C-D" he is probably the most influential pundit on the tea party circuit. If not, he is in the top 3.
Clinton didn’t rationalize it. He assessed blame. He stated then and has now again stated that talk radio (and Rush in particular) set the stage for McVeigh by creating an atmosphere of hate and paranoia.

he assessed blame.

Which is no different than what tea party people are doing (assessing blame) when they suggest that McVeigh’s actions were in response to the government botching the Waco and Ruby Ridge incidents.

An assessment of blame is not a rationalization.

you cannot rationalize the irrational.

It is simply a lie to suggest that the tea party is rationalizing the OKC bombing. It is perfectly within reason to debate and discuss the actions and events that led to the OKC bombing.

Clinton wants it to be about right wing talkers making America paranoid. Many on the right suggest that it was the misdeeds of the government that set him on that path. There is a valid debate to be had but characterizing those that see McVeigh as acting out due to actions by the government are not rationalizing. They are assessing blame.

Lets have a debate and end the stupid vitriolic attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
I don't give a crap if it was legally obtained or not. They had no right to break into someone's home for having guns without identifying themselves.
If that is the case, please don't ever let me catch you contributing to a single thread about the "real" meaning of the Constitution.

Quote:
You liberal lap dogs need to realize people are getting real fed up with our rights being taken from us they were made rights for a reason no judge or court can take them away or throw them away at their whim.
That must be why liberals like George H.W. Bush resigned his membership with the NRA.

As I stated before, don't speak about the Constitution unless you have a clue as to what it says.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:22 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Clinton didn’t rationalize it. He assessed blame. He stated then and has now again stated that talk radio (and Rush in particular) set the stage for McVeigh by creating an atmosphere of hate and paranoia.

he assessed blame.

Which is no different than what tea party people are doing (assessing blame) when they suggest that McVeigh’s actions were in response to the government botching the Waco and Ruby Ridge incidents.

An assessment of blame is not a rationalization.

you cannot rationalize the irrational.

It is simply a lie to suggest that the tea party is rationalizing the OKC bombing. It is perfectly within reason to debate and discuss the actions and events that led to the OKC bombing.

Clinton wants it to be about right wing talkers making America paranoid. Many on the right suggest that it was the misdeeds of the government that set him on that path. There is a valid debate to be had but characterizing those that see McVeigh as acting out due to actions by the government are not rationalizing. They are assessing blame.

Lets have a debate and end the stupid vitriolic attacks.

Let's truly define the Tea Party then, and let's stop attacking the people who believe along the same lines as they believe. Let's see what the people are mad about and attack that subject in a positive or negative way rather than attacking the Tea Party who are a group of individuals who all have their own personal reasons for supporting the movement, but the movement has a set of beliefs that all members agree on. Let's debate the policies because the media does have an agenda for making the Tea Party look racist ect. Maybe it's to shut the truth up about the anger that lots of Americans do have. We have to debate the policies not the people who have an opinion.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:20 PM

533 posts, read 318,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Actually, after the Clinton government murdered all those people at Waco and Ruby Ridge, McVeigh was born.
What a shamelessly ^^^^ inflammatory statement. Are there no depths to which conservatives will not sink to attack government and liberals?

You do know that Waco was the reason Timmothy McVeigh said he bombed the fed building in Oklahoma City, don't you? Are you trying to "inspire" someone else to domestic terrorism?

Last edited by HummerLuvr; 04-20-2010 at 02:28 PM..

Old 04-20-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I guess you haven't listened to some of hussein obama's pals have you? They actually did blow up buildings like McVeigh!

All the hate is coming from the left wingers.
well, all the LIES are coming from the right wingers.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I smell a troll

I see you have nothing to offer but outrageous, unfounded accusations which are only meant to cause a fight, so I'll put you on ignore. I hate trolls.
I see an evasive answer, a sidestep of the question. Upton asked for a simple yes or no answer to his question. And you respond that the question indicated a "troll"? What's so hard about answering Upton's question?

Old 04-20-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Several years ago, one of these groups (a lesser known one, don't recall the acronym) raided the office that a friend of mine worked at. They burst in - during business hours - trashed the place, and ran out. They caused thousands of dollars in damage. Their reason? They thought (they were wrong) that the company, which is a software development company, was working with a specific animal testing lab that the group regularly targets.

These groups are classified as domestic terrorist organizations by the FBI. But we haven't heard a peep from Upton about them - maybe we should assume that since he hasn't denounced them, he must approve of them.

Upton, you obviously support terrorism!

(do you see now how stupidly idiotic your logic on this matter is now?!)
Did the people who "burst" into your friend's office kill anybody? This thread is about the Oklahoma City bombing by Timothy McVeigh, the largest domestic terrorism attack in the U.S. to date.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
Did the people who "burst" into your friend's office kill anybody? This thread is about the Oklahoma City bombing by Timothy McVeigh, the largest domestic terrorism attack in the U.S. to date.
Nah, Lincoln killed waaaaay more people

Old 04-20-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you watch MSNBC and are listening to the people in the White House as both work so hard to discredit anybody, especially the Tea Party movement, who doesn't agree with them.

If you want I can suggest a report about what was said often on MSNBC yesterday to try to get people to see that the Tea Party movement is trying to make McVeigh look like the good guy. I don't watch MSNBC for this very reason but did read some transcripts from them this morning and found more reason not to watch that group.
You miss a lot by limiting your exposure. You could have heard Timothy McVeigh's own voice telling YOU what motivated him to do what he did, as well as hearing in his own words and voice him telling you and all of us the details of how he planned the bombing, talking about his experience in the military, telling about his experience when he got out of the military, and the details of how he and Nichols actually BUILT the bomb themselves, plus, finally what he intended to accomplish by blowing up that building and killing those people.

However, I see from your above post, that you are very, very careful not to allow your brain to be exposed to anything which might be contrary to what you WANT to believe. Good luck with that thinking. Your negative bias toward MSNBC cost you a little slice of direct information from the terrorist's mouth.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Nah, Lincoln killed waaaaay more people
I don't really care what Lincoln did. However, I am concerned about people out there who think like McVeigh did. And it's abundantly clear that there are unfortunately a number of people out there these days who think that violence is the way to make their voices heard and the way to "change things" ....... McVeigh was stunningly delusional and confused, and yet he was able to twist his thinking to a point that he ended up believing that he was a "hero" for what he did......he boasted 168 to 1! No doubt there are other "young men" out there today who are believing the bs being spouted on talk radio and Fox every day, and at some point, one of them or several of them, will decide that they have to resort to violence to "save their country" .......while Rush, Sean, and Beck laugh all the way to the bank.....and the "patriots" and militia groups drool with envy. Little minds who want to make a "big impact" by doing some killing in order to "show government."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies