Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 02:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I saw the headline too... for what tea baggers (the defenders of freedom of speech) couldn't digest his free speech and went pokey nosey. How would they like to be singled out for their rhetoric? After all, it is so easy, even tea baggers can do it!

Here is the video. Hilarious, I must say.
The tea baggers had nothing at all to do with him being fired.. Thats a business decision.. Call Geico and complain.

Btw, are you now saying Freedom Works cant exercise their right to free speech by releasing a voice message that was left on their answering machine?

Watched the video, not the least bit funny unless you think its humorous to denegrade others like a childhood bully in a playground..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 02:36 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The tea baggers had nothing at all to do with him being fired.. Thats a business decision.. Call Geico and complain.
Because a person exercised his freedom of speech against a movement that claims to be defenders of the said freedom, it is somehow defending that person's right by calling the business that employs him.

Would tea baggers whine if the favor was returned? No? They are whining when people are calling them out on their lies and misinformation and want them to shut up... forget about words being conveyed to their employers.

Quote:
Btw, are you now saying Freedom Works cant exercise their right to free speech by releasing a voice message that was left on their answering machine?
Where did I say that? I actually loved it... seeing "tea baggers" written ALL over it.

Quote:
Watched the video, not the least bit funny unless you think its humorous to denegrade others like a childhood bully in a playground..
While the video was amusing (and most of it nothing new), hilarity was in the phone calls. Absolutely loved it (and yes, it comes at tea baggers expense).

Old 04-21-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
i wouldn't consider a voicemail falling under freedom of speech. the message was intended to incite anger and be perjorative towards the employees of FreedomWorks.

if i left a voicemail on your phone calling you names, would you consider it free speech? no you'd consider it harassment.
Obviously you didn't get it. He was (apparently) fired when the tea baggers flooded GEICO with calls, objecting to his speech (which is the video you just saw).

Old 04-21-2010, 02:42 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
They are trying out some new slogans with a new spokesman.
"If you voted for Obama, you're probably paying too much for car insurance."
"So easy an Obama supporter can do it."
"That stack of money. It's the money you would saved not voting for Obama."

Old 04-21-2010, 02:45 PM

GEICO Caves!

Old 04-21-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Because a person exercised his freedom of speech against a movement that claims to be defenders of the said freedom, it is somehow defending that person's right by calling the business that employs him.
No one said he wasnt entitlted to his freedom of speech, but once you leave a message on an answering machine, your message belongs the property of the one you called and they can do whatever they wish with it. Do you have any proof that freedom works called Geico?
Quote:
Would tea baggers whine if the favor was returned? No? They are whining when people are calling them out on their lies and misinformation and want them to shut up... forget about words being conveyed to their employers.
What? Who is whining here? Is that little voice in your head whining now because the guy got fired for doing something stupid and acting childish?
Quote:
Where did I say that? I actually loved it... seeing "tea baggers" written ALL over it.

While the video was amusing (and most of it nothing new), hilarity was in the phone calls. Absolutely loved it (and yes, it comes at tea baggers expense).
Wasnt the least bit amusing. I guess I have higher standards in what humor is because I dont see how calling people retarded is humorous in the slightest bit.

Again, like little children playing in the playground.. "haha, look at that retard".. little child laughing follows..

Old 04-21-2010, 02:48 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Your switching to Geico because the voice of Geico wanted to know how the "mentally retarded" tea party members would spin someone killing an individual?

All I could say is WOW, you have some standards there!!
I think it's a hoot! And to answer your question, uh, "yes, I am". Even if they did have to fire the guy for not being "PC". BTW, you're a fan of "PC", aren't you?

And though I'd change the "retarded" accusation to "psychologically disturbed", his questions are actually fair ones, especially considering the "baggers" level of denial, spin, and outright lying about their numbers, being "representative", etc., the wacky charges, and all the obvious bigotry. So now Teabaggers claim they're "victims" too... big deal, what else is new?!

But to have someone who adores Glenn Beck start questioning others "standards"... now that's definitely "retarded"!

Old 04-21-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Obviously you didn't get it. He was (apparently) fired when the tea baggers flooded GEICO with calls, objecting to his speech (which is the video you just saw).
So the tea party members arent entitled to "protest"? I guess its humorous that Geico is owned by Buffet, who also endorsed Obama..

Old 04-21-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
I think it's a hoot! And to answer your question, uh, "yes, I am". Even if they did have to fire the guy for not being "PC". BTW, you're a fan of "PC", aren't you?
I think its childish, I mean seriously what was his intent? Did he plan to accomplish anything by leaving a voice mail?
Quote:
And though I'd change the "retarded" accusation to "psychologically disturbed", his questions are actually fair ones, especially considering the "baggers" level of denial, spin, and outright lying about their numbers, being "representative", etc., the wacky charges, and all the obvious bigotry. So now Teabaggers claim they're "victims" too... big deal,what else is new?!
wouldnt the "victim" be the man who was fired for, as liberals proclaim, exercising his first amendment right to speak? Ahh, poor baby!!
Quote:
But to have someone who adores Glenn Beck start questioning others "standards"... now that's definitely "retarded"!
Little voices talking to you as well? You seem to make up arguments as you go along and when those arguments fail, you have to make up lies and then dispute them.. Let me guess, liberal?

Old 04-21-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
So the tea party members arent entitled to "protest"? I guess its humorous that Geico is owned by Buffet, who also endorsed Obama..
They can protest alright... they provide a good show after all. But, it is hypocritical of them to whine about rights being impeded when they themselves do it, and did in this case. They got personal, and instead of rebuking him as a person, went crying to his employer. How grown up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies