Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 07:53 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You seem to have a problem with them spoofing Judaism and Christianity though. That tells me, if someone mocks the religions you favor, you seem to have an issue with it. And so do they. You hate them, and they hate you. Looks like the feeling is mutual.
No, you just completely made that up. Actually, you flat out lied. Because I already said that I respect them for going after everyone equally.

If you can point out some part of this thread where I said I had a problem with them spoofing Judaism or Christianity, go right ahead. If not, you should apologize .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,836 times
Quote:
Your freedom of speech doesn't protect you from its consequences. If you disagree, you should raise this same question to tea partiers who called GEICO to fire the guy, who plays the voice of the gecko, over the you tube video that mocks them.
he started it, so it was only fair

Geico FIRES D.C. Douglas: Voice Actor Dropped After Insulting FreedomWorks, Tea Partiers

Old 04-23-2010, 07:56 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
We have freedom of speech in this country.
And yet, it must be okay with you that tea partiers flooded GEICO with messages to fire a guy (the voice of the gecko) over a video that mocks them.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
And yet, it must be okay with you that tea partiers flooded GEICO with messages to fire a guy (the voice of the gecko) over a video that mocks them.
Nothing you say in this thread will have any merit until you admit that you are using flat-out lies to try and make your point. When you're ready to do that, and then try to participate in the thread again without doing that, maybe something you contribute will have some value.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
No, you just completely made that up. Actually, you flat out lied. Because I already said that I respect them for going after everyone equally.

If you can point out some part of this thread where I said I had a problem with them spoofing Judaism or Christianity, go right ahead. If not, you should apologize .
Would you like to point out my lie? You make no sense.

As for your issue with them spoofing Judaism or Christianity (which itself is amusing considering you can't be following both religions, yet appear to emphasize on two of them as if they are both your own), you carry a grudge that is apparent. Apparent, because you didn't let it go but brought it up.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:00 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,432 times
All I am saying is that Comedy Central (or whatever network) has responsibilities that go beyond the creators of the show. If the creators of South Park want to stand on principal, that is their perogative. They have come out and issued a statement defending the show and their right to say whatever they want. But, I would guess that there are dozens/hundreds of other people who work on South Park or Comedy Central, who may or may not want to take that stand. At the end of the day, Comedy Central has to make a decision as to what they believe is in the best interest of their network and all of their employees.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
So the answer is even if you didn't do anything wrong, you have to give in to threats and keep quiet. Wonderful.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:03 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,035,277 times
Quote:
I know nothing about that, i don't keep track of them, but they have freedom of speech also.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
By the way, the guy WAS NOT the voice of the gecko, and he already admitted that what he did was "STUPID!" in exactly the way I just typed it.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Would you like to point out my lie? You make no sense.

As for your issue with them spoofing Judaism or Christianity (which itself is amusing considering you can't be following both religions, yet appear to emphasize on two of them as if they are both your own), you carry a grudge that is apparent. Apparent, because you didn't let it go but brought it up.
Again, I said that I respect them for going after everyone equally. You are lying about my having an issue with them spoofing Judaism and Christianity. Just completely lying. My posts are right here for everyone to read, and I never said it, because it's not true. They go after everyone. I'm glad that they do.

Also, what world do you live in where a person can't enjoy both Judaism and Christianity? For the record, I enjoy both, not that I owe you an explanation. Just the same, I have no problem with South Park going right after these religions along with everything else in the world they address.

So really, you've got nothing to offer here.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
I know nothing about that, i don't keep track of them, but they have freedom of speech also.
Then why are you complaining?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies