Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do u agree with current CCP ( Concealed Carry Permit ) laws..?
YES,they are OK... 29 27.36%
NO,they should be more LIBERAL ( more pro gun carry) 56 52.83%
NO,they should be STRICTER ( more anti-gun carry) 21 19.81%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:07 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,914,840 times

Advertisements

The easiest way to obtain and carry a gun in my state (NJ) is to join the Crips, Bloods or Latin kings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 01:24 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,193,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
To clarify,I mean the "Shall Carry " Law of 40 states...

Needless to say that I personally believe in classes of CCP...
For example,a 16yr old should have permit only for .22 cal.
U should have to stay 1-2 years incident free in each class to go to any higher.

For the no gun zones,u should have the highest qualifications...even accepting random drug testing & so on...
My proposal is

Class D, age 16+,only .22 cal.no entry in gun free zones...
Class C,18+,mandatory 1 year in class D,up to .38,no entry in zones..no in campuses
Class B ,20+,mandatory 1 year in class C,up to .50( pistol ) ,no entry in zones...yes in college campuses..

Class A,22+,mandatory 1 year in class B,up to .50,passed special course,approved by psychiatrists,agree to random drug tests & to other regulations,almost as a police officer,
permitted armed entry in all "gun free zones" ...

almost as a police officer?

you have to be kidding. as a NRA Instructor, I have taught both police and civilians how to shoot, and find that more often than not that cops are the worst shots out there. they neither practice or take the time to learn their firearm. whereas civilians do both.

I would rather arm more civilians and disarm the cops, because as an instructor, I know that with the cops and civialians I have taught, the cops shoot badly and the civilians shoot good.

PS. I voted NO, more liberal, but I mean more liberal as in no gun laws at all as gun control is only there to effect the law abiding, as criminals already break the law and have a complete disregard to victim disarmanent laws(gun control).

Old 04-29-2010, 02:15 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I voted no, need to be less strict, when states pass 'shall issue, that means shall issue, statewide, and the bans on CCW carry in certain areas needs to go away. N Las Vegas (where one needs to be able to carry) is a no CCW area. BS. If you have completed the requirements to carry concealed, there should be no public restrictions on what area of town you can carry. Local LE also has to much latitude in how they issue and how much they tax for CCW as well. Standardize it. We pay for the training and QT's 50 bucks is fair for the LE fees. Across the board.
I think they finally changed that and allow CCWs now. Reason I believe this is so is that you can now apply for a CCW permit at the North Las Vegas police department. But this and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee, I suggest you call them and get the official answer.

But yes, I agree with you, parts of North Las Vegas are most definitely a CCW area!

Old 04-29-2010, 04:21 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,234,786 times
I voted more liberal. I recently got denied a CCW here in Las Vegas. The reason is ridiculous too. I passed on everything except that I have had a DUI in the last 5 years. I have to wait a little over a year until I can get it.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:52 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,156 times
I like the spirit of the commentators,but as a realist,I always prefer to prepare arguments for...the other world,the world of non/antis...

How can we persuade them ,that's the idea...

Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,218 times
Quote:
If someone is an avid .50 BMG shooter,but so stubborn that he can't ...downsize (..? ) to .416,he should emigrate to nearby Utah...
You invest in a $10,000 gun. Add a couple thousand for quality optics. $5 per round. To save money, a few hundred in reloading equipment. Yes, most of that equipment can be used for a smaller cal but you are still out $10,000 for the rifle.

Quote:
Only IL is viciously blue antigun,but then,who wants to live up there..?
5m people pro gun should drop the state & come to TX & FL...

I see no reason for a pro-gun to stay 1 more day in IL...
It's mostly Chicago. Look at the gun manufacturers in IL - Rock River Arms, Armalite and Springfield Armory. Heck, Armalite's latest promotion was "buy a truckload of guns and keep the truck". One guy took advantage of it and got a free deuce and a half.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
There needs to be mandatory gun safety taught to all children, by the age 6 and again when they are in Junior high and again in High school.

Lack of gun education, is the cause of many, many tragedies.
I owned my first gun @ age 5 I shot that shot gun and went bird hunting all through my youth. I saw the damage it did for a little .410 I was dead scared to try and shoot my dads double barrel 12, still am. That thing kicks like a MULE! I have only shot a handgun once in my life. It was a 357 loaded with 38's My uncle slipped a 357 round in there without me knowing it and I refused to shoot that gun again. It about broke my wrist with that round in there. I learned at a very young age, to respect firearms.
My dad always told me, "a pistol will only get you in trouble" I don't own a pistol today. I have shotguns, long rifles and plinkers.

The thing is a lot of citizens buy guns mostly pistols and have never shot a gun in their lives. They don't get the education they should have, to own a firearm. It is not a toy! They have no respect for the gun and it gets them in trouble.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:18 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
We should be able to carry our six shooters in plain sight and if some varmit disrespects us or our women's we meet 'em in the alley and fill 'em full of hot lead.

Dadgummit.
Good plan!
Seriously......it is.

6-shooters, though?

Bring it into the 21st century and I'm with ya!

Semi / Full-auto weapons visible for all to see on your hips, along with that concealed can of mace or pepper spray, the Chinese throwing star and a pocketful of M-80s from last 4th of July......I'd say you should be pretty safe, in most areas.

The crime rate would surely drop once the house has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, IMO.
Short tempers and itchy trigger fingers might pose a problem......but I like to believe such a problem, wouldn't be a problem.......for very long.
After the dust settles........ALL crime would drop off rather quickly I believe, but I can't say for sure if we won't need a LOT more funeral homes and cemeteries before we see practically, NOTHING going on.....no more finger gestures, foul language, spitting on the sidewalk or jaywalking.

PEACE......and quiet

AHHH......Utopia!

Old 04-29-2010, 07:34 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Good plan!
Seriously......it is.

6-shooters, though?

Bring it into the 21st century and I'm with ya!

Semi / Full-auto weapons visible for all to see on your hips, along with that concealed can of mace or pepper spray, the Chinese throwing star and a pocketful of M-80s from last 4th of July......I'd say you should be pretty safe, in most areas.

The crime rate would surely drop once the house has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, IMO.
Short tempers and itchy trigger fingers might pose a problem......but I like to believe such a problem, wouldn't be a problem.......for very long.
After the dust settles........ALL crime would drop off rather quickly I believe, but I can't say for sure if we won't need a LOT more funeral homes and cemeteries before we see practically, NOTHING going on.....no more finger gestures, foul language, spitting on the sidewalk or jaywalking.

PEACE......and quiet

AHHH......Utopia!

You would see a lot of men, women and children, practicing the quick draw, once again.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You would see a lot of men, women and children, practicing the quick draw, once again.
Yep....it should be a requirement too.

Just like passing a driving test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies