Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 04:27 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,444,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Again, racial profiling didn't begin with this signing. It goes on everywhere, and if you don't believe that then you are mistaken. And it isn't just one group of people. It depends on the circumstances. Yes, even white people can be and are racially profiled.

A white guy in a certain kind of neighborhood is just as likely to be questioned by the police as anyone, anywhere.
Will white people be profiled by this? No. So it's really easy for them to accept profiling as the status quo.

By your convoluted logic, we should have abided other egregious practices we used to embrace. "Oh but it's happening already" is an extremely juvenile approach to the topic and one I suspect is born of simple intellectual dishonesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 04:29 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,357,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Do you really think taking a page out of the SS rulebook is the way to fix the immigration problem?

We have to start somewhere. Last I heard they won't be hauling them off to camps to gas them to death....but keep up the comparisons....the shock value is great!

Old 04-23-2010, 04:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Profiling happens everyday and to everyone that comes in contact with a new person they cross paths with and their eyes see.

It is called being human.

When you, I, or any human meets someone for the first time, each is trying to figure out the other from the first glance.

Saying it isn't so, and your living in a dream world.

This is war people, it is not playtime.
The Forefathers and my government, grants me my American rights to bare arms against any invasion of another nation.

You need to be pissed at the illegals that got you caught up in this mess in the first place. If they were not here, would this even be an issue. Hispanics need to make a choice. Your American, or your not. END OF DISCUSSION!

Old 04-23-2010, 04:31 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,350,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
We have to start somewhere. Last I heard they won't be hauling them off to camps to gas them to death....but keep up the comparisons....the shock value is great!
I found the use of "death panels" so effective, I thought I'd give it a try.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I found the use of "death panels" so effective, I thought I'd give it a try.

Keep up the good work.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:36 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,444,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I think all of that spinning has made you dizzy. I can go online and pull more info from public records than I can get from a birth certificate. Federal tax liens are public record. The older ones list the social security number. A document that you can get copies of any time you want for short money just isn't all that valuable. Sorry- try again.
Sorry Rick buddy, you're the one spinning. If the BC is so invaluable, why do they want to see it? Oh yeah, you do spin.

My SS number was recently hacked along with thousands of others. The hacked party gave us a free year of monitoring and 25 grand in ID theft protection. This info is valued, regardless of your failed internet gotchas. Just because it is easier to obtain these days doesn't mean that everyone is like you and are apathetic about it. This apparent apathy is a "fact" which I am taking with a huge grain of salt. I think you are being obtuse for the sake of argument (the fact you went back to monetary value again bears this suspicion out), because you are obsessed with this issue, not unlike Lou Dobbs. So you just build walls around anyone who disagrees with your radical position.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,818,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm suprised at the liberal offense.
All coming from the party that wants to regulate everything from sodium content in food to thermostat settings in our homes.
100% agree with the above statement. The left is so obsessed with having everything regulated but when a state decides to go ahead and solve the problem that has to be dealt with on the Federal level in the first place they shout at the top of their lungs about a civil rights violation. The president has already promised to kill the law through the Supreme Court. I suppose this law goes against the amnesty he’s going to propose.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Sorry Rick buddy, you're the one spinning. If the BC is so invaluable, why do they want to see it? Oh yeah, you do spin.

My SS number was recently hacked along with thousands of others. The hacked party gave us a free year of monitoring and 25 grand in ID theft protection. This info is valued, regardless of your failed internet gotchas. Just because it is easier to obtain these days doesn't mean that everyone is like you and are apathetic about it. This apparent apathy is a "fact" which I am taking with a huge grain of salt. I think you are being obtuse for the sake of argument (the fact you went back to monetary value again bears this suspicion out), because you are obsessed with this issue, not unlike Lou Dobbs. So you just build walls around anyone who disagrees with your radical position.

Does your birth certificate have your social security number on it?

Old 04-23-2010, 04:48 PM

24,446 posts, read 23,114,427 times
As the federal government becomes more irrelevant in dealing with problems facing its citizens, you have to expect state and local authorities to step up and try to deal with the situations they face.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:48 PM

1,089 posts, read 656,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm suprised at the liberal offense.
All coming from the party that wants to regulate everything from sodium content in food to thermostat settings in our homes.
I am not surprised that you don't see the difference in the two. How would you like it if you were constantly asked for your papers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies