Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

There are lots of arch conservatives living in Massachusetts a well.

In this case the school was trying to reject this person for being different. They apparently did a good job. I guess they can’t help being a bunch of clannish bigots.

She should leave and come back in 25 years as a very successful person and rub their noses in their own excrement. Then again they do not deserve even that much consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Outside of LA county, most SoCal counties swing to the right.
Thank you for validating my point.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:41 AM

383 posts, read 222,726 times
Nope they made a rule years ago it is to be respected. You are in high school its not time for ignorant stunts like she pulled she wants to do that crap go to commifornia or commichusets they are much more backwards and liberal there I am sure they will just love her.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
Nope they made a rule years ago it is to be respected. You are in high school its not time for ignorant stunts like she pulled she wants to do that crap go to commifornia or commichusets they are much more backwards and liberal there I am sure they will just love her.
Again, it depends on where you are in California. Many very conservative people live in the southern portion of California, and my former home county in northern California also had a strong contingent of conservatives.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:44 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
Quote:
Learn a little reading comprehension and then read the posts between your previous post and this one.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:44 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I agree this had nothing to do with being a lesbian. it had to do with making a joke out of the yearbook. lesbians i know dont wear tux's even on a nite out.
Some do...in one of my college classes, on a day we were giving presentations, a lesbian in the class wore a tux....

Old 04-29-2010, 08:50 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I guess you don't know about that whole Bus Integration "Incident" back in 1965 in Boston, I suggest you look it up.
Actually it was 1974, so before you call me out on something, you should at least get the facts straight. I know exactly what happened, and it was well before my time, and was a very isolated event. The cities of Boston and Springfield (I know becuase my mother was in HS at the time in Springfield-and nothing happened) had to comply with that law, and both did quite easily. The "incident" was isolated to the neighborhood of South Boston, which was run by a bunch of old Irish Catholic families. Of course today the neighborhood is one of the gay neighborhoods in the country. Times do change change buddy.

Quote:
Lord. You obviously do not pay attention to the news. The fence one that was Wyoming and the truck one that was Texas. No way I would move to commiefornia or commiechusets
Oh I knew exactly where they happened, but my point is still valid. BTW, you wouldn't even be welcomed in Massachusetts. That's cute, commiechusetts, usually we just here Taxachusetts from you neo-con loons. You should sell it to Talking Points Memo.

Last edited by lmkcin; 04-29-2010 at 08:59 AM..

Old 04-29-2010, 09:06 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Actually it was 1974, so before you call me out on something, you should at least get the facts straight. I know exactly what happened, and it was well before my time, and was a very isolated event. The cities of Boston and Springfield (I know becuase my mother was in HS at the time in Springfield-and nothing happened) had to comply with that law, and both did quite easily. The "incident" was isolated to the neighborhood of South Boston, which was run by a bunch of old Irish Catholic families. Of course today the neighborhood is one of the gay neighborhoods in the country. Times do change change buddy.

Oh I knew exactly where they happened, but my point is still valid. BTW, you wouldn't even be welcomed in Massachusetts. That's cute, commiechusetts, usually we just here Taxachusetts from you neo-con loons.
Actually, you are really minimizing the "incident". There was a lot of resistance to busing in Massachusetts, some of that resistance having to do with racism, and some of the resistance having to do with people being upset about how it was decided who would be "bussed" to schools with poorer reputations. But Massachusetts was the location where a lot of parents were very upset, and some people got violent.

That said, you take pains to point out that most of the violence was localized, and explain that violence. But you do not hesitate to broadly condemn the entire state of Mississippi. That's inconsistent.

Massachusetts is a great state. It has some wonderful attributes, and I think the Berkshires are one of the most beautiful areas in our country. I love Boston, and the Cape. Mississippi is a great state, too. It has some wonderful attributes. The Gulf Coast is strikingly beautiful. The food is wonderful. The music is wonderful.

Neither state is perfect. And I'm sure both states welcome any visitors who come prepared to enjoy what they have to offer.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:19 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Just another media w-h-0-r-e looking to become a hero to the gay west coast liberals and maybe get a free college scholarship like that other Mississippi lesbo who trashed her entire town so she could be famous for fifteen minutes.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:20 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, you are really minimizing the "incident". There was a lot of resistance to busing in Massachusetts, some of that resistance having to do with racism, and some of the resistance having to do with people being upset about how it was decided who would be "bussed" to schools with poorer reputations. But Massachusetts was the location where a lot of parents were very upset, and some people got violent.

That said, you take pains to point out that most of the violence was localized, and explain that violence. But you do not hesitate to broadly condemn the entire state of Mississippi. That's inconsistent.

Massachusetts is a great state. It has some wonderful attributes, and I think the Berkshires are one of the most beautiful areas in our country. I love Boston, and the Cape. Mississippi is a great state, too. It has some wonderful attributes. The Gulf Coast is strikingly beautiful. The food is wonderful. The music is wonderful.

Neither state is perfect. And I'm sure both states welcome any visitors who come prepared to enjoy what they have to offer.
Yes but to put Massachusetts in the same vain as Mississippi and basically equate the two histories, and say they are equally racist, simply doesn't make sense, whatsoever. When in fact it was an isolated (and horrible) event in South Boston. Other parts of the state had to contend with the same issue, and there were no problems.

Yes, we can point out ONE incidence in Massachusetts that discusses rascism. But look at the other civil rights acheivements of the state, while we're at it. Slavery abolished in 1783, public education for ALL in 1640, gay marriage in 2004, universal health care in 2007.

Anyway, this thread isn't about MA, it's about MS, and their bigoted stance to this young woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies