Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 03:47 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Its bad stuff, worse than the oil , as it causes the oil dispersment to settle in the Gulf where all the shellfish are. It just makes people think there is no problem,cause you can't see the oil on the surface. BPs rep will be toast when this is all over...in about 50 years....... Tell you local BP station manager what you think about it.
Christ, where is the EPA on all this? How can this be allowed????
I went over to the coast last weekend and bought as much shrimp and crawfish as I could stuff in the deep freeze.
I just cant believe that the govt is just going to stand by and allow this stuff to be sprayed on the spill.......unbelievable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,946,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Christ, where is the EPA on all this? How can this be allowed????
I went over to the coast last weekend and bought as much shrimp and crawfish as I could stuff in the deep freeze.
I just cant believe that the govt is just going to stand by and allow this stuff to be sprayed on the spill.......unbelievable!
The product has been" reformulated "from what was used in the North Sea... somehow they got the EPA to sign off, or under the name of what you can't see won't hurt you , not sure which. I have a chemist friend who says its toxic stuff, bad for the enviorement big time !

Old 07-28-2010, 10:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I made no such "excuse" for the mess. I simply pointed out that oil appears naturally in the environment and damages the environment naturally as well as man made. The oil will dissipate in this disaster just like it has since the beginning of time.
Ahhh, always love recapping threads where people claimed you didnt know what you were talking about, and time proves you correct..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies