Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 02:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditTheFed View Post
See, I knew you were just asking for quotes just so you can make a mockery of them. You do not want to know the truth whatsoever.
Please link us the quotes of all those other generals saying these same things.

We can all see the blinders are firmly glued on.
No need to justify anything to this unpatriotic gene in American history.
They silence themselves with this mockery, no need to restrict "its" 1st amendment right to expose themselves for what they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 02:04 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
George Washiington was not a religious man.

Google Founding Father deist and do a bit of reading.

I'll help you out. Here's the first hit:

Religion and the Founding Fathers (http://www.earlyamericanhistory.net/founding_fathers.htm - broken link)
The information in this article is debunked. It claims that Jefferson did not believe in Christ, yet...read this and weep...

WallBuilders - Historical Documents - Thomas Jefferson Document

Old 05-24-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Yow! Can you sum that up, please?

I place the President George Washington's speech in question before you that you asked for, and now you want a summary? What, you don't recognize that is his speech declining to be King Of America?

What's to sum up? The proof he was a religious man?? I was sure you could see it for yourself.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:14 PM

214 posts, read 120,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We can all see the blinders are firmly glued on.
No need to justify anything to this unpatriotic gene in American history.
They silence themselves with this mockery, no need to restrict "its" 1st amendment right to expose themselves for what they are.
I know.... I will admit, I'm not a religious person at all, but I do respect what roles religion played in our history in becoming civilized people and I also know and respect our FF's for who and WHAT they were and stood for. I have alot of respect for the Christian faith, it is the corner stone of our founding and civilized existence and I think it is tremendously horrifying that there are advocates out there that are trying to remove that....

Old 05-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

And you failed to prove that Washington was anything more than a deist.

Or have I???

One has to understand, you cannot prove anything to the ignorant.

See you at the next battle!

Old 05-24-2010, 02:15 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times
The life of George Washington: first president of the United States

By Samuel George Arnold

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/washington.png (broken link)

Old 05-24-2010, 02:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"He submitted to the inevitable stroke with the dignity of a man, the calmness of a philosopher, the resignation and confidence of a Christian."

The Life of George Washington, David Ramsey, 1832
Which is evidence that David Ramsey was a Christian, but not that George Washington was.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:44 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times
http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/Dragging_Canoe/washington1.png (broken link)

Old 05-24-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Which is evidence that David Ramsey was a Christian, but not that George Washington was.

A quote of Washington's own words. Your proving my point, about proving anything to the ignorant.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:47 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The life of George Washington: first president of the United States

By Samuel George Arnold

One, a reference to someone's "Christian" character does not make them a Christian. Someone can exemplify "Christian" values, like charity, temperance, and honesty, and not be a Christian.

Two, Mr Arnold is describing the President. Mr Washington avoided explicating on his religious beliefs, especially as he grew older. Mr Arnold, applying his own sensibilities and values, ascribes beliefs to Mr Washington that cannot be verified by Washington's own words. There's nothing wrong with Mr Arnold doing his, biographers of great men and notable personalities often have to apply insight to gain an understanding of the people they study, but readers have to keep in mind that biographies, even auto-biographies, rarely tell the entire story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies